• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greedfall - Everything we know 2019 update

cormack12

Gold Member

From the same studio that gave us Bound by Flame - while it never really lived up to its billing, hopefully the studio learned a lot from it

Bound by Flame was......not good. I wanted to like it, I was starved for a PS4 soulslike at that point in the console's life, but it was pretty terrible. Even Lords of the Fallen was a better option than Bound by Flame.
That being said, this looks more like a DA: Inquisition style set up, a game I did enjoy despite its flaws.

Bullet Club

GreedFall’s E3 Story Trailer is here: forge your destiny in a mysterious new world

GreedFall, the latest RPG from Spiders, invites you to explore the magical island of Teer Fradee in its E3 Story Trailer. Emphasizing freedom and player choice, forge your own destiny when GreedFall releases in September 2019 on PlayStation 4.

Today’s trailer dives into GreedFall’s epic story and setting, as settlers, mercenaries and treasure hunters depart the old continent to converge on a remote island seeping with magic – rumored to be filled with riches and lost secrets. On the hunt for a cure to save your home continent from a devastating disease, you find yourself in the middle of ever-increasing tensions between the invading settlers and the local natives protected by supernatural Guardians, manifestation of the island’s magic.

You can progress and succeed in quests through a multitude of paths. Whether utilizing combat, diplomacy or deception, the way you reach your objectives depends on your choices and how you choose to develop your character. The island of GreedFall is a living, ever-evolving world. Your actions, from seemingly trivial choices to the most important political decisions, will influence its course and, ultimately, shape your story.

pr0cs

No sure I could deal with the endless "raaa urg ra raaah urg huh raaah urg ra rah"

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

Looks good, but I bought Bound by Flame which fills me with a little trepidation.
A better indication of quality would be Technomancer. Still, Greedfall looks like AA Witcher title, and Spiders Games have been imroving with each new game release, so this one should be their best yet. They certainly have more of a budget than for Bound by flame.

Fbh

That gameplay looks stellar.

Looks great!!
Combat looks fun and even visually it's definitely a notorious step up from their previous games.
Given their history I'll still wait for reviews, but this is shaping up to be one of the sleeper hits of this year

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

vkbest

GreedFall’s E3 Story Trailer is here: forge your destiny in a mysterious new world

GreedFall, the latest RPG from Spiders, invites you to explore the magical island of Teer Fradee in its E3 Story Trailer. Emphasizing freedom and player choice, forge your own destiny when GreedFall releases in September 2019 on PlayStation 4.

Today’s trailer dives into GreedFall’s epic story and setting, as settlers, mercenaries and treasure hunters depart the old continent to converge on a remote island seeping with magic – rumored to be filled with riches and lost secrets. On the hunt for a cure to save your home continent from a devastating disease, you find yourself in the middle of ever-increasing tensions between the invading settlers and the local natives protected by supernatural Guardians, manifestation of the island’s magic.

You can progress and succeed in quests through a multitude of paths. Whether utilizing combat, diplomacy or deception, the way you reach your objectives depends on your choices and how you choose to develop your character. The island of GreedFall is a living, ever-evolving world. Your actions, from seemingly trivial choices to the most important political decisions, will influence its course and, ultimately, shape your story.

This look like false advertising, is running to 60fps (unlocked really), when a focus guy said on this forum the game is locked to 30fps on consoles

I remember this happened too with darksiders 3, the trailer on Sony YouTube was a ultra 60 FPS pc footage.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Saw the gameplay trailer a couple of days ago and it immediately caught my interest. It´s mostly the setting that does it, it looks beautiful with lots of great exploration, but the game looks like a sort of Dragon´s Dogma - The Witcher hybrid which on paper should be a good thing. Then we get guns, magic and big two handed swords and maces, so what can go wrong? Will still hold off for some reviews, Spiders previous games have been a real turn off so I´m hesitant to buy it day 1. But it looks really good. Could be this years big sleeper hit.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Been following the game since it's reveal cinematic trailer and after that overview trailer, im very hyped!!! Greedfall looks to be the AA version of The Witcher III and is my most anticipated title for the rest of 2019. Love all the different gameplay and combat elements in the game. Looking forward to the game and hoping that it's good.

