• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

SLB1904

Banned
Confused Kevin James GIF by TV Land
They did fix but, doesn't make much difference.

Anyway

Good news all around

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Could be.

From the article:

2. The 24-hour layout of Spa-Francorchamps

Total Length, 7,004 meters. Elevation Change, 104 meters. Number of corners, 21. Longest Straight, 751.84 meters.

The Spa-Francorchamps Circuit in Belgium is one of the most famous international tracks in Europe. New with this update is the 24h layout, which will join the full track layout. The biggest difference between the two is the location of the pit facility. On the full-track layout, the pit is ahead of Turn 1, with a long pit road. When leaving pit row, the driver will travel alongside the famed S-curve before merging onto the track at the Kemmel Straight. This pit road is narrow and curved, requiring drivers to carefully stay within the white lines to avoid penalties.
I hope they add the Firestone GT/Grand Prix track in St Petersburg, and Sonoma as well for the wine country variance in weather patterns.

St. Pete would be nice by the water with all of the boats and palm trees as well considering that they call it "The Monaco of Indy racing."
 - An engine start-up sound now plays when changing cars.

・Jeep Willys MB '45: the interior paint would not be applied when set;
Both of these are really cool. They sound dead on with each car I tested too.

Hope they also allow us to change interior options in the future for most if not all the cars as well. Stitching, colorways, etc..

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I hope they add the Firestone GT/Grand Prix track in St Petersburg, and Sonoma as well for the wine country variance in weather patterns.

St. Pete would be nice by the water with all of the boats and palm trees as well considering that they call it "The Monaco of Indy racing."
I'd be scared of all the walls in St. Pete. :messenger_grimmacing_:messenger_tears_of_joy: I don't know these tracks but i looked them up and they seem quite cool. The more the better i guess.
Both of these are really cool. They sound dead on with each car I tested too.

Hope they also allow us to change interior options in the future for most if not all the cars as well. Stitching, colorways, etc..
I love the startup sounds. Given how often you change your car this is cool.

You can change interiors?

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'd be scared of all the walls in St. Pete. :messenger_grimmacing_:messenger_tears_of_joy: I don't know these tracks but i looked them up and they seem quite cool. The more the better i guess.

I love the startup sounds. Given how often you change your car this is cool.

You can change interiors?

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society
You can change the interior paint on the Willy's Jeep... well, since it's a Jeep and pretty much the interior on them is exterior, lol.

Hoping they allow for interior changes on most if not all cars in the future.

Con-Z-epT

Seems you can still drive like a mad man and get a clean race state.

I went of track because i was to greedy and that had no effect on the state.

SLB1904

Banned
The new layout is just for the pit lane and the starting position. Nearly a full minute just to drive through the pit lane. :messenger_hushed:
yeah ive seen it, but im excited to go through the day and night cycle and rain with my new subaru. now im debating if i should get a turbo for it

Oh and yeah to see what is actually the difference on the force feedback

Last edited:

Aenima

Spa 24h was alot of fun. Its a 1h race but got 1.5 million for the clean race, so its also a nice spot to grind credits for ppl that like endurance races, and alot of rain.

Before the 1st pit stop i was behind the AI in 1st place by 20 seconds, once started raining the AI made a mistake with tire selection and had to pit again, ended up winning with more than 1 minute advantage to the guy in 2nd place.

Con-Z-epT

Spa 24h was alot of fun. Its a 1h race but got 1.5 million for the clean race, so its also a nice spot to grind credits for ppl that like endurance races, and alot of rain.

Before the 1st pit stop i was behind the AI in 1st place by 20 seconds, once started raining the AI made a mistake with tire selection and had to pit again, ended up winning with more than 1 minute advantage to the guy in 2nd place.
It's really cool that we can drive it repeatedly for credits since i've finished all the endurance missions and loved these endurance races. Can't wait to give it a try.

Aenima

It's really cool that we can drive it repeatedly for credits since i've finished all the endurance missions and loved these endurance races. Can't wait to give it a try.
Yup. Some ppl was kinda disapointed that the endurance races was all in the missions, so its great to see them adding endurance races for the world circuit that can be grinded. Cant wait to see the 24h Nurburgring.

ShakenG

Something similar happened to me at de la sarthe. Ai pitted for dry tyres just as it started raining, i was the only one to jump on wets. I ended up winning by a whole lap 🤣🤣

SLB1904

Banned
Fucked up my run. Tok greedy after 10 min I was second. Got a penalty. Need that clean race bonus.

Restart.

Edit: also this subaru is planted, can't spin this shit, unless is the result of the update.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
These new Japan scapes are amazing! I'm glad they're continuing to add more to the game. I've posted some more screenshots in the console screenshot thread but you could easily spend an hour just taking pictures.

Fox Mulder

The tomahawk totally still works like before at 600 pp on RH with the fucky gearing.

Can even bump it up to 90 power for 2100 horsepower, the old one was like 1300. The update lets you grind faster.

Last edited:

Aenima

The pit stop position is so confusing on Spa. I drove 2 laps before I finally saw the entrance waaaaaaay over to the side of the track 😂
Lol, same, i was paniking trying to find the pit entrance when my tires was already all worn out, untill i found it all hidden in the corner.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
The new SPA 24h race is one of the best and most beautiful race i have expierenced in a long time. It was like a real race and everything was soo good from day to night cycle, weather changes, the cars and the strategical battle. I would love more of these on other tracks also.

SLB1904

Banned
The new SPA 24h race is one of the best and most beautiful race i have expierenced in a long time. It was like a real race and everything was soo good from day to night cycle, weather changes, the cars and the strategical battle. I would love more of these on other tracks also.
Yeah that will be my way to go whenever I want to try a new car

Roxkis_ii

Yo, is it me, or is it hard to get gold on the A-9 license test with the NSX??? I've been trying for 3 days now.

It's seems like it's so little margin for errors. Even the A-10 test seem easier.

SLB1904

Banned
Yo, is it me, or is it hard to get gold on the A-9 license test with the NSX??? I've been trying for 3 days now.

It's seems like it's so little margin for errors. Even the A-10 test seem easier.
Use the demonstration ghost. You don't need to beat just stay behind it.

Meanwhile i just finish my last licence, and look at that time lol
FRS9-D5WUAAhyfd

Celcius

°Temp. member

It was super hard. I just golded it a few days ago after tying many many times.

My advice - pay attention to when the demonstration brakes, hold long they hold the brake, and the direction they are pointed in when they stop braking.

Last edited:

Gerdav

It was the only one that drove me close to insanity, it must have taken 40 odd attempts, no other licence, even including S-10 took me more than 10 or so attempts at most to get gold.

I found this video helpful for A-9

Last edited:

Aenima

Yeah. It might be my new credit farm spot, i dont even liked Spa that much, and now i like it alot. Completed it today again and the experience was totally diferent than yesterday. Yesterday was raining most of the time, and in today race it only rained in the last 10 minutes of the race.

I even got greedy cuz 1st time i pitted i was expecting to start raining but still no clouds in the sky or in the weather radar so i placed soft tires expecting to rain soon, but the rain never came mid race so the softs ended up completly worn out, making me go to the pits to trade tires earlier than i wanted, but still managed to finish 1st with more than 30 seconds advantage.

Cant wait for them to make the same 24h (1 real hour) for Nurburgring and Le Mans. The lights effects are great during night time.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Made more progress on the circuit experiences today. Now I only have 2 left - st croix with that vgt Bugatti veyron and sarthe de 24 hours.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Just golded the rest of the IB license tests on my lunch break and now I just have a few remaining IA tests and then all of the S tests. I think the IA’s are definitely doable but it almost broke me just to get bronze on S-10 lol.
Just do one after another. You will improve on the way so much that S-10 gold won't be out of reach anymore.

SLB1904

Banned
Now that the m6 is driveable, doing the nurburgring for gold has been so much fun. Shame I don't knownthe track well or I would have gold ages ago. I'm one second of the the pace, the more I learn the more I like it.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Now that the m6 is driveable, doing the nurburgring for gold has been so much fun. Shame I don't knownthe track well or I would have gold ages ago. I'm one second of the the pace, the more I learn the more I like it.
It's a track that grows on you once you get accustomed. I hated it initially when they introduced it in an older GT game. Now i can't wait for the 1 hour event!

SLB1904

Banned
Gt7 has a good amount of easter eggs, some already present in past GT games and some new ones.

I like the UfO, Space Rocket and Nessy.

Yeah. Loads of cool stuff. I was binging loads of gt content a few days ago. So many cool stuff in the previous game. Like the gt store in one of the real world tracks, I the game you have to go out of bounds to find it. And there was a car in there that wasn't playable.

Love this game too much

Top Bottom