• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 Deep Forest gameplay

Markio128

I think I used the word environment wrong. I mean you are mostly looking at what's outside your car (track/other cars), although a pretty environment is also important to attain that "good looking game" feel.
I‘m pretty sure PD only showed Deep Forest gameplay to please long-time GT fans and not necessarily to show off the visuals. I’m sure there are much better looking tracks to show, nearer the release.

ethomaz

Banned
For most open world games it is like th

Agree on that but you have situation if render is stored in ram buffer or it is read from SSD first then transfered to ram & CPU/GPU.
In case of GT7 it is very likely that all track is preloaded in RAM & because of that you have less pop-in or no pop-in at all.
Past rendering buffer exists in any type of game... that how they can do temporal AA or temporal reconstruction techs.
Rendering buffer is not the rendering... it is the result of the rendering.

No game render more than what is showed in the screen... well unless it was some special case where you are rendering two views at the same time ala The Medium.

Open world games doesn't render anything outside the camera view... when you move or change the camera view automatically the render changes what it being rendered... maybe you have the impression it was already rendered but it was not.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
And me, you can be way ahead or way behind in racing.
Let me put this way. You aren't hitting braking points looking at the environments that's for sure. The only way you can do that is to race against a bunch of noobs With no clue about racing. Even that you'll be off road I have no doubt about that.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Let me put this way. You aren't hitting braking points looking at the environments that's for sure. The only way you can do that is to race against a bunch of noobs With no clue about racing. Even that you'll be off road I have no doubt about that.
Well I can only race with whoever get put with me in the GTS races. But I manage it. Hey just maybe I'm a better driver than you and it comes more naturally to me... Just saying.

SLB1904

Banned
Well I can only race with whoever get put with me in the GTS races. But I manage it. Hey just maybe I'm a better driver than you and it comes more naturally to me... Just saying.
Lmfao.
You don't even know about braking points. Better driver than me lol. I will hand your ass over to you. If you want to race just let me know. Will beat you up I have no doubts about that

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Lmfao.
You don't even know about braking points. Better driver than me lol. I will hand your ass over to you. If you want to race just let me know. Will beat you up I have no doubts about that
Where did I say I didn't know about braking points. Ner ner ner ner nerrrr My Dad will beat up your Dad.

SLB1904

Banned
Lol the funny thing is I think your being deadly serious.
You weren't?
cake-caketime.gif

SLB1904

Banned
What you getting the new entry level DD. I wouldn't mind one of those myself.
Yeah I pre order the GT edition. At first I was going to get the DD1 podium but it's overkill. I wouldn't use the full power anyway. The DD csl is perfect for that price and 8nm of torque is all I need

xPikYx

I'm wondering how beneficial could be having a racing game built with unreal engine 5 after the matix demo, that could be the most realistic experience ever

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
I'm wondering how beneficial could be having a racing game built with unreal engine 5 after the matix demo, that could be the most realistic experience ever
You need to wait on the next AC game for that since they switched to UE with ACC. If you see what they achieved with UE4 in ACC i can't imagine how the next AC is gonna look with UE5.

FrankieSab

I haven’t experienced many of those issues (to be fair, I haven’t played it much after the recent update), other than the strange extension to the loading time following a race. Still, the vid did give me a chuckle or two.
Extended time after a race was caused by the previous patch and corrected by the latest a couple of days after.

Well it looks better because of the new illumination system, we can wait for the fil release before making any statement but for now it looks cross gen AF, I'm tired of this
I'm especially annoyed at GT7 being cross gen due to how long they were advertising it as being a next gen, ps5 only title. Officially, in trailers in adds and all that.

Reallink

Last edited:
I love GT games and have played them since the first. I'm sure this will be fun to play however I am a little disappointed with the graphics. It doesn't have a real look to me and just looks similar to last gen but maybe at higher res. It seems quite jarring for instance when you are driving close behind the shiny red car and everything is reflecting in its paint except your car (or any cars) that is a foot away from it. I dunno I just expected more of a realism vibe like we got in that video that was being shared recently of the motorbike PS5 game.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
This kind of micro detail hero modeling lost its appeal and novelty with Playstation 3, nobody cares about the LD0 mesh they only see in a cutscene and menu. The macro gameplay image is what you'll spend 98% of your time looking at.
Your spoiling the illusion for the gullible the people.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
This kind of micro detail hero modeling lost its appeal and novelty with Playstation 3, nobody cares about the LD0 mesh they only see in a cutscene and menu. The macro gameplay image is what you'll spend 98% of your time looking at.
Some of us do
Trying to achieve perfection is a way of life.
Only some of us obey those rules and truly understand.

Because that 2% is what makes the difference between good looking and NEXT GEN

Last edited:

Reallink

I have tried to fix the colors in the Deep Forest gameplay video... but who knows how it should actually look..

The original video looks like an HDR capture played back in SDR without any attempt at remapping the video levels, such a mixup produces a really washed out and muted look. I don’t know if that's what they actually did though, it may well be the intended look. It looks terrible in a direct comparison to something like FH5 though.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Some of us do
Trying to achieve perfection is a way of life.
Only some of us obey those rules and truly understand.

Because that 2% is what makes the difference between good looking and NEXT GEN
Problem is you will never see those models in game or even photomode, since the only place you see them are scapes which is just car lod0 placed on a real picture. The real in game car model is soo much inferior to the models used in scape that its not even comparable. There is a reason why they removed the 360 camera view from 3d persone after the beta. The in game model uses LOD2 which doesn't look anything like LOD0, let me show you
Left is gameplay and right is photomode
51748207389_c41dfd6e3a_o.png

51747562121_6e88a17423_o.png

And now look how much the scape model enhances over the photomode model and adds all the little details
left is photomode right is scape mode
51747562226_f9bcaaf282_o.png

And in modern cars with more round body work its even worse.
Left is gameplay right is photomode
51747803513_c60f8d9333_o.png

51747803433_23cb2ff2e4_o.png

And look at the difference between scape and photomode, look at the wheel missing the corvette detail entirely.
Photomode left scape mode right
51747803328_fe1cd37166_o.png

51748207414_4c782e38cb_o.png

I really hope they use the highest LOD this time in GT7 because it really doesn't look good outside the cockpit view which is great. They create one of the best car models and put soo much time and effort in them just to use them in scapes. The PS5 is more than powerfull enough to handle those models in game.

Estocolmo

I prefer Forza, PGR and Xbox, but it’s silly to judge this game by its graphics and try to review it already solely by it looks.

i hope this game becomes a success when it’s out.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I prefer Forza, PGR and Xbox, but it’s silly to judge this game by its graphics and try to review it already solely by it looks.

i hope this game becomes a success when it’s out.
Well it is pretty hard to a GT game not have success.
Last one GTS was huge successful.

tommib

I have tried to fix the colors in the Deep Forest gameplay video... but who knows how it should actually look..

I’m surprised they still didn’t fix the upload. It’s probably an HDR version uploaded as SDR right? Super amateur move from their side and it’s kind of nuts they haven’t reuploaded it.

Emet_bp

I’m surprised they still didn’t fix the upload. It’s probably an HDR version uploaded as SDR right? Super amateur move from their side and it’s kind of nuts they haven’t reuploaded it.
That's true. It should be fixed in a few moments but they left it broken...
Anyway I'm wondering if there's going to be some graphics modes to choose from, like 4K vs 1440p with better graphics.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Problem is you will never see those models in game or even photomode, since the only place you see them are scapes which is just car lod0 placed on a real picture. The real in game car model is soo much inferior to the models used in scape that its not even comparable. There is a reason why they removed the 360 camera view from 3d persone after the beta. The in game model uses LOD2 which doesn't look anything like LOD0, let me show you

And now look how much the scape model enhances over the photomode model and adds all the little details

And look at the difference between scape and photomode, look at the wheel missing the corvette detail entirely.

I really hope they use the highest LOD this time in GT7 because it really doesn't look good outside the cockpit view which is great. They create one of the best car models and put soo much time and effort in them just to use them in scapes. The PS5 is more than powerfull enough to handle those models in game.
scapes is where is spend most time playing the game making photo's
all i want is the best models in that mode.

i don't really care about having those models in game.. Because you don't see it when you race.. because the sense of speed is so amazing in GT
true next gen experience has always been photo mode

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

imo in photo mode (not in scapes as there probably are more poly models) has same geometry so its same, main diff is superior antialiasing and you can also see difference on road white stripes

DragonNCM

Sorry correction there, it have less texture to stream from SSD because most of it is already uploaded in vRAM(as closed space design GT7). In open world games (FH5) textures need a lot of streaming from SSD to & vRAM. And FH5 level of detail in open world can't be compared with GT7. But after all they are totally different racing games to play. Open world vs closed space. Arcade vs simulation.

Top Bottom