• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War continues to dominate on Steam, number #1 for 3rd week in a row, high concurrent player count

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people doubted whether or not this game would have decent legs on pc and thought Monster Hunter Rise would double it in sales. Well it’s currently in it’s 3rd week of sales at #1

D668-BE41-6-A09-4914-AB7-A-41-BF47078-F81.jpg

Not bad for 4 year old wun and dun single player

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I hope the rumors are true and they're working on a Bloodborne remaster.

I think games like Demon's Souls, Bloodbrone, Returnal, and Dreams will perform better on PC/Steam.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
We will never know, but it could be interesting out of how many who bought the game on steam, double dipped to get the better version.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Just to compare with another series that is more console-focused:

Concurrent is still higher than Halo Infinite, 3 weeks later and it's SP only. GOW is at #42 while Halo is #63 according to Steam Charts. 4 years old port vs. Day 1 release.

1QvE7Of.jpg

iJJ7nCO.jpg

It will never not be funny to me that Playstation fans insist people are missing out on these exclusives, only to be met with a collective shrug.
Dis you? 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

SLB1904

Banned

Concurrent is still higher than Halo Infinite, 3 weeks later and it's SP only. GOW is at #42 while Halo is #63 according to Steam Charts. 4 years old port vs. Day 1 release.

1QvE7Of.jpg

iJJ7nCO.jpg

Dis you? 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
That's very misleading. Different times zones will have different players. You should compare the 24h peak

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

1QvE7Of.jpg

iJJ7nCO.jpg

Dis you? 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Wow you're not even hiding it, pure console warring this is 🤣

I guess folks do strange things to cope with the Acti-blizz aquisition 🤣

Braag

To be fair GoW was a highly praised games all around and won a whole bunch of GOTY awards, including GOTY at the Game Awards.
Neither Horizon or Days Gone did these kinda numbers. Halo Infinite was an okay game but at the end of the day it was just more Halo, while GoW was a fresh start to the series so even a newcomer could jump in and it has 97% positive review score in Steam.

ethomaz

Banned
I hope the rumors are true and they're working on a Bloodborne remaster.

I think games like Demon's Souls, Bloodbrone, Returnal, and Dreams will perform better on PC/Steam.
The Bloodborne remaster is for PS5, no?

I believe it will take years yet to PS5 games reaches PC.

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Wow you're not even hiding it, pure console warring this is 🤣

I guess folks do strange things to cope with the Acti-blizz aquisition 🤣
You can't deal with the numbers? What other console game you want me to compare it with, Pokemon Arceