• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 - Tracks

Skifi28

Nope, it says Cinematics and gameplay captured on ps5
I wonder if Kaz was also captured on the PS5.

Z6m7WpI.jpg

elliot5

Digital Fraudry:
GTSport | 3D crowd with some occasional 2D sprite
FM7 | 2D sprites with some occasional 3D model waving a hot dog

the guy you're replying to is smokin' crack for thinking the crowds were 2D, but...

what is the purpose of posting a bunch of FM7 and GT:S pics in this thread lol

scalman

yes its shame there is no demo or some trial version to try. i mean why not we got demos before.
or when they did GT 5 Prologue as separate . i didint cared i just took it and played tons of it . rly all i need is to try couple cars and couple tracks at least . why not ?
though i dont like how glued to road GTS cars are and how power just doesnt feel so much on some cars. we need in racing games that balance between being kinda realistic but fun as well.

Last edited:

Yoboman

yes its shame there is no demo or some trial version to try. i mean why not we got demos before.
or when they did GT 5 Prologue as separate . i didint cared i just took it and played tons of it . rly all i need is to try couple cars and couple tracks at least . why not ?
though i dont like how glued to road GTS cars are and how power just doesnt feel so much on some cars. we need in racing games that balance between being kinda realistic but fun as well.
I've always thought the prologues took some of the hype away from the final release personally

FrankWza

Lmfao. Worst day ever to do this.

Let's invite every comparison we can from the best racer ever made.

Probably not the reception they hoped for. 😅
They shouldn't, as they are 2 different beasts, but that hasn't stopped it previously.
These are more posts in 7 minutes than you could manage to will yourself to type out in that Non-binary thread. Now that it was closed you’re out in full force again.
Strange because you said only games that pander get considered for goty and now you got your wish. I thought you would have been more active there than here in a GT thread.

Show me gameplay! This guy is working really hard to make me buy a XSX to play Forza. The environment looks dated even in cinematic replay mod.
Have you seen the car details. They are way better than Forza from interiors to exteriors. The lighting looks better than Forza too as noted by Digital Foundry comparison video and environments are based off of real life tracks so in real life the race tracks are usually wide, so you are not really seeing the environments but it’s realistic though it’s is not a good showcase for graphical presentation.

supernova8

Banned
Show me gameplay! This guy is working really hard to make me buy a XSX to play Forza. The environment looks dated even in cinematic replay mod.

If you think this looks dated then so does Forza, really. Basically there are no truly "next-gen" racing games coming for quite a while.

It's a shame because just remember what Evolution managed to pull off with Driveclub right near the start of the PS4 launch. Fucking mental and way beyond anything from the previous gen.

Now we're getting GT7 and FH5 which basically look like uprezzed version of their predecessors with mildly better details. Also yeah the environments do look shit. Feels like we haven't had a "woah" moment since DC and, before that, maybe GT3/GT4.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Have you seen the car details. They are way better than Forza from interiors to exteriors. The lighting looks better than Forza too as noted by Digital Foundry comparison video and environments are based off of real life tracks so in real life the race tracks are usually wide, so you are not really seeing the environments but it’s realistic though it’s is not a good showcase for graphical presentation.
Not in gameplay, that comparison video was flawed since they compared car models and othere stuff in photomode. Car model lod changes drasticly in photomode in GTS compared to gameplay which is not happening in Forza Motorsport 7 since it uses the same model in game. And the environments in GT where always the weak points (they also look average in FM7). Look at games like ACC where the environment is fully detailed with high quality trees and textures.

If you think this looks dated then so does Forza, really. Basically there are no truly "next-gen" racing games coming for quite a while.

It's a shame because just remember what Evolution managed to pull off with Driveclub right near the start of the PS4 launch. Fucking mental and way beyond anything from the previous gen.

Now we're getting GT7 and FH5 which basically look like uprezzed version of their predecessors with mildly better details. Also yeah the environments do look shit. Feels like we haven't had a "woah" moment since DC and, before that, maybe GT3/GT4.
You need to play FH5 on pc if you think that its just a uprezzed version of 4 with mildy better details, it looks better in almost every way possible and looks better than anything out there. And from what we have seen till now, GT7 doesn't even come close to what FH5 is doing. GT7 will look great no doubt but it still lacks behind and them showing little snippets of gameplay footage from newer builds doesn't help them. They need to show proper gameplay with dynamic tod and weather on a fully loaded track so we can get a better look at the game. Showing 90% replay footage and scape footage is not a good thing since we don't know how much of that gonna be in gameplay.

