• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Sigrun Fight is Still Giving Players Trouble

Business

A couple of times I was oh so close to win that fight, out of something like 30 tries… but in the end I had to disgracefully lower the difficulty to easy…

45e.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah I fought the first Valkyrie, died liked the piece of shite I was, tried again, died... Skipped all Valkyrie's... Now you're telling me there's a boss one... Fuuuuuuuuuuck dat
You are supposed to tackle them at the end of the game with decked out armor and perks.

Every valkrye teaches you something that prepares you for the final fight. One teaches you how to parry. One teaches you how to dodge. There is a Valhalla cunt who attacks from above. Those fights are basically training.

In my opinion the Valkyries are pretty badly designed hard bosses. Especially the last one was so fucking annoying that I had to change from hard to easy.

Hinedorf

Banned
Valkyries were the thing I found challenging/fun in the game. Everything else is a 1 play through easy kill, Valkyries took a few tries, still not that hard, same process as sekiro, learning the timing, favorite part of the game for me.

Numenorean

41 yo here and it's satisfying to know I'm not the only one who is coming to terms with reflexes not being what they used to be 😅 Also as a father of 2 GOW really got me in the feels. If Atreus won't give up on freeing the Valkyries then neither will his dad!
Im also father of one little Princess and GoW touch me with the relationship father-son. The message here is dont you ever give up on your sons

Three

Beating Sigrun at 30 fps is how I know I dont really need 60 fps gaming.
I think playing at 60fps on a ps5 sigrun and the muselphiem valkyrie are harder. I swear the timing on their Valhalla moves become more tight. I don't know if it's a bug or what or maybe just placebo.

chasimus

Despite being out for over 3 years, God of War's Sigrun boss fight continues to challenge players trying to save the Valkyries.

Seems to me like another classic case of “Git Gud”.

She was literally the last thing I did in that game. I played her on the easiest difficulty and still took me about four hours of playtime to beat her! Nearly everything else was on Hard difficulty and wasn't anywhere near as hard as her!

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Its was a challenge but not really that hard, especially compare to Sekiro's boss fights.

My advice is if you seeing yourself getting frustrated, stop and cool off then comeback and retry again, when you are frustrated you make stupid mistakes.

I do not recall how I beat her. I remember her being easier than the one in the toxic maze.

I think my combo of abilities allowed me to play a little cheap.

SkylineRKR

I think playing at 60fps on a ps5 sigrun and the muselphiem valkyrie are harder. I swear the timing on their Valhalla moves become more tight. I don't know if it's a bug or what or maybe just placebo.

I have beaten both on PS5 at 60fps. I dunno if its a thing, I figure you also get more input delay at 30fps.

GymWolf

Hopefully the sequel is gonna have more fight boss like sigrun and less like the dragon or baldur.

Yes they were spectacular to watch but mechanically they were very basic and easy, baldur has like 4 easy moves to counter even on max difficulty, it was such a letdown as a final boss fight if you leave the spectacle aside.

It is absurd that the best boss fight by far in the game is optional.

Last edited:
Top Bottom