• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Probably Out Dec 11th On PSN

Maybe Rockstar's not so stupid after all. They know it's the best GTA.

They still should have made a HD collection though.

It's ridiculous how much money they could have printed with an HD collection.

Though, I have no knowledge of how much they would have to spend to achieve such a thing, so... maybe that's why they never did.

How does it look?

As I said last page GTA III looked terrible.

Though, I have no knowledge of how much they would have to spend to achieve such a thing, so... maybe that's why they never did.
They'd probably have to renew the licensing with all of the music.

Derrick01

Banned

Actual games shouldn't be that expensive to slap some basic HD stuff on but they might have problems with the music and licenses. Music companies are really bitchy about contracts and all that stuff. See: Vice City getting yanked off of steam just because of Sony complaining about 1 song.

They can still make lots of money releasing these old ISOs or barely touched up versions on iOS/PSN/XBL/Android. Once that cow is dry they will do an HD remake, though I kinda expect premium remake, i.e. each GTA being full on remade and being charged $30-40 for it like Halo. I don't see them putting that much effort into a GTA Portable HD which would probably be all 3 games in HD with trophies/achievements.

If that was the case, how do they justify selling 3 and SA on Steam? I mean, Vice City got taken down because of licensing, so there's clearly some deals in place.
Because it's the same game, just sold on a different medium (digital instead of physical).

If they made an HD version it's probably from a legal standpoint, a new game.

Just my guess.

They can still make lots of money releasing these old ISOs or barely touched up versions on iOS/PSN/XBL/Android. Once that cow is dry they will do an HD remake, though I kinda expect premium remake, i.e. each GTA being full on remade and being charged $30-40 for it like Halo. I don't see them putting that much effort into a GTA Portable HD which would probably be all 3 games in HD with trophies/achievements.

Think they are busying making new games.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Because it's the same game, just sold on a different medium (digital instead of physical).

If they made an HD version it's probably from a legal standpoint, a new game.

Just my guess.

Mac version was released as recently as 2010, so that would count as a new game.

Been playing this for the past 2 hours or so, and I love it. I ditched the PC version when planes came into the picture, completely unplayable with a keyboard. I've never played the console version of this game before, so using the face buttons to drive is taking me some time getting used to.

Can anybody that has it describe how it looks? Is it playable in terms of being able to see the minimap?

It looks... like a ps2 classic being played on an HD tv. So yeah, rough. But given there's a widescreen mode available, that offsets things a little bit.

I'd forgotten how quickly SA gets interesting compared to GTAIV. In my minds eye, the games really wacky, awesome missions are super late game, but even the super early missions have you doing far cooler stuff than anything that goes on in the entirely of vanilla GTAIV (which I still enjoy btw).

I understand peoples complaints about the price point - its def too bad this isnt an HD re release, weird pass up by rock star. I couldn't give less of a toss about trophies.

All in all, just good to be back in San Andreas. And playing the best of the series.

pixelbox

It looks... like a ps2 classic being played on an HD tv. So yeah, rough. But given there's a widescreen mode available, that offsets things a little bit.

I'd forgotten how quickly SA gets interesting compared to GTAIV. In my minds eye, the games really wacky, awesome missions are super late game, but even the super early missions have you doing far cooler stuff than anything that goes on in the entirely of vanilla GTAIV (which I still enjoy btw).

I understand peoples complaints about the price point - its def too bad this isnt an HD re release, weird pass up by rock star. I couldn't give less of a toss about trophies.

All in all, just good to be back in San Andreas. And playing the best of the series.
I was so hard on this game when it came ou. Bought it Tuesday and its so much better than all of the other GTAs. Better mission structures, better living breathing world, and it seemingly runs better Frame-wise.

Top Bottom