Not in gameplay, that comparison video was flawed since they compared car models and othere stuff in photomode. Car model lod changes drasticly in photomode in GTS compared to gameplay which is not happening in Forza Motorsport 7 since it uses the same model in game. And the environments in GT where always the weak points (they also look average in FM7). Look at games like ACC where the environment is fully detailed with high quality trees and textures.

You need to play FH5 on pc if you think that its just a uprezzed version of 4 with mildy better details, it looks better in almost every way possible and looks better than anything out there. And from what we have seen till now, GT7 doesn't even come close to what FH5 is doing. GT7 will look great no doubt but it still lacks behind and them showing little snippets of gameplay footage from newer builds doesn't help them. They need to show proper gameplay with dynamic tod and weather on a fully loaded track so we can get a better look at the game. Showing 90% replay footage and scape footage is not a good thing since we don't know how much of that gonna be in gameplay.

Car models remains the exact same in gameplay and photo mode in GT Sport confirmed by Digital Foundry. It’s funny because it’s Forza that uses ray tracing only in photo mode. Besides the sheer polygon and triangles in cockpit view and exterior of the car can easily be compared in gameplay and they are far better in GT.

They already showed gameplay footage. GT is aiming for realistic tracks and once again in real life the race tracks and the roads are very wide so that there are no accidents, but translating it the the game and when in gameplay it doesn’t look aesthetically pleasing because you don’t see much of the environments besides the tarmac you are racing on. Again simulation, and being authentic.

Lighting is another thing DF mentioned that is better in GT. That being said you are comparing one game that’s 30 FPS while another is 60 FPS.

Here are some gameplay screenshots.
4cbyNom.jpg
ZADLOqB.jpg

Airbus Jr

Banned
Lmfao. Worst day ever to do this.

Let's invite every comparison we can from the best racer ever made.

Probably not the reception they hoped for. 😅
Xboxers bragging about forza in GT page?

In other news water is wet?

The best racer ever made hahaha...such a bold claim...i dont understand why you guys always act snobbish around about it...

FH5 and GT7 is totally different game, foolish comparison

Last edited:

Turk1993

Car models remains the exact same in gameplay and photo mode in GT Sport confirmed by Digital Foundry. It’s funny because it’s Forza that uses ray tracing only in photo mode. Besides the sheer polygon and triangles in cockpit view and exterior of the car can easily be compared in gameplay and they are far better in GT.

They already showed gameplay footage. GT is aiming for realistic tracks and once again in real life the race tracks and the roads are very wide so that there are no accidents, but translating it the the game and when in gameplay it doesn’t look aesthetically pleasing because you don’t see much of the environments besides the tarmac you are racing on. Again simulation, and being authentic.

Lighting is another thing DF mentioned that is better in GT. That being said you are comparing one game that’s 30 FPS while another is 60 FPS.

Here are some gameplay screenshots.
4cbyNom.jpg
ZADLOqB.jpg
Bruh are you joking or what? You are showing literally replays again which has nothing to do with gameplay. And the car models are not the same as photomode models in GTS, i have over 130H in GTS and you can go look in next gen racing graphics thread where its exposed 1000 times that GTS car models are lower quality in game than photomode. That DF video is flawed as hell, here have a look

photomode
YWsKb0B.png

gameplay
K4S3MZH.png

photomode
6jFuhyz.png

gameplay
aA64LS2.png

photomode
nMWg6Vj.png

gameplay
j4fsIGG.png

Do you still think they are the same?

litlle edit:
funny right?
Do you guys laughing at the lower quality models or DF mistakes in that video :)
wHvfiz2.png

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Bruh are you joking or what? You are showing literally replays again which has nothing to do with gameplay. And the car models are not the same as photomode models in GTS, i have over 130H in GTS and you can go look in next gen racing graphics thread where its exposed 1000 times that GTS car models are lower quality in game than photomode. That DF video is flawed as hell, here have a look

photomode
YWsKb0B.png

gameplay
K4S3MZH.png

photomode
6jFuhyz.png

gameplay
aA64LS2.png

photomode
nMWg6Vj.png

gameplay
j4fsIGG.png

litlle edit:
funny right?
Do you guys laughing at the lower quality models or DF mistakes in that video :)
wHvfiz2.png
tenor.gif

FrankWza

Xboxers bragging about forza in GT page?

