• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 Deep Forest gameplay

Given that it looks amazing that's just a testament to how insane the replays look.
Replays look amazing? Well I do agree that GT is really great at replay. It is basically an art at this point. Also GT historically has a very good lighting system.

Though I just always find it quite funny people running out with replay vides trying to sell it as if the game looks like this during gameplay.

Last edited:

elliot5

Tbf when he post this hot take the video wasn't 4k
I've watched it in 4K and it looks fine. The sun flares and reflections look nice, but the rest is nothing mind blowing. Their trailers / replays do look very good though. Sound is great

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I've watched it in 4K and it looks fine. The sun flares and reflections look nice, but the rest is nothing mind blowing. Their trailers / replays do look very good though. Sound is great
Game still in development. It feels like deja vu like sports. The way it looks right now is a lot better sports and by launch it will be much better

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
a311c7dbdae5595ee7993dae0a65574a.gif

Finally some clean gameplay footage, thank you KAZ! It looks good and i like they added some shake and movement in the cockpit. Also the shadow pop in is reduced like i expected but there are weird lighting and reflection effects on the opponent cars when passing thru the tunnels. Still 3 months left so there is time to improve some stuff. Also the clock is working so dynamic tod on this track is pretty much confirmed i think.

Last edited:

SSfox

Deep Forest so much Nostalgia, i remember i achieved and completed all races until this one that give me another level challenge, before you'd be allow to improve and tune your car, and then there was tht Deep Forest long race (around 80 rides or something like this), so i had to stop playing cheap with my 500h cars against some 200h cares, gotta really properly learn to drive for real and win with that Mazda in its defaults settings, so much memories, legendary franchise, can't wait for GT7.

Last edited:

Skifi28

I'll never understand the love for deep forest, it's kind of meh as a track. It was cool back in the day, but these days with so many other tracks it's just nostalgia.

Reactions: Isa

Kangx

I thought so as well, parts of it was rough quite awhile to clean it up yet though

Those tree transitions stick out for me bad. (Timestamped below)

Not a great showcase imo.

While it is true for the environment. They could have done better but this is GT Which focus on car. The car model and lighting Is a generation ahead of any racing game on the market now. Yes, that included forza horizon. Different games focus on different requirements. Wait until this game release. When you can zoom in and check out the car details. It's not even a comparison. Hell even GT Sport car detail is way better than forza horizon.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
What looks rough to you apart from the shadow pop in?
Looks like some pretty bad frame drops, the stones are glitching in a couple of places

Too far out to worry about it though they have plenty of time left

While it is true for the environment. They could have done better but this is GT Which focus on car. The car model and lighting Is a generation ahead of any racing game on the market now. Yes, that included forza horizon. Different games focus on different requirements. Wait until this game release. When you can zoom in and check out the car details. It's not even a comparison. Hell even GT Sport car detail is way better than forza horizon.

Yeah its far enough out none of this concerns me just like I said not a great showcase for the game

Last edited:

Turk1993

In photomode and scape mode sure in game its the opposite.

SLB1904

Banned
Looks like some pretty bad frame drops, the stones are glitching in a couple of places

Too far out to worry about it though they have plenty of time left
There is absolutely no frame drops at all. The problem is at your end.
And yeah so far minor things that can be fix easily. I'm literally playing sports all night this looks Miles ahead. Pay attention to that green mate on that Mercedes. And the polycount of the other cars.

Last edited:

Kangx

In photomode and scape mode sure in game its the opposite.
Horizon.,
Not even close. In gameplay mode. We are watching this in gameplay mode are we not? For replay, don't even mention it, cuz that was close to CG.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Looks fine. I don't think it's possible to make in cockpit view stuff look that impressive, unless you have rain pouring on the windshield a la DriveClub. Some pretty jank tree pop in at one point.

I honestly don't understand the appeal of these games at all (GT, Forza). I drive regularly, and on the California freeways it can feel like what I experience in these games anyway.

Give me Mario Kart any day of the week.

Skifi28

What I like the most is shadows. In-car shadows even in sport look terrible at places, low res, flickering, banding. In-car shadows here look mostly excellent and there's supposed to be a dynamic ToD system too, unlike Sport where it was static. It really adds to the realism, having an insanely detailed car model with all the knobs replicated and being fully round only to be ruined by the shadows was such a shame.

Last edited:

Turk1993

Horizon.,
Not even close. In gameplay mode. We are watching this in gameplay mode are we not? For replay, don't even mention it, cuz that was close to CG.
Read your own post, you say even GTS has better car models than Horizon wich is not even close to be true as GTS doesn't even have better car models than Forza Horizon 4 in game. Scape and photomode i can give you that but gameplay it was one of the worst actually outside the cockpit view.
Car details have always been superior in GT. Forza has better track details and enviroments.
Yes but not in game, they are better mostly in scape or photomode, in game the lod where low quality compared to Forza wich used photomode lod since Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 3.

Top Bottom