• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 leaked by PlayStation Brazil, could be a PS4 game

jonnyp

Is it safe to buy a G29 now in preparation for PS5? But I don't want to land in a position that I had when I bought a G27 for PS3 which wasn't supported by PS4 due to some USB vulnerability.

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
Is it safe to buy a G29 now in preparation for PS5? But I don't want to land in a position that I had when I bought a G27 for PS3 which wasn't supported by PS4 due to some USB vulnerability.

No because you don't know if old wheels will magically stop working with PS5 just like they did with PS4. And no it had nothing to do with PS4 hack, Sony was just gready and implemented check inside of console that sees if some wheel is officially supported or not.

Last edited:

FranXico

Wait until wheels compatibility is confirmed. Plenty of people got burned with Sony and Logitech already.

ethomaz

Banned
Well GT guys are know to support a wide range of wheels from old ones to the new ones.
Sometimes requires some driver update on the wheel manufactor side (that is what make some wheels didn't works).

Sony said all devices that works on PS4 will work on PS5.

But it is safe to wait the official supported wheel list first.

Dontero

Banned
Sony said all devices that works on PS4 will work on PS5.

They said the same thing about previous wheels when PS4 was announced. Literally Kaz himself said they wanted to bring every wheel people use.

Assetto Corsa devs said openly that Sony basically want "certificate" wheels aka wheel makers should pay cut to Sony to use with their devices and this is why old wheel don't work not because some hack or exploit.

Top Bottom