• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greedfall - Everything we know 2019 update

Mista

Banned
yeah but you know, with this euro-jank games, trailer can be deceptive even more than usual.
i want to know your personal opinion.
Agreed. Will post my opinion when the game releases and I’ll make sure to mention you

sublimit

Banned
That official launch trailer looks amazing. I really want to get it day 1 but i have so many unfinished games and Code Vein is just around the corner.

I will definitely get it later this year though since i have no other new games that i want to buy until the end of the year.

Reactions: Isa
ACG was allowed to give initial impressions on his International Podcast before the review embargo lifts.

Apparently it is Spiders' most polished game yet. And what "jank" there is is more like budget limitations, ie a low quality texture or something.
Listening to what he said about how the armour system works and quest design it actually sounds very good. I'm still going to wait for his review though.

Last edited:

Unity2012

Every streamer, previews and Karak's impressions (Love ACG honesty) points to a good experience and a definite step up from Spiders games.

Karak

I'm still going to wait for his review though.
THis is best
ACG was allowed to give initial impressions on his International Podcast before the review embargo lifts.

Apparently it is Spiders' most polished game yet. And what "jank" there is is more like budget limitations, ie a low quality texture or something.
Listening to what he said about how the armour system works and quest design it actually sounds very good. I'm still going to wait for his review though.

Ya I think that is wise to wait. Not any reflection on this game but as I said I wasn't all the way through or near the end and for me impressions at a time can be both more negative and more positive once you have conceptually seen more.
Its one of the reasons why I try to beat or get to the end of as many games as possible when reviewing them. Because the curve of continued discovery versus continued problems is one of the cornerstones for me when it comes to a review score.
I see so many reviews, steam reviews, youtube, where its like 5 hours into this 30 hour game here is my review...uhg

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Its one of the reasons why I try to beat or get to the end of as many games as possible when reviewing them.

I like you Karak and your reviews but reading the above, I have a question. Has there been any games this generation (PS4/Xbox One/Switch) that you reviewed but didn't complete at least the story campaign? Thanks.

Ichabod

Banned
I have no business buying this right now (my poor backlog) but for some reason its calling my name. If it reviews well I might just have to pull the trigger anyway.

Karak

I like you Karak and your reviews but reading the above, I have a question. Has there been any games this generation (PS4/Xbox One/Switch) that you reviewed but didn't complete at least the story campaign? Thanks.
Oh for sure thats 4-5 years of games so for sure. I just note it in the review or in the description or comments. I wont review it most of the time though unless for some reason I know its at the end of the design curve. Its very very rare as almost everyone lies on how long a game is. Or I just crunch it since I do 24 hour streams sometimes or just 19 hours of a game in one sitting most of the time code allotment or streetbroken copies are more than early enough for me since I have no problem doing insanely long game sessions.
LIE might be a strong word. Embellish is probably better.

That official launch trailer looks amazing. I really want to get it day 1 but i have so many unfinished games and Code Vein is just around the corner.

I will definitely get it later this year though since i have no other new games that i want to buy until the end of the year.
Its crazy and only going to get crazier this year. But I am like you. There are only a select few I am REALLY wanting to check out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Oh for sure thats 4-5 years of games so for sure. I just note it in the review or in the description or comments. I wont review it most of the time though unless for some reason I know its at the end of the design curve. Its very very rare as almost everyone lies on how long a game is. Or I just crunch it since I do 24 hour streams sometimes or just 19 hours of a game in one sitting most of the time code allotment or streetbroken copies are more than early enough for me since I have no problem doing insanely long game sessions. LIE might be a strong word. Embellish is probably better.

I have been watching your reviews for years literally and don't remember ever hearing you say (or post) that you didn't complete the game that you're reviewing. Can you please post two or three of the most recent games that you reviewed but didn't complete? Thanks.

As for GreedFall, I already pre-ordered the game and will start it Wednesday since im off from work but have you completed the story or will do so before your review?