In other news water is wet?

The best racer ever made hahaha...such a bold claim...i dont understand why you guys always act snobbish around about it...

FH5 and GT7 is totally different game, foolish comparison
I honestly don’t think a lot of them know the difference. It’s also pretty obvious since every wheel and pedal set is available. GT release most of that is out of stock or back ordered.

Unknown?

photomode
YWsKb0B.png

gameplay
K4S3MZH.png

photomode
6jFuhyz.png

gameplay
aA64LS2.png

photomode
nMWg6Vj.png

gameplay
j4fsIGG.png

litlle edit:
funny right?
wHvfiz2.png
I'd believe DF over some rando pictures someone conjured up on the internet.

Sony's handling of GT7 has been AWFUL. What you mentioned about the ganeplay snippets is so true. Hardly any real gameplay despite having a few trailers now. Wayy to many quick cuts to get any sense of how it will actually look.

Then the fact they marketed this as a ps5 exclusive for a year only to turn around and say nope it's cross gen. Gt7 is the best example of Sonys current arrogance and ability to lie. I say this as someone who owns a ps5 so don't call me an Xbox fanboy.

Turk1993

I'd believe DF over some rando pictures someone conjured up on the internet.
Go take the same image in game and see for yourself if you don't believe it. Those are all my images so not some random shit on internet.

skit_data

Sony's handling of GT7 has been AWFUL. What you mentioned about the ganeplay snippets is so true. Hardly any real gameplay despite having a few trailers now. Wayy to many quick cuts to get any sense of how it will actually look.

Then the fact they marketed this as a ps5 exclusive for a year only to turn around and say nope it's cross gen. Gt7 is the best example of Sonys current arrogance and ability to lie. I say this as someone who owns a ps5 so don't call me an Xbox fanboy.
There were some rumors on GT7 actually shifting from being PS5 exclusive to being for both PS4 and PS5 later in development. I don’t know if I actually believe it but there’s that.

Edit:

Last edited:

Hunnybun

I've really yet to see anything from this game that looks like a visual improvement over Sport. It's pretty depressing.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life

photomode
YWsKb0B.png

gameplay
K4S3MZH.png

photomode
6jFuhyz.png

gameplay
aA64LS2.png

photomode
nMWg6Vj.png

gameplay
j4fsIGG.png

litlle edit:
funny right?
wHvfiz2.png
What the hell??? Is not this some LoD loading bug?

Great Hair

Banned
Do you still think they are the same? Bruh are you joking or what?
Except for a better AA and/or AT ... it´s the same car = +1% cleaner image.
1EDmldX.jpg
YjwwtE3.jpg

You are both retarded fanboys who are arguing over the most minute of pixel differences. Both game franchises look beautiful and play well. That is all that matters. Take your limp dick console warring elsewhere.
Nope its on all the cars, they are all lower lod during gameplay and this is during time trail with only 1 car on the track. You can try it yourself if you don't believe me, i have over 100 comparison pictures with different cars where you can see the lower lod.

You need to go to a eye doctor if you cannot see the difference between those car models in game and photomode from the pictures i posted and you still compare car models from garage mode and promotion material where they use a higher lod. And that comparison was against Forza Motorsport 6 in those cockpit shots lol. And why do you even post comparison of FM7 vs GTS 'beta with those ultra compressed low res screenshots? im talking about the car models and you start trowing some random comparison with Forza from a compressed youtube video. I played both games over 100H so i now how they look but you clearly didn't play them both. Your post history tell me that really wanna start console wars. If you wanna do a comparison come to the next gen racing thread and i wil gladly show you the difference between those 2.

How am i cherry picking when literally all the cars have lower lod during gameplay, do you guys even play the game. And do you think that DF doesn't make mistake in there video's? They even compared the environments in photomode where it gets enhanced and you talk like its bug that cars and environments are lower quality in game.

look at the car model and look at the grass on the left and detail in the distance
gameplay
49441699641_3ed89431b1_o.png

photomode
49441228548_86c48a6d67_o.png

gameplay
49504187856_ccf427ae3b_o.png

photomode
49504188701_8d1bf915e4_o.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom