• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War continues to dominate on Steam, number #1 for 3rd week in a row, high concurrent player count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Actions have consequences.

A lot of Xbox fanboys stormed God of War sales thread and said PC gamers don't care about PS exclusives and that the concurrent player count was terrible.

Now you have God of War remaining steady while Halo declines. God of War is not expected to remain this high, but it's still interesting to see.

Yes the green rats stormed god of war threads in a blitzkrieg formation!

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Sony puts out game 4 years after release, makes millions through people double dipping and first time players patiently waiting

Xbox/pc fans: yes, now is when they will now change their strategy!
Are you forgetting they bought a studio for pc ports? Think we're looking at a year max between ps5 and pc release. And that's okay. I'll wait. Still waiting for a deep discount to pick up gow

Neofire

Message is simple, sony makes great games.
That certainly isn't the message here because this game has been out on the par for how long? Half of the people in here didn't even acknowledge the game til it hit PC. Playstation fans, hell gamers in general have known for decades Sony produces incredible games. Hence why they have sold 10s of billions of software since entering the industry.

That certainly isn't the message here because this game has been out on the par for how long? Half of the people in here didn't even acknowledge the game til it hit PC. Playstation fans, hell gamers in general have known for decades Sony produces incredible games. Hence why they have sold 10s of billions of software since entering the industry.

Well then, out with it because i doubt its gonna be anymore controversial than anything else that gets said around here and i genuinely do not know where you’re going with it. It sounds interesting though

FrankWza

No surprises here, it's a very good game. They'll sell even better when the newer Sony games start coming out on PC sooner and sooner.

Years? I don't think so. This success means Sony fast tracks pc ports now. Good news for me! Although I still haven't played God of War
Yes the green rats stomed god of war threads in a blitzkrieg formation!
I wonder what Nixxes is doing as their first project for Sony. Guessing it’s not anything in the Geforce leak like Returnal, HFW, GT7, etc since those were probably already being worked on.
Big Baby Crying GIF

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I refunded mine just because I bought it at full price on steam(sitting on credit) and since I played the shit out of it on ps4 pro I can wait for a proper steam sale. Also dying light 2 this week and destiny expansion less then a month so won’t get for months even if I wanted to.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
A lot of people are playing Halo on PC Gamepass. If you include those numbers Halo Infinite would likely be doing significantly more numbers than GoW.

I love God of War.
Yes, there are more Halo players at the moment. It's just funny to see how many people bashed the concurrent player count of GoW and it seems like Halo Infinite is struggling on PC.

There was after all of the "The King is back" within the first few weeks.

ethomaz

Banned
Years? I don't think so. This success means Sony fast tracks pc ports now. Good news for me! Although I still haven't played God of War
There are several PS4 games to be ported before these... so yes... years.

BTW Uncharted are PS3 and PS4 games being ported to PC (without multiplayer lol)... that is the very definition of old.
From Naughty Dogs it still needs to be ported TLOU and TLOU2 that are PS4 games.

Plus several others studios games that will be ported to PC before they start working with PS5 to PC ports.
You can put two years minimum if they are porting 5-6 games per year.

For exemplo GoW Ragnarok... it will release late this year for PS5 and maybe in 2024 or 2025 to PC.

Last edited:
Thinking about this...and Bloodbourne would honestly be Sony's best seller so far if released on PC now.

Imagine that game with fast loadings, in 4k, no framedrops and 60fps. I seriously hope the reason they haven't released it yet is because a sequel is planned and will release the first one closer to the release of the 2nd one. (let me dream)

Sorry, but I tend to base my arguments on facts. I don't accuse people of being salty or try to come up with incoherent logic to support my argument. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Halo was released in November/December, GoW was released 3 weeks ago. It’s hardly surprising the brand new game will be pulling higher numbers currently and by looking at those charts, only by 2k players in a 24hr period…

Given that Halo is pretty barebones at the moment and is still waiting on Forge and Co-Op, I can only imagine the numbers will spike again when those are released as well as further content updates.

Also check out the All Time High count, 70k for Gow vs 272K for Halo… Halo absolutely scrubbed GoW at launch by nearly 4x the count.

