• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 - Tracks

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
What the hell??? Is not this some LoD loading bug?
Nope its on all the cars, they are all lower lod during gameplay and this is during time trail with only 1 car on the track. You can try it yourself if you don't believe me, i have over 100 comparison pictures with different cars where you can see the lower lod.

Except for a better AA and/or AT ... it´s the same car = +1% cleaner image.
1EDmldX.jpg
YjwwtE3.jpg

dXxJj7c.png
38bRlUH.png
ZbpEEl0.png

XFLLKtp.jpg
gIqP57j.jpg
BM4uxov.jpg
OOU55Rv.jpg
Gr0Rb3G.jpg
u1otH50.jpg
ncNWaTC.jpg
You need to go to a eye doctor if you cannot see the difference between those car models in game and photomode from the pictures i posted and you still compare car models from garage mode and promotion material where they use a higher lod. And that comparison was against Forza Motorsport 6 in those cockpit shots lol. And why do you even post comparison of FM7 vs GTS 'beta with those ultra compressed low res screenshots? im talking about the car models and you start trowing some random comparison with Forza from a compressed youtube video. I played both games over 100H so i now how they look but you clearly didn't play them both. Your post history tell me that really wanna start console wars. If you wanna do a comparison come to the next gen racing thread and i wil gladly show you the difference between those 2.

Yes, is a lod bug that affect a little number of cars, his cherry picking is very sad. Digital foundry are not stupid
How am i cherry picking when literally all the cars have lower lod during gameplay, do you guys even play the game. And do you think that DF doesn't make mistake in there video's? They even compared the environments in photomode where it gets enhanced and you talk like its bug that cars and environments are lower quality in game.

look at the car model and look at the grass on the left and detail in the distance
gameplay
49441699641_3ed89431b1_o.png

photomode
49441228548_86c48a6d67_o.png

gameplay
49504187856_ccf427ae3b_o.png

photomode
49504188701_8d1bf915e4_o.png

Gingen

Banned
Nope its on all the cars, they are all lower lod during gameplay and this is during time trail with only 1 car on the track. You can try it yourself if you don't believe me, i have over 100 comparison pictures with different cars where you can see the lower lod.

You need to go to a eye doctor if you cannot see the difference between those car models in game and photomode from the pictures i posted and you still compare car models from garage mode and promotion material where they use a higher lod. And that comparison was against Forza Motorsport 6 in those cockpit shots lol. And why do you even post comparison of FM7 vs GTS 'beta with those ultra compressed low res screenshots? im talking about the car models and you start trowing some random comparison with Forza from a compressed youtube video. I played both games over 100H so i now how they look but you clearly didn't play them both. Your post history tell me that really wanna start console wars. If you wanna do a comparison come to the next gen racing thread and i wil gladly show you the difference between those 2.

How am i cherry picking when literally all the cars have lower lod during gameplay, do you guys even play the game. And do you think that DF doesn't make mistake in there video's? They even compared the environments in photomode where it gets enhanced and you talk like its bug that cars and environments are lower quality in game.

look at the car model and look at the grass on the left and detail in the distance
gameplay
49441699641_3ed89431b1_o.png

photomode
49441228548_86c48a6d67_o.png

gameplay
49504187856_ccf427ae3b_o.png

photomode
49504188701_8d1bf915e4_o.png
If you have really played GTS for more than 100h you know that cars like the Toyota FT1, the new fiat 500, and some others are affected by some kind of lod bug and are an exeption

In any case Kaz said that on GT7 we will have cutting edge PS5 quality models... so the problem dosn't sussist

screenshot.9cikd2.png

Last edited:

Turk1993

If you have really played GTS for more than 100h you know that cars like the Toyota FT1, the new fiat 500, and some others are affected by some kind of lod bug and are an exeption

In any case Kaz said that on GT7 we will have cutting edge PS5 quality models... so the problem dosn't sussist

screenshot.9cikd2.png
Look i am a playstation & PC gamer so i want them to push the visuals as high as possible. I like GT, you can see my post history where i even defended the reveal gameplay and other trailers in here from the start where people where not impressed. But them showing little snippets of gameplay from new build doesn't help me to think that the gameplay will not look that much different. And i hope they improve those car models because it not a bug its on all cars, some of them are worse than other but they all have lower lod than photomode or scape models.

l2ounD

like a broken record :messenger_tears_of_joy:

but I wonder how many of these lil snippets they have left, I want the usual PD trailers.

Corndog

Banned

screenshot.9cikd2.png
You really trust or from any developer?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Bruh are you joking or what? You are showing literally replays again which has nothing to do with gameplay. And the car models are not the same as photomode models in GTS, i have over 130H in GTS and you can go look in next gen racing graphics thread where its exposed 1000 times that GTS car models are lower quality in game than photomode. That DF video is flawed as hell, here have a look

photomode
YWsKb0B.png

gameplay
K4S3MZH.png

photomode
6jFuhyz.png

gameplay
aA64LS2.png

photomode
nMWg6Vj.png

gameplay
j4fsIGG.png

Do you still think they are the same?

litlle edit:
funny right?
Do you guys laughing at the lower quality models or DF mistakes in that video :)
wHvfiz2.png

Except for a better AA and/or AT ... it´s the same car = +1% cleaner image.
1EDmldX.jpg
YjwwtE3.jpg

dXxJj7c.png
38bRlUH.png
ZbpEEl0.png

XFLLKtp.jpg
gIqP57j.jpg
BM4uxov.jpg
OOU55Rv.jpg
Gr0Rb3G.jpg
u1otH50.jpg
ncNWaTC.jpg

You are both retarded fanboys who are arguing over the most minute of pixel differences. Both game franchises look beautiful and play well. That is all that matters. Take your limp dick console warring elsewhere.

Turk1993

You are both retarded fanboys who are arguing over the most minute of pixel differences. Both game franchises look beautiful and play well. That is all that matters. Take your limp dick console warring elsewhere.
i didn't say that GT didn't look good or played bad. I praised the game multiple times and defended from the beginning after the unveil trailer. I played more GT than many of those guys who are arguing with me. All i asked was more raw gameplay footage instead of snippets like they do now. And they made a comment about the car models and i just showed them that it wasn't true what they where saying. And you are crazy if you think im console warring lol im am the one thats calling those out all the time. I play only on PS and PC, so why should i be console warring in a PS exclusive game if i don't even have a Xbox or switch? Do you really think i give a shit about those plastic boxes? I am here for the games the console warring bullshit can fuck off indead.

And here are my previous comments about GT7, do they look like console warring to you?
yI5jFlt.png

2nb3NN5.png

kr854ns.png

CqcXxU8.png

jJq4Mrh.png

3u6iYCN.png

They should NOT show this now

frankly it is just stupid to open up comparisons to probably the best racing game ever made (FH5, duh)

it looks so tired and sterile but mostly just.. boring

I am sorry but
One is filled with cringe dialogues, set pieces copied from Uncharted/GTA, Arcade handling, made to appease little kids.

Other is a professional realistic driving game made for mature audiences that teaches you how to drive. With the most detailed Cars from interior to exterior.

Melfice7

I am sorry but
One is filled with cringe dialogues, set pieces copied from Uncharted/GTA, Arcade handling, made to appease little kids.

Other is a professional realistic driving game made for mature audiences that teaches you how to drive. With the most detailed Cars from interior to exterior.

like any of that matters, its a fact of neogaf, any gran turismo thread will attract the crazies without fail

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Disappointed to see them use 2D trees in Nurburgring. I am pretty sure I spotted 3D trees in the reveal trailer last year.

MastaKiiLA

Disappointed to see them use 2D trees in Nurburgring. I am pretty sure I spotted 3D trees in the reveal trailer last year.
There are no 2D trees in any of the clips shown so far. I'd posit there haven't been 2D trees in a racing game since the PS3. Why do people keep repeating this lie?

sncvsrtoip

There are no 2D trees in any of the clips shown so far. I'd posit there haven't been 2D trees in a racing game since the PS3. Why do people keep repeating this lie?
its not a lie, gt sport use mixed of 3d trees and also 2d that rotating towards camera and unfortunetly still same situation with latest trailer on nordschleife and gt7

Turk1993

its not a lie, gt sport use mixed of 3d trees and also 2d that rotating towards camera and unfortunetly still same situation with latest trailer on nordschleife and gt7
Its not only GT, games like Forza Motorsport, PCARS, Assetto Corsa (not Compatzione) and almost all the sim games have 90% 2d trees. Only games like Forza Horizon and The Crew have 3d trees because they are open world. Some tracks like Trail Mountain have mixed 2d trees with some 3d trees which looked good tbh when i saw the gameplay footage.

rolandss

Turn 10 is american developer so no surprised those thing start creeping there

Polyphony is japanese and they dont care for nonsense stuff like that
I don’t think you can chose your driver gender in GT sport? I don’t think it’s even referenced. Does that mean…. It’s non binary?

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Have to say its not exciting me graphically but its hard to tell with compressed videos off YouTube. Am sure it will look great though

Top Bottom