• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War continues to dominate on Steam, number #1 for 3rd week in a row, high concurrent player count

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Halo was released in November/December, GoW was released 3 weeks ago. It’s hardly surprising the brand new game will be pulling higher numbers currently and by looking at those charts, only by 2k players in a 24hr period…
What about Fallout 4, Witcher 3, RDR2? Those are not recent games and they're all higher. Not even F2P. The top50 on Steam is not all new releases.
Is there a distinction between the paid campaign and f2p multiplayer or are the numbers lumped together? For one of the biggest shooter ip’s and being free one would expect record numbers to be sure.
The campaign is DLC and I don't see it separately on any chart so those numbers are SP + MP together.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Just googled stats out of curiosity, halo #49. Below hard hitters like Day Z and BF5. WTF? Not sure anyone was expecting that from a new Halo, and free to boot.

Edit: Sony seemingly has no chance to break into the multiplayer market imho.
Yeah, I'm curious to see how it performs when they add more content to Halo. If it doesn't improve then it's clear it's not this massive multiplayer title.

Shmunter

Yeah, I'm curious to see how it performs when they add more content to Halo. If it doesn't improve then it's clear it's not this massive multiplayer title.
There's also the tv show that may boost its popularity. However, a sugar rush is not sustainable if a game lacks the spark

Goalus

Just to compare with another series that is more console-focused:

Concurrent is still higher than Halo Infinite, 3 weeks later and it's SP only. GOW is at #42 while Halo is #63 according to Steam Charts. 4 years old port vs. Day 1 release.

1QvE7Of.jpg

iJJ7nCO.jpg

Dis you? 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
How will this comparison look in six months?

Vaelka

Thinking about this...and Bloodbourne would honestly be Sony's best seller so far if released on PC now.

Imagine that game with fast loadings, in 4k, no framedrops and 60fps. I seriously hope the reason they haven't released it yet is because a sequel is planned and will release the first one closer to the release of the 2nd one. (let me dream)

Bloodborne and Demon Souls are the only exclusives I am interested in, everything else is ZzZZzz imo.

I rly hope they do ports, 30 FPS is unbearable.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
What? Im not even criticising sony. You are having delusions.
I didn't say you were being critical of Sony with that comment.

And so what if its not?

What are you getting at here?

Tell us how you truely feel 🤣

You were the ones going around being critical of Sony's most popular multiplayer titles. You literally try to pull up a player stat with only 12.5k users to prove they're not popular and the games were more than 4+ years old.

So, TLOU Fractions comes out and puts up huge numbers and GTA7 sells 3+ million within the first week, what does that say about their multiplayer titles?

It is great.. but God Of War has been a bit disappointing for me in some ways. The combat.. is OK. The puzzles are.. meh.. and the enemy variation makes Zelda Breath of the wild look like the enemy types may never end. Not to mention the long periods of pushing a direction stick in a direction and feeling like there is no reason why I am doing this..

Loxus

Anyone got an Instagram notification from PlayStation that the next state of play is Wednesday?

I was a video, but when I clicked the notification it appears PlayStation deleted the post.

Edit:
Nevermind, it's confirmed now.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned

Concurrent is still higher than Halo Infinite, 3 weeks later and it's SP only. GOW is at #42 while Halo is #63 according to Steam Charts. 4 years old port vs. Day 1 release.

1QvE7Of.jpg

iJJ7nCO.jpg

Dis you? 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
Thread derailed with style
monsters amp GIF

Anyway, nice numbers. Only a matter of time before the launch window between PS5 and pc disappears. Leaving money on the table and all that

MonarchJT

Banned

1QvE7Of.jpg

iJJ7nCO.jpg

Dis you? 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
and first time that most famous playstation game arrive on pc let's see in a month where it will be compared to halo ;)

kingfey

Banned
The sales would drop in the 2nd month. Then pick up during sales.

Still, the game is fantastic, and it's Kratos. It should have some legs for a while.

I am glad I bought it day 1.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I mean there is literally nothing else of worth being released right now so not that surprising.

mod edit: this was a thread about God of War and its popularity. It's not a vehicle to start brand wars by dragging other games into the thread. We considered reply banning several users but given the derail was on page one we just decided to close it. This will happen more for any threads in similar veins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom