• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greedfall - Everything we know 2019 update

Loved The Technomancer and been looking forward to Greedfall since it was announced.
Technomancer was panned and under rated. It felt like old school bioware game like kotor 1 and 2. I really loved it. Sure it could of used better fast travel but I couldn't put it down, a lot of choice, plus good plot. Will Def check this out.

What to get this week
Borderlands 3 ps4 at full price
Greed fall for 50

(I already bought ff8, Torchlight 2, trials and ac3 on switch this week. Damn you eshop sales.)

Virex

Banned
Technomancer was panned and under rated. It felt like old school bioware game like kotor 1 and 2. I really loved it. Sure it could of used better fast travel but I couldn't put it down, a lot of choice, plus good plot. Will Def check this out.

What to get this week
Borderlands 3 ps4 at full price
Greed fall for 50

(I already bought ff8, Torchlight 2, trials and ac3 on switch this week. Damn you eshop sales.)
Glad you also liked The Technomancer. It was flawed in many ways but there was just something special about it that I really enjoyed. I started GreedFall yesterday al though I didn't play much because I got home a bit late from work. I'm going to play the shit out of it starting today.

There's a lot of good stuff coming out now. But I'm sticking with GreedFall. I'll get Borderlands 3 Friday. I really wanted it on PC but I'm not using the Epic store. So I'll settle for PS4 Pro. I'll pick up my copy Friday.

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

It was causing weird occasional stutter as I moved through the cities. like, 60fps...then bam 20 for a second or two as it loads <something>, then 60 again.
Same thing, butter smooth then stutter for a second. I looked in gpuz and it ate all 8 gigs of vram.

Last edited:
I wonder if the guys still working at Bioware will play this and go "if only we were still able to make real games...". Perhaps they'd learn a thing or two in the process, but I'm not gonna hold my breathe that EA will allow anything that isn't a thinly veiled microtransaction/gambling-slot machine to be produced. I feel like for all the flaws that Spiders games have had, they're worth rooting for because Bioware as we knew them is dead. Spiders has grown and evolved (tho I'll admit I loved their earlier efforts too, despite jank and budget limitations) . I'll def be picking this up soon. Let's hope they can become another CDPR over time. It feels like they're on track.

dorkimoe

Can you skip dialogue in this game? I am horrible human and only want to play for the gameplay and dont care about any story.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Can you skip dialogue in this game? I am horrible human and only want to play for the gameplay and dont care about any story.

You're missing out. The story is gameplay in this game. One of the few games in history where I actually care to listen to what people have to say. Quests involving nothing but talk are some of the best in the game so far.

dorkimoe

You're missing out. The story is gameplay in this game. One of the few games in history where I actually care to listen to what people have to say. Quests involving nothing but talk are some of the best in the game so far.
I dont doubt that. I just have a bad attention span, and I always just play games to run around and complete missions and quests, never care what the story is. I know, I am the worst.

vkbest

I dont doubt that. I just have a bad attention span, and I always just play games to run around and complete missions and quests, never care what the story is. I know, I am the worst.
Don’t buy this game then. Gameplay is the worst part from this game

Lanrutcon

Performance tip: borderless full screen runs slower than fullscreen mode for me.

Game tip: if you're going firearms get Science 1, and get some armor that you can upgrade with tools to get another Science point. Science 2 lets you craft ammunition. With enough bullets and a dueling pistol you can fuck up anything. Killed the optional boss at the river with some clever dodging and a lot of gunfire.

RPGCrazied

From the videos I've seen it looks like it plays fine on PS4 Pro, even has 4k support with HDR.

I jumped in. Will play tomorrow. I miss games like this like the ones from Bioware that we ain't getting anymore.

Ivory Blood

Plays RPG. Wants to skip everything that makes up a huge part of an rpg. What's wrong with you?
giphy.gif

Kacho

Lots of things. But I’ve never cared for story in games. Just like playing

I'm the same way. Give me gameplay, mechanics and stats over story and characters. If given the option I mash the A button through all dialogue.

It's why I couldn't get into the Witcher 3. Didn't care about the story and the gameplay wasn't satisfying.

Top Bottom