• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Set In Eygpt Will Look Like?

Raonak

Banned
Instead of going a single mythology, i would almost expect a war of gods from different mythologies

ZoukGalaxy

Will look like Mario 3 desert levels with sun chasing, obviously 😏
Mario is very muscular, his clothes prevent to see it, that's all.

Super Mario Bros 3 Sun GIF

I beg your pardon, what do you by "NO GTFO" ?

Last edited:
I think Kratos looks cool and is Sony's Mario, but the guy is an unbearable whiny douchebag. Have not played the latest release though, but iirc only in Ascension and the rather shallow PSP games I did not dislike him completely. I'd welcome them making an entire new God of War set wherever any God of War existed.
Withoug joking a female lead would be perfect for the franchise. Some danger hair chick going bananas killing of the top of the patriarchat, butchering mostly male gods and seriously indulging in misandry. If there is a game where that girl power fantasy would make sense, it is in a god slayer game.
Also doing several different God of Wars, with very different fighting styles and then doing an MP/coop Multiverse-Endgame-game maybe a bit like Diablo or whatever would be super interesting. Having Kratos, a japanese, a nigerian, an egyptian etc. facing whatever can be build up as a worthy god Thanos in the end.

I think Kratos looks cool and is Sony's Mario, but the guy is an unbearable whiny douchebag. Have not played the latest release though, but iirc only in Ascension and the rather shallow PSP games I did not dislike him completely. I'd welcome them making an entire new God of War set wherever any God of War existed.
Withoug joking a female lead would be perfect for the franchise. Some danger hair chick going bananas killing of the top of the patriarchat, butchering mostly male gods and seriously indulging in misandry. If there is a game where that girl power fantasy would make sense, it is in a god slayer game.
Also doing several different God of Wars, with very different fighting styles and then doing an MP/coop Multiverse-Endgame-game maybe a bit like Diablo or whatever would be super interesting. Having Kratos, a japanese, a nigerian, an egyptian etc. facing whatever can be build up as a worthy god Thanos in the end.
Female God of War? Reboot?

Female God of War? Reboot?
Something like Joker, being sort of standalone, or just different Batmans and Spidermans... parallel to this first initial GoW.
Some God of Wars some Godess of Wars. All different to play maybe depending on what the religion, myth praised in their respective god or what the myth and folklore is about or just take traits from local stereotypes, Ninja God and Bow shooting horse riding Indian God etc, all culminating in a final game where all those different games mash together in a coop and MP experience.

Nah. Japan is better setting.
China is a better setting. Too bad Americans are fatally adverse to China at the moment, despite their rich mythology full of exciting gods and monsters having absolutely ZILCH to do with any of their modern politics.
There's no way a GoW in Egypt/desert is not happening. Maybe in 15 years, but it will happen.

Atreus spin off game ?
Would love for Atreus to continue the series honestly, a couple games later all grown up, ol' pops retired finally, and visit all the mythologies his dad never got to.

Yoboman

I want a pantheon world war, gods vs gods

Let's say Odin and Zeus kept peace between pantheons because of their strength but the balance is now broken and Egyptian Gods are at war with the Aztec gods.

It gives good reason for Kratos to get dragged into it: he starts as a peace broker but each side wants to use him for his reputation as a god killer. Maybe Atreus is mixed up somehow as well really earning the mantel of trickster.

This raises the stakes over the Norse saga, maybe even ties in a reason for Athena to step back into the story and bring everything full circle

Two pantheons at once also allows for variety in the world. I think all an egyptian desert or all jungles will feel like a step down from the variety of realms in the Norse saga

Boss Man

I think Egypt would be cool and frankly expected it until the Tyr easter egg.

More of a focus on casting magic with Loki in Egypt could be neat. Maybe you alternate between Loki in Egypt and Kratos making his way there, meeting each other at the end?

Last edited:

Aenima

Hindu gods I think would be interesting.
Hindu Gods are great, but there are still active religions that worship them. Thats where things get problematic.

They could also do a game based on Roman Gods, the problem is they are the same Gods as the ones in Greek Mythology, they just use diferent names, like Jupiter were they version of Zeus, Neptune they version of Poseidon, Mars they version of Ares (The God of War), etc.

RCU005

Going by the ending for Ragnarok, God of War will continue.

Atreus wants to find more giants, but somehow, while they said there are more “out there”, it could mean in other lands an not just other realms. Try is alive and he has visited other mythologies. So there’s a lot of room for exploring story and gameplay-wise

The issue is if they will call it God of War or something else and be a spiritual (but direct) sequel.

The Fartist

Gold Member
Sales will indicate otherwise.

5th top selling game of the year so far, and it debuted at that ranking only 4-5 days after launch.
I know we'll get another one sooner rather than later. I'm just saying less is more, but we'll probably get Norse God of War remake right before the Amazon series and a new God of War in 3-4 years from now.

I want a pantheon world war, gods vs gods

Let's say Odin and Zeus kept peace between pantheons because of their strength but the balance is now broken and Egyptian Gods are at war with the Aztec gods.

It gives good reason for Kratos to get dragged into it: he starts as a peace broker but each side wants to use him for his reputation as a god killer. Maybe Atreus is mixed up somehow as well really earning the mantel of trickster.

This raises the stakes over the Norse saga, maybe even ties in a reason for Athena to step back into the story and bring everything full circle

Two pantheons at once also allows for variety in the world. I think all an egyptian desert or all jungles will feel like a step down from the variety of realms in the Norse saga

I think it would make sense if there was a counsel of gods that determined Kratos needs to go as they saw him take down two pantheons already. Everyone vs kratos, the god killer. John Wick style

Its the only way you’re really gonna get him to kill gods again

Last edited:
Aztec mythology would be my preference. The Aztec Gods are bad ass. Here are two of my favourite examples.

Mictlāntēcutli, the God of death.

fyD2uV3.jpg

Xipe Totec, God of agricultural fertility who wears a flayed skin.

uar9GOh.jpg
they do look cool, but they look like a bunch of hades clones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom