• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

SLB1904

Banned
I got gold on the first two licenses but it was quite tough. I'm a bit intimidated by the higher licenses. I'll make this my main thing for now. Weren't we supposed to be all racing this weekend?
You don't need gold, bronze is fine. Also don't get intimidated by it. Some higher licenses are easier than the lower ones. If you get bronze on s licences you'll get the new audi r8 lms
Yeah, it fell through, my Internet is fucked. The technician comes Tuesday to fix it.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
52042801244_83d745bbea_o.png

52043062780_c910ebbc12_o.png

Con-Z-epT

Anyone else logging in every day just to check the dealerships to see if the cars they want are finally in stock?
Yes, although it is more for the daily tickets. I have piled up 260 cars now and i'm curious to what the used car dealership or Hagerty has in store that i haven't seen.

SLB1904

Banned
I'm out of Internet. Luckily I've like 50gb of data on my phone. So I decide to rent the Mercedes to see what's is about. That car weakness is the corners. On the straight has a almost 30km difference with the gt-r. One thing is sure. That car won't be used in any track with fast corners

R6Rider

Gold Member
So I decided to get a wheel. Went with the Logitech G29 for just over 200 bucks as open box.

Arrived today and is brand new (minus original box obviously). Already did the brake pedal mod by shoving a Nerf foam ball into the spring.

Have it set up to play now. First time using a wheel since on PS1.

SLB1904

Banned
So I decided to get a wheel. Went with the Logitech G29 for just over 200 bucks as open box.

Arrived today and is brand new (minus original box obviously). Already did the brake pedal mod by shoving a Nerf foam ball into the spring.

Have it set up to play now. First time using a wheel since on PS1.
Enjoy

SLB1904

Banned
Is anyone else having problems the daily c?
I can't get in to a race when it starts every car won't move, might be because I'm using my mobile hotspot, it's ruining my rating because I have to quit everytime.

tommib

Is anyone else having problems the daily c?
I can't get in to a race when it starts every car won't move, might be because I'm using my mobile hotspot, it's ruining my rating because I have to quit everytime.
I played it twice today and it was fine except for ending at position 10.

SLB1904

Banned
Someone help me lol
Yo81c4g.jpg

OK
CA now. One more race and I'll go to bed

BTW I got a 6 star ticket to 500k
There was a 2k there 😆

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Impressions after first 2 hours of G29:

Well, I'm pretty garbage at it right now, but even in the few hours I have seen me get better with it. My seating and wheel location probably isn't the most ideal either.

Wheel is definitely loud, especially the paddles, but playing with a headset, it's not a problem. Already noticed the smooth driving in replays compared to controller.

Makes the game more fun for sure and now I want VR even more.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Impressions after first 2 hours of G29:

Well, I'm pretty garbage at it right now, but even in the few hours I have seen me get better with it. My seating and wheel location probably isn't the most ideal either.

Wheel is definitely loud, especially the paddles, but playing with a headset, it's not a problem. Already noticed the smooth driving in replays compared to controller.

Makes the game more fun for sure and now I want VR even more.
For sure, controller you get Jerky as hell.
I was watching a old video of mine from. Gt sport I was all over the place.
Even when I got my wheel at first felt weird now I can't go back to controller. Also btw, one of the circuit experience I think is in laguna seca with an old gti, use the controller if you don't have the shifter, most of the racing cars doesn't need too much motion on the wheel but that thing you have to proper do 360 degree motion on the wheel, makes hard if you are shifting with the paddles, just a tip...

tommib

I've done all licenses now. So it's only working on the bronzes and silvers for gold going forward. It didn't look that difficult but I'm sure some of them are going to be a nightmare.

I'm at 56% on the trophies. Anyone got the platinum already?

My current holy trinity:

2Y4S6ju.jpg

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I've done all licenses now. So it's only working on the bronzes and silvers for gold going forward. It didn't look that difficult but I'm sure some of them are going to be a nightmare.

I'm at 56% on the trophies. Anyone got the platinum already?

My holy trinity:

2Y4S6ju.jpg
The platinum is pretty easy, but I didn't want to spend 9mil on the ferrari lol

SLB1904

Banned
As soon I went up to rating BS already 2 races went extremely wrong, people don't know where the braking spots are and I keep ramming into them. Proper shit
Now let's see if my rating dropped is still showing BS on my profile but I'm not sure until the next race

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Gran Turismo 1 vs Gran Turismo 7 - Trial Mountain How it started / How it's Going

Timestamps
GT4 Gameplay 00:00
GT7 Gameplay 03:58
Side-by-Side 07:38
GT4 Replay 11:12
GT7 Replay 14:57
Side-by-Side 18:37

Gran Turismo 4 captured on PS3.
Gran Turismo 7 captured on PS5.

Fox Mulder

Excited So Close GIF by The Bachelor

Sitting at 97% since the first 10 days but the damn "three legendary cars" trophy is keeping me of. I'm just waiting for the reappearance of the Ford Mark IV and the Jaguar XJ13 at Hagertys. Any day now!

Most people wouldn’t have had the credits needed when the first two legendary cars showed up before the apology patch. The platinum is still 0.1% earned even though it’s way easier than GT Sport.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Most people wouldn’t have had the credits needed when the first two legendary cars showed up before the apology patch. The platinum is still 0.1% earned even though it’s way easier than GT Sport.
This together with the fact that it was unclear which cars are needed made it really hard. Now i have the credits ready and know what to do. But as you mentioned, it seems i'm not the only one.

In the end it's just some digital prestige. Usually i drop 99% of the games after the platinum but this won't happen here.

Con-Z-epT

That one was a tough one. Make sure you hug the apex
It really teaches you to break and accelerate carefully and not to steer like a barbarian. I will get it with enough repetition but it will take longer than other tracks, thats for sure.

Con-Z-epT

I'm slowly working my way into the livery editor. Sparks a lot of joy once you start to get a bit of routine. Now i feel a strong urge to design and upload some personal decals since i have a lot of ideas that aren't covered. The design itself wouldn't be a problem but i'm not sure if iam ready for the hassle of converting.

Top Bottom