• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
52055503702_8d19503811_o.png

52057037435_af63d01d0b_o.png

Con-Z-epT

When i started to play the game i usually just painted my cars in one color since i didn't even knew how to apply premade liveries from others. Now i spend more time on this weekend in the livery editor than actually racing. :messenger_grinning_sweat: I also started to upload my own personal decals. And while i was doing that i saw that there is no GAF decal. Can you imagine this?! :messenger_grimmacing_

So to share my newly discovered love for liveries and decals with you i made a NeoGAF logo and uploaded it for public use. :messenger_heart:

It is not perfect but atleast we have one now. I might do more in the future. If you want to use it search for "gaf" or "believe".

52058723215_f2544fe569_b.jpg

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Anyone know if they are going to release a roadmap with what pieces of content they will drop, and when?

Or have they not done this in the past either (have not followed Sport, at all).

SLB1904

Banned
Anyone know if they are going to release a roadmap with what pieces of content they will drop, and when?

Or have they not done this in the past either (have not followed Sport, at all).
They don't release road map. Just monthly updates. The Toyota Cup is on the 6th of June, so expect an update soon

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Con-Z-epT

I tried to set up a custom race today when i realized that not all tracks can be driven with wet conditions. I looked it up and more than half of the tracks can't be driven in rain.

:messenger_grimmacing_

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I tried to set up a custom race today when i realized that not all tracks can be driven with wet conditions. I looked it up and more than half of the tracks can't be driven in rain.

:messenger_grimmacing_
I wonder if they will add that over time?

I assume tracks like Laguna Seca where it barely rains would not get an update.

The average monthly amount of precipitation has been recorded at around 7 mm, that's 0 inches. Throughout the month you can expect to see rain or drizzle falling on 3 days of the month.

SLB1904

Banned

I assume tracks like Laguna Seca where it barely rains would not get an update.

I believe spa didn't have dynamic. I might be wrong tho. But I think I read somewhere, I just didn't pay much attention to it

Con-Z-epT

They said somewhere that it needs to be realistic. So they didn't do it on tracks they had no data from. Implementation is also not just a button press. But i hope they consider it since it makes a huge difference.

SLB1904

Banned
They said somewhere that it needs to be realistic. So they didn't do it on tracks they had no data from. Implementation is also not just a button press. But i hope they consider it since it makes a huge difference.
Yeah I doubt we will get rain at laguna seca. I'm assuming by the name it never rains there lol

Con-Z-epT

Yeah I doubt we will get rain at laguna seca. I'm assuming by the name it never rains there lol
But on the other hand there are tracks on the european side where it would rain and it wasn't implemented. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Con-Z-epT

The legendary shop have some nice bangers.
I'm tempted to buy another supra just to add the esso ultron tiger livery
Since they started to repeat themself i wonder if we have seen all of them. Same for the used car dealership.

Outlier

I just started a race a custom single player race on Tsukuba and once the race started My PS5 lost connection to my wi-fi and the game kicked me back to the map menu. Then it reconnected... :messenger_neutral:

Why would ANYONE design a game in this way. Nothing I was doing had anything to do with online functions and they will halt ANY gameplay if your PS5 loses connection. My internet was fine. It was strictly the PS5.

The reason I'm posting this is because this took me right out of the game, when I was ready for fun. Not even GTSport did this (to me), when losing connection.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I just started a race a custom single player race on Tsukuba and once the race started My PS5 lost connection to my wi-fi and the game kicked me back to the map menu. Then it reconnected... :messenger_neutral:

Why would ANYONE design a game in this way. Nothing I was doing had anything to do with online functions and they will halt ANY gameplay if your PS5 loses connection. My internet was fine. It was strictly the PS5.

The reason I'm posting this is because this took me right out of the game, when I was ready for fun. Not even GTSport did this (to me), when losing connection.
You know what is odd, same thing happened to me last week (accidently reset my router connection for a short bit, I am wired though) and it didn't boot me at all. It stayed connected, I was in the hub, and everything worked fine.

I chalked it up as a one off thing though. Or maybe a wired vs wireless?

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
You know what is odd, same thing happened to me last week (accidently reset my router connection for a short bit, I am wired though) and it didn't boot me at all. It stayed connected, I was in the hub, and everything worked fine.

I chalked it up as a one off thing though. Or maybe a wired vs wireless?
Same thing I get brief disconnection message and I thought it was because it was brief

Con-Z-epT

I finally won the last endurance mission for "the human comedy". And that with practice and my evolved skills.

When i first played it i couldn't even get constantly below the 2:00 min mark. Today i nearly got a laptime of 1:55 and averaged about 1:57. Felt really good to see the evolution of myself.

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I finally won the last endurance mission for "the human comedy". And that with practice and my evolved skills.

When i first played it i couldn't even get constantly below the 2:00 min mark. Today i nearly got laptime of 1:55 and averaged about 1:57. Felt really good to see the evolution of myself.

Proud The Karate Kid GIF
Nice. I fucked my strategy at tsukuba. Should have stay out with intermediate tires when he stop raining. Made a mistake of change to the dry tires, spinnined a few times end up in 3rd. But I got 700k which it's alright. Now I'm kinda lazy to do that again for 500k of first place but it was fun.

Con-Z-epT

Nice. I fucked my strategy at tsukuba. Should have stay out with intermediate tires when he stop raining. Made a mistake of change to the dry tires, spinnined a few times end up in 3rd. But I got 700k which it's alright. Now I'm kinda lazy to do that again for 500k of first place but it was fun.
That one took me three attempts. I think it is the second hardest in all those missions. To set up the Roadster was the hardest part.

Go for hard tires and do not change them on the first appearance of rain. Midway through the race the real storm comes and then you go for the wet tires. In the end you can change back to hard. Fuel map on 1.

DJ12

That one took me three attempts. I think it is the second hardest in all those missions. To set up the Roadster was the hardest part.

Go for hard tires and do not change them on the first appearance of rain. Midway through the race the real storm comes and then you go for the wet tires. In the end you can change back to hard. Fuel map on 1.
Got any tips for the kei one? Did the first two pretty easily but get dropped like a hot potatoe on the kei cup. No idea of best car or setup all the rear wheel drive ones are too tail happy. Copen is supposed to chew through tires.

Con-Z-epT

Got any tips for the kei one? Did the first two pretty easily but get dropped like a hot potatoe on the kei cup. No idea of best car or setup all the rear wheel drive ones are too tail happy. Copen is supposed to chew through tires.
In general i can say that the AI behavior is quite differently when you try these endurance missions multiple times. So on your next go it might be easier.

I used the Honda S660 '15. Buy everything you can in terms of performance tuning and then add a bit of weight to get optimal PP level. Same for when you would use the Honda Beat '19. Both are good options. If you can, add the wide body kit and the wider tires to make the car more stable. As you already mentioned... the Daihatsu Copen '02 murders those soft tires. Super fast car for the first few laps but afterwards it's a mess. Don't use it! I didn't change anything else on the cars because my comprehension of these things is quite limited.

Do a pitstop after about 20 min and then again after 40 min. I had the fuel map on 1 about 95% of the race. Maybe safe a bit of fuel on the long straights. If you shift manually you could upshift a bit earlier to safe fuel.

It really boils down to knowing the track and getting used to the extreme handling changes of the car because of the crazy tirewear. Continuity is key here, and if you're averaging around 2:30 you should be good.

Hope that helps! You can do this!

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

nice. you could try some neogaf concepts.
I have a lot of ideas but wouldn't consider myself all that creative. Those short creative sparks in me come and go and i'm not always able to bring them to "paper".

But yes, i will make some screenshots of weird GAF posts, convert them into GT7 decals and plaster it all over the car. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Looks like the Ford Mark IV is in the legendary dealership now. People are saying the XJ13 should be there soon (4 cars away).
Was the Testarossa recently in the used car dealership? I think I may have missed it...

SLB1904

Banned
Looks like the Ford Mark IV is in the legendary dealership now. People are saying the XJ13 should be there soon (4 cars away).
Was the Testarossa recently in the used car dealership? I think I may have missed it...
How much fir the mark IV?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yes, Testarossa was in the used car not too long ago. I want to say a week or two ago.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Oof, thanks for letting me know 😭
I guess it will be like 2 months before it comes back around?

I wish there was a way users could trade cars.
It may be sooner. The cars have been going out of stock faster and faster now. It was that nice blue too,
12-1549400684063@2x.jpg

And agreed on being able to trade. That would be dope with custom builds and tunes.

Markio128

Do you guys reckon we’ll get some new Cafe menus, or new tracks in the next month or two. It seems to have gone quiet on the update front.

Con-Z-epT

Do you guys reckon we’ll get some new Cafe menus, or new tracks in the next month or two. It seems to have gone quiet on the update front.
No sure about the menus but for the Toyota Gazoo Racing Cup we should get a new track. At Least for the final race it shows "tbd" for the tracklist. Could mean a new track or not.

Top Bottom