• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Jedi Survivor | Review Thread

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Oh Jesus.

Wow. This is on PS5? What happened to the Cerny IO?

Clearly, this game needed a couple more months in the oven. I like Stig but this is 2x in a row now. Simply unacceptable. Even EA gave him an extra month this time.

The rock detail in the distance is PS3 quality. This is so bad.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
The scores are great, but actually reading the reviews paints a very clear message that the game is way too buggy, unpolished, and full of endless technical issues for me to buy it day one.

I'll buy it for half the cost in a few months when patches have come in.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Nice!

Edit: I take it back. There's something wrong with urinalists giving this title high scores despite technical issues.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Said it felt a lot like Hogwarts' did at launch on PC.
Bill Murray Sigh GIF by Groundhog Day

I did play Hogwarts at launch and wasnt rly super bad but I do have a high end PC, but 70 euro for 20 hours is i dunno. Wish it was longer considering that based on what people are saying, exploration is bad, again. I still dont like those animations.

Oh Jesus.

Fucking ouch. Yea see I don't care how good the story, animations and gameplay are, you do this to me and my immersion is fucking ruined.

It's just crazy to me every time I think about Naughty Dog games virtually having none of these issues. Now they are linear so say what you will but even Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy's free roam levels don't have anything this noticeable.

The new Horizon DLC is even dealing with this. That game is open world so it's somewhat understandable. This game however is linear free roam and shouldn't have issues like this.

Hopefully there is a day one patch. Because I do want to enjoy this game.

MiguelItUp

Bill Murray Sigh GIF by Groundhog Day

I did play Hogwarts at launch and wasnt rly super bad but I do have a high end PC, but 70 euro for 20 hours is i dunno. Wish it was longer considering that based on what people are saying, exploration is bad, again. I still dont like those animations.
In the video he actually said exploration was great, that it wasn't ALL THAT, but it was better than the last game. That it still scratched an exploration itch that only Elden Ring scratched. All in all, aside from minor performance woes, the game sounds like an improvement across the board, which is good.

How do you rate games so high with horrible performance issues? Either rate them based on their technical issues as well, or wait to review the product until it's in working condition.
Because 98% of these reviewers don't even play the game to enjoy it. They slap it in and make a baseline review from the 5 hours they spent with it. Reviews are shit unless the person actually play through the entire game and tried most of the things in it.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Who is ready for a tin-foil hat theory on PC performance:

You can play this game as part of EA Play Pro on PC. So, you could plop down $14.99 play this for three days, finish the story, then cancel your sub until another EA game comes out you want to play on PC.

The same thing was the case for Wild Hearts (which was fun on console and....less than that on PC) and Dead Space (awful controller issues for me). *edited to remove some erroneous click bait

0b0lwY8.gif

Last edited:

SlimySnake

This is approaching BOTW quality textures. They do load 15 seconds in but you can probably run up there in 15 seconds so these textures in the distance will likely always look like that if you are constantly moving.

w2iQLBa.jpg

Banned
FFS, Why is this so hard? Games have been using streaming in the background for a good decade and a half. Why is this becoming an issue recently?

I swear we are going backwards.

UE4 sucks with open worlds and big levels.
this was to be expected sadly... only a handful of devs ever managed to have bigger open areas work well in UE4.

SlimySnake

You can play this game as part of EA Play Pro on PC. So, you could plop down $14.99 play this for three days, finish the story, then cancel your sub until another EA game comes out you want to play on PC.

The same thing was the case for Wild Hearts (which was fun on console and....less than that on PC) and Calisto Protocol.

0b0lwY8.gif
Thats how I played the first game way back in 2019. EA has released 2 Battlefield games while EA Play Pro has been around, 3 NFS games, and several other big AAA games like Dead Space. They dont care if you cancel after a month.

P.S I thought Callisto was an indie published game. Dont think it ever came to EA Play Pro.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Great scores, enjoyed my time with the first game even with some confusing level design and backtracking.

I will wait for a few more optimization patches that hopefully remedy some of that pop in performance.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Thats how I played the first game way back in 2019. EA has released 2 Battlefield games while EA Play Pro has been around, 3 NFS games, and several other big AAA games like Dead Space. They dont care if you cancel after a month.

P.S I thought Callisto was an indie published game. Dont think it ever came to EA Play Pro.
You right you right! Fixed!!

It was Dead Space I was thinking about. I had infinite controller issues with that game on PC for some reason.

Last edited:

marjo

Kinda surprised that the scores are so high given the technical issues. Will probably wait to play this next year on EA play. Hopefully things will be sorted by then.

drotahorror

The same thing was the case for Wild Hearts (which was fun on console and....less than that on PC). *edited to remove some erroneous click bait

0b0lwY8.gif
What’s your theory? You think ea would rather you spend $15 than $70???

With talks of the performance I’m not even going to bother with ea pro. I was but now I’ll probably just wait til it’s on normal ea play and can play it on game pass. Too much other good shit coming out. Next couple months are STACKED.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
What’s your theory? You think ea would rather you spend $15 than $70???

With talks of the performance I’m not even going to bother with ea pro. I was but now I’ll probably just wait til it’s on normal ea play and can play it on game pass. Too much other good shit coming out. Next couple months are STACKED.
Nah, my theory is they don't have any incentive to make the PC version of the game great. The console market is where they will make their money, the PC version is there to placate a smaller group of players.

samoilaaa

Wow. This is on PS5? What happened to the Cerny IO?

Clearly, this game needed a couple more months in the oven. I like Stig but this is 2x in a row now. Simply unacceptable. Even EA gave him an extra month this time.

The rock detail in the distance is PS3 quality. This is so bad.
this game was designed as cross gen game so it doesnt really take advantage of the IO , they eventualy decided to cancel last gen versions

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm glad that it seems like the game is actually good but disappointed at the performance issues across the board.

MiguelItUp

9s? But Neogaf.com told me there was some really bad animations so the game is bad.
A tale as old as time, but it's understandable, everyone has their own opinion. I mean even now, it should say a lot that even with some PC performance woes, people are saying that this game is better than the previous in every way, and a great experience all around.

So, if multiple people are able to say that, even with the PC performance woes, I think that says a lot about the game. If anything, it's really unfortunate that they even exist, and hopefully it can be improved sooner than later.

Game looks awesome. I'll have to pick it up after ToTK though. By that time it should have some optimization patches drop. Win win.

Top Bottom