• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War's Christopher Judge Won't Voice Young Kratos

Draugoth

Gold Member
The past Kratos shown at the end of God of War Ragnarok was silent during his memorable scene, and this is likely due to Christopher Judge refusing to voice him out of respect for Terrence C. Carson’s work in the original trilogy. In a brief video clip posted by YouTuber AbdBay, Judge expressed high praise for Carson’s performance and stated that he never set out to “match” him while creating his own take on Kratos. He goes on to say that he was recently contacted for a role that required him to emulate Carson’s younger Kratos, which Judge turned down because he felt it would have been disrespectful to him.

“I never watched any of the scenes from the earlier (God of War games) because TC’s so great, and I thought it would be a disservice to try to voice match him or anything, nor did they ask for it,” Judge said. “From the very beginning, it was about making it my own.”

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
How much make up does he have on that youtube image!? Holy poop

Or how photos hopped is it lol

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Gold Member
“I never watched any of the scenes from the earlier (God of War games) because TC’s so great"

Gene Simmons Eye Roll GIF by TrueReal

I know every one loves Judge, but damn he's insufferable. He should run the insomniac training videos.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
“I never watched any of the scenes from the earlier (God of War games) because TC’s so great"

Gene Simmons Eye Roll GIF by TrueReal

I know every one loves Judge, but damn he's insufferable. He should run the insomniac training videos.

Now why is that I wonder......

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Sony Santa Monica probably has a size 6 line in his contract that he can't provide the voice for any character that a "gamer," "dudebro," "dude," or "bro," idolized in The Golden Age Of mid 2000's Piracy, with swashbuckling stoner redditors sailing the wide seas on Dorito bag canoes, drunk on Code Red.

Valonquar

TC Carson has done more than just God of War
He played a Jamaican character in a show called Key West that was pretty charming. It was about a character (played by Fisher Stevens) that wins the lottery in NY, and just leaves everything behind to follow his dream of writing in Key West like his idol Hemingway.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Living single! The original friends. Loved that show. Singing “ we are living.. single.,,”
Living single was fantastic and even though I was 12 at the time, I still got some laughs out of it for the little bit I could understand.

Could be the crush on Kim fields too.
Season 3 Episode 20 GIF by Living Single

Christopher Judge did voice young Kratos in God of War 2018 though, when Helheim showed young Kratos fight Zeus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom