• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 6 has been rated MA15+ on the Australian Classification board

NeoGiffer

Just MA15+?

Woke theft auto incoming.
Forget woke, can a game made in the US have attractive women in it again? I hope that Latina lady from the leak didn't lose any thickness.

zqcD96P.gif

Perrott

Gold Member
100% chance this is releasing in 2024 now.
Yep, and I might even add that there are also slight chances of it getting announced imminently with a release date for Spring (not during the current FY tho).

The fact that T2 started submiting the game for rating half a year ago means that it's been in beta phase (content complete) since then. Give it a full year of polishing like it's usually the case for these big games (FFXVI for instance) and it should be ready for April/May at the earliest or in the Fall as the worst case scenario.

Can't fucking wait to see the graphics.

Perrott

Gold Member
As a few posts above have pointed out, pretty much every GTA game has had that rating in Australia, even Read Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3 had that rating. And it's funny that GTA V has a +18 rating when I've seen people saying Rockstar got tame in that game lol
Well, GTA V had an interactive torture scene, so that must have been the reason for it.

NickFire

As a few posts above have pointed out, pretty much every GTA game has had that rating in Australia, even Read Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3 had that rating. And it's funny that GTA V has a +18 rating when I've seen people saying Rockstar got tame in that game lol
If it's real, which I doubt, a 15+ would be concerning regardless of what they rated prior entries. Standards for ratings have not exactly been static. These days you see warnings for people smoking of all things.

Kikorin

GTA III had "gore" (bodies can be dismembered), Vice City had just the head explosion if I remember well. GTA IV had no gore, but the best feelings thanks to the euphoria engine at full power. GTA V is good with bullets wounds and blood. I don't think a gore like Red Dead Redemption 2 would fit well with the GTA series tho, so if is like the ones before I'm fine.

Justin9mm

I mean, it's the Australian version, which means they had to cut a lot of the fun shit out of it.

Sorry Australia.
We have an R18+ rating now. It was introduced years ago. Before that, we spent years and years campaigning for it. If a game was deemed higher than MA then yeah the dev was required to cut it. Now anything goes except drug use can't be an actual game mechanic to enhance the player or at least be the main part of the game and I think sexual abuse(rape) is not allowed. That's about it.

Every time I see the word ‘woke’ it just makes me think of a chicken clucking.

chicken-chicken-bro.gif

By the way, if you want to see a thread get ruined almost instantly, just have posters use it as an annoying shadow boxing match between the woke vs the unwoke. This shit is a mind virus at this point.

On topic: I hope to see a game awards trailer because this has been long overdue.

Eotheod

I'm confused about how Australia decides which games to ban. Why was South Park banned, but not GTA 4 or 5?
Because Australia was/is super conservative with video game ratings. There was a time where we didn't even have an R rating for games, and there was one crusty white dude in Western Australia thdt was preventing the rating because he thought it would be the end of the world. Thankfully the cunt left and they instituted an R rating.

Not like anyone adheres to them anyway, literally have 8 year olds here in town playing GTA V or watching R rates fucking movies because parents don't give a shit. The biggest problem with the rating system, it's solely parent dependent and even if a kid does watch it, there is nothing anyone can do.

I know people are all "less government in my home thanks!" but kids that age should not be exposed to such content, plain and simple. Their brains are in no way functional enough to distinguish the content they are being exposed to.
Every time I see the word ‘woke’ it just makes me think of a chicken clucking.

chicken-chicken-bro.gif

By the way, if you want to see a thread get ruined almost instantly, just have posters use it as an annoying shadow boxing match between the woke vs the unwoke. This shit is a mind virus at this point.

On topic: I hope to see a game awards trailer because this has been long overdue.
Yes, I agree 100% with you. It's a fucking stupid wrestling match of who can show how much more inept they are at thinking imaginatively and critically.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

Does Australia's age rating stop at 15 or is this fake?
Our ratings are G, PG, M, MA15+ and R18+

The fact that this is not rated R18+ means the game is probably not as controversial as previous GTAs and probably going to be a little woke. Otherwise it would have been rated R18+. Looks like GTA is done!

There is no chance in hell that this game will have anything other than what is considered "acceptably edgy" in modern times.

It will be an amusing meta-commentary about what it means to be neutered, and why that's something you can't talk about.

skit_data

Well, it's a sign of it releasing in the not too distant future alright.

Menawhile I'm here slowly making my way through the GTAV for the first time ever

DrFigs

The fact that this is not rated R18+ means the game is probably not as controversial as previous GTAs and probably going to be a little woke. Otherwise it would have been rated R18+. Looks like GTA is done!
15+ is a higher rating than Mature? You guys really are all topsy-turvy.

Justin9mm

15+ is a higher rating than Mature? You guys really are all topsy-turvy.

G- General Exhibition
PG - Parental Guidance 'recommended'
M - Is 'recommend' for Mature Audiences (there is no restriction for 15 years and over.)
MA15+ - Is restricted to 15 years and over.
R18+ - Is restricted to 18 years and over

Jakk

For the 3rd or 4th time in this thread, every GTA except for V and III is rated MA15+ in Australia. Both RDR1 annd RDR2 are MA15+. I will never understand how are there so many people who won't spend even one minute doing a little bit of research before jumping to conclusions. And this rating for GTA VI is probably fake anyway.

K2D

Banned
This is either fake, or Australia is getting a sensored version. No way gta is getting anything lower than 17+/mature/18.

(AO rating is also out of the question obviously)

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It's a placeholder from April FFS.

Justin9mm

For the 3rd or 4th time in this thread, every GTA except for V and III is rated MA15+ in Australia. Both RDR1 annd RDR2 are MA15+. I will never understand how are there so many people who won't spend even one minute doing a little bit of research before jumping to conclusions. And this rating for GTA VI is probably fake anyway.
GTAV is the last one which as you know is R18+ why would we not compare to the last one? What's your point mate? Little bit of research on what? Who gives a fuck about RDR and older GTA's. We talking GTA V to GTA VI

Last edited:
Top Bottom