I suppose facts only matter when they are cherry picked.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Halo was released in November/December, GoW was released 3 weeks ago. It’s hardly surprising the brand new game will be pulling higher numbers currently and by looking at those charts, only by 2k players in a 24hr period…

Given that Halo is pretty barebones at the moment and is still waiting on Forge and Co-Op, I can only imagine the numbers will spike again when those are released as well as further content updates.

Also check out the All Time High count, 70k for Gow vs 272K for Halo… Halo absolutely scrubbed GoW at launch by nearly 4x the count.

I suppose facts only matter when they are cherry picked.
The problem is that you don't get the point.

Concurrent players for single-player games are generally high during the first week and then it slowly drops off after the first month.

Halo is a free-to-play MULTIPLAYER title and it was one of the biggest releases of the year. This means many people were expecting this title to be one of the biggest first FPS games of the generation, and the concurrent player count is now averaging blow Destiny 2 and Rainbox Six Siege.

So it's not the fact that it's averaging more than Halo Infinite, it's the fact that Halo Infinite concurrent player count has dropped this low. It can change in the future, but not even that's guaranteed.

I don't cherry-pick facts, I look at everything together and draw my conclusion.

Concurrent players for single-player games are generally high during the first week and then it slowly drops off after the first month.

Halo is a free-to-play MULTIPLAYER title and it was one of the biggest releases of the year. This means many people were expecting this title to be one of the biggest first FPS games of the generation, and the concurrent player count is now averaging blow Destiny 2 and Rainbox Six Siege.

So it's not the fact that it's averaging more than Halo Infinite, it's the fact that Halo Infinite concurrent player count has dropped this low. It can change in the future, but not even that's guaranteed.

I don't cherry-pick facts, I look at everything together and draw my conclusion.
Speaking of Siege, that had a turbulent start itself. Like literally doing less than 10K when it first launched and pretty much floundered for a good 2 years before it hit Halo’s current numbers.

There is no point to be made really other than scoring cheap points at the expense of Halo/Xbox in the ongoing platform wars. As I mentioned, Halo is pretty barebones which I don’t like myself, it’s light on gamemodes and missing essentially half of its MP experience so I’m not surprised about the early drop-off.

Is it low right now? Yes. Will it return to higher numbers? If 343 can pull their finger out of their ass, possibly. Still, the fact that Halo is brought up is just laughable. I mean shit, it’s hardly a failure when 20 million people have so played it so far.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Speaking of Siege, that had a turbulent start itself. Like literally doing less than 10K when it first launched and pretty much floundered for a good 2 years before it hit Halo’s current numbers.

Because they released a standard version, which helped the player count increase.
There is no point to be made really other than scoring cheap points at the expense of Halo/Xbox in the ongoing platform wars. As I mentioned, Halo is pretty barebones which I don’t like myself, it’s light on gamemodes and missing essentially half of its MP experience so I’m not surprised about the early drop-off.

The point is that people were critical of God of War's and said PC gamers weren't interested.

Now it seems like people are losing interest in Halo Infinite on PC as of right now.

Do you honestly think people were going to keep quiet?

Is it low right now? Yes. Will it return to higher numbers? If 343 can pull their finger out of their ass, possibly. Still, the fact that Halo is brought up is just laughable. I mean shit, it’s hardly a failure when 20 million people have so played it so far.

If it's low and you know the possible reason why, then why even argue?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
GoW is amazing and deserves every sale. Glad it’s doing so well. Also looks like monster hunter and other games are killing it too.

PC is just On a whole other level for gaming now. This will deffo be causing some interesting meetings at Sony, I’m sure games will be coming a lot sooner to the platform.

interested to see what else gets released this year.

Shmunter

Is there a distinction between the paid campaign and f2p multiplayer or are the numbers lumped together? For one of the biggest shooter ip’s and being free one would expect record numbers to be sure.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Is there a distinction between the paid campaign and f2p multiplayer or are the numbers lumped together? For one of the biggest shooter ip’s and being free one would expect record numbers to be sure.
I don't see the campaign on Steam's concurrent player list, so they're probably lumped together now.

Shmunter

I don't see the campaign on Steam's concurrent player list, so they're probably lumped together now.
Just googled stats out of curiosity, halo #49. Below hard hitters like Day Z and BF5. WTF? Not sure anyone was expecting that from a new Halo, and free to boot.

Edit: Sony seemingly has no chance to break into the multiplayer market imho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom