• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Grain of Salt] Persona 3: Reload may come to the Nintendo Switch in the future | Currently not in development, but 'the idea is there'

Update: Known Atlus leaker which accurately leaked the Persona 3 Reload title & announcement date, Persona 5 Tactica title and gameplay, Persona 5 Tactica DLC with Kasumi and Akechi, Persona 5: The Phantom X, and more has said that both Persona 3 Reload and Metaphor: ReFantazio will come to the Nintendo Switch 2.

GEexQLhW4AAULoz

This is coming via a recent thread on /r/GamingLeaksAndRumours which refers to this post on X:

During the interview, we couldn't help but ask the question about what had happened with the version for Nintendo Switch , especially taking into account the good results that the company had had on the hybrid platform with several of its titles including Persona 5 Royal . Although the response from the director of Persona 3 Reload , Takuya Yamaguchi, and its producer, Ryota Niitsuma, was somewhat ambiguous, they let us hint that it is probably only a matter of time before their new game arrives at the house of Mario.
Since we began conceptualizing everything that would come in Persona 3 Reload , we decided that there would be no version for the Nintendo Switch . Of course the idea is there, but it's a matter of discussing it with the team and seeing what they think about it and we'll see what happens.", the P-Studio managers responded to us.
Well there you have it. I have the impression that there is an intention for the Switch to receive Persona 3 Reload at some point. The thing is that surely, P-Studio, being in charge of this project entirely, did not want to get into too much trouble about adjusting the experience to the capabilities of the Nintendo console , a matter that will surely be left in the hands of another team. Anyway, and as I already told you a few moments ago, it seems to me that it is only a matter of time before the game reaches Switch .

Last edited:

Deft Beck

As usual, expect a late port for the next Nintendo console. Nintendo is not a huge priority for the Persona developers.

I mean it’s Atlus, chances are we will get P3 Reload The Super Blue edition to get people to double dip anyways.
Haha, you're so right. I bought Persona 5 like 3 times already and I'm a person who got into the series very late (P5 was one of the first games I immediately bought after getting my PS4 back in 2018 :messenger_grinning_sweat:).

Anyway, looks like you should become an Atlus leaker. 😉

Last edited:

Gambit2483

I've been saying since it's initial announcement that it's obviously a Switch 2 title. Unless ATLUS suddenly hates money there's no way this is not coming to a Nintendo platform.

The problem is that platform hasn't been officially announced yet.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I really don't want to double dip... but yeah, this is most likely a spot on assumption.
I doubt you'd have to. Although that could be the case should they announce anything at an upcoming event (crossing my fingers for Suikoden l & ll remasters as well as Twilight Princess remastered on OG Switch); this is an existing IP they could risk dropping late life for Switch. Whenever the next Switch (I get tired of saying Switch 2) does finally release -- they're saving their big guns for that. For instance, if they any remaster of Wind Waker or a remake of Luigi's Mansion 1 were to come out; I doubt they'd do that last year with Switch. They'd certainly not move enough units even if said titles are cross-gen.

Top Bottom