IaN_GAF

Though the name is rather dumb, I must say that the trailer does have me interested. Keeping an eye on this one.

Isa

I'm there day 1. I'm very interested to see how much they've improved since their last effort. I'm also thrilled to be able to make my own character.

Fbh

This look like false advertising, is running to 60fps (unlocked really), when a focus guy said on this forum the game is locked to 30fps on consoles

I remember this happened too with darksiders 3, the trailer on Sony YouTube was a ultra 60 FPS pc footage.

The video doesn't even have a 60fps option so I don't know why you are saying it's running at 60fps.
Also, as far as I know it's pretty much the norm that there's only one version of every trailer (specially cinematic ones). I don't think any dev/publisher goes out of their way to record the same cutscenes on every single platform to release multiple version of the same trailer, you always just assume they are using the best looking one (so PC, if that's an option)

I'd be more excited if I wasn't already familiar with the dev's history of janky games.

I'll give them a chance, maybe this will be their first really great game.
As far as I know the technomancer, while not great, is still generally considered to be better than Bound by Flame, so they at least seem to be getting slightly better

Neolombax

My interest quickly waned after discovering via this thread, that Greedfall is from the same developer as Bound by Flame. I dont dread their games, I just think their games are really average but has always had potential to be something more but just cant get there. Greedfall looks like a definite improvement though? I'd probably wait for a heavy discount.

Tbone3336

Gold Member
New Video outlining the Companions that are in the game -

(Was taken down. Possibly uploaded to soon)

Last edited:

vkbest

The video doesn't even have a 60fps option so I don't know why you are saying it's running at 60fps.
Also, as far as I know it's pretty much the norm that there's only one version of every trailer (specially cinematic ones). I don't think any dev/publisher goes out of their way to record the same cutscenes on every single platform to release multiple version of the same trailer, you always just assume they are using the best looking one (so PC, if that's an option)

I'll give them a chance, maybe this will be their first really great game.
As far as I know the technomancer, while not great, is still generally considered to be better than Bound by Flame, so they at least seem to be getting slightly better

You are right this video is 30fps, but there are a combat video on PlayStation channel running to 60fps, I though you posted that video

Reactions: Fbh

Fbh

You are right this video is 30fps, but there are a combat video on PlayStation channel running to 60fps, I though you posted that video

That one is definitely more fishy and I agree they shouldn't have published it (or simply done so in 30fps) if the game is indeed going to be locked to 30fps. They got the Playstation button prompts and everything so they can't really say they were showing an unspecified version of the game.

They are saying the Pro version will be 4K though so maybe it would be a nice surprise if at least the pro had a 1080p/60fps option

Still looking forward to it though

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
So there's no set date on this yet?

Focus Home has been on point between this, A Plague Tale Innocence and Vampyr

Focus Home Interactive has been a surprise for me as I played and completed Vampyr a few weeks ago and it was a great 8.5/10 game for me. Was very impressed with the game and better than I thought it was going to be. Hoping they make a sequel. Finished Plague Tale last week and holy shit, an excellent 9.0/10 game and im NOT even a fan of these slow paced games but wow, from top to bottom, an excellent game.

If GreedFall can just get to that 8.0/10 mark for me, I'll be very happy compared to their previous two games which I played and quit after a few hours. A few more weeks to go and we'll find out!!!

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
DwET3k4.jpg

CancerEra is offended, so it sounds like a day one game for me.

Looks great as well, glad I saw about it recently.

GymWolf

Ugh almost 2020 and games still have enemies that fall down with the same dead animation without ragdoll or any physics...

Leaving that aside, the game looks at least competent and i don't mind some euro jank.

Top Bottom