Raven117

I have no business buying this right now (my poor backlog) but for some reason its calling my name. If it reviews well I might just have to pull the trigger anyway.
Same. There is something about this one that just looks too interesting to pass up.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
For those who are thinking about buying the game, Best Buy in the U.S. has a $10 electronic gift card attached to the game if you pre-order it. You'll receive the gift card within 14 days after you pickup/receive the game so that kind of cuts down the price to $40. If you have GCU or know someone that does (like I do), you can essentially get the game for $30.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I'm very interested, but waiting to see how buggy or how bad performance is. No reason to pre-order.

HeresJohnny

I laughed when I heard it. It's a bad name generator name. Doesn't bode well for the writing in the game, but from what I have seen, the gameplay and mechanics are definitely something I will like.

Yeah it’s back on my radar after hearing a little more about it. Here’s hoping it’s good.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I remember Bound By Flame and thought it was a very... poor/mediocre title? I couldn't tell you the story or the characters as they were forgettable and the balancing was just non-existent. Every move and attack felt like a sloppy wet noodle hitting a tank.

I can 't say I have much hope for Greedfall, but it definitely looks like it is their best game graphically.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow this comes out on 9/10 huh.
Holy shit is Nintendo going to release a game on 9/11?

Why wouldn't they? 9/11 is just another day, even for the majority of Americans.

Yeah, never got people who are like "You can't do anything on 9/11!" or criticise companies who release products on that day. Sure, an earth shattering terrorist attack took place on that day, but it's just another day like any other, especially to people outside of the US. Business as usual.

Last edited:

Siri

Banned

I feel the same. My backlog has become shameful. Yet buying games day one has become a part of my hobby. Money isn’t an issue for me anymore - time is. I’m constantly searching for a new game that will blow me away. If I can find that one game, then, for me, it’s easily worth buying a dozen others.

down 2 orth

Looks good but I'll wait for reviews before I decide. An over 80 meta would make it a must-play, or if it's a good game getting poo-pooed by shill reviewers in the same vein as Mad Max and the Surge.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I didn't know you are ACG! I've seen a lot of your videos.

Rated it a Buy

Why does it feel like you were going with a wait for a sale instead of a buy? The locations themselves even in your video do not look good at all, generic town and boring looking forest area are all I saw in everyone's videos so no variety in level design? and the issue with enemy variety as well is kinda killing the mood for me.

Karak

I feel like I can breath a sigh of relief cause I can finally talk about this game

Why does it feel like you were going with a wait for a sale instead of a buy? The locations themselves even in your video do not look good at all, generic town and boring looking forest area are all I saw in everyone's videos so no variety in level design? and the issue with enemy variety as well is kinda killing the mood for me.
Not sure. Seems like those issues might bother you more than me.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Lanrutcon

Guys. Guys.

Game is fucking pretty and super fun. HOWEVER. Heed my words: play on Hard. Disable Ultra textures. Turn down the camera sensitivity. Give the game until you start exploring the wilderness (about an hour in) before you judge the exploration elements.

Can't wait to play more tomorrow. I've got a trenchcoat, a rifle and a new world to explore.

Pantz

Bought on Xbox One X and like the others with the issue, it crashes my Xbox when trying to start the game. They are looking into it already and you can apparently fix it by turning off 4K and going offline. Kinda sucks... I'll just wait for a patch to pay rather than bothering with those settings. Got other stuff to play anyway.

manfestival

Guys. Guys.

Game is fucking pretty and super fun. HOWEVER. Heed my words: play on Hard. Disable Ultra textures. Turn down the camera sensitivity. Give the game until you start exploring the wilderness (about an hour in) before you judge the exploration elements.

Can't wait to play more tomorrow. I've got a trenchcoat, a rifle and a new world to explore.
Why would I disable ultra textures?

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member

Bought on Xbox One X and like the others with the issue, it crashes my Xbox when trying to start the game. They are looking into it already and you can apparently fix it by turning off 4K and going offline. Kinda sucks... I'll just wait for a patch to pay rather than bothering with those settings. Got other stuff to play anyway.
I really wanted to play this on my one X. Now I’m wondering if I should go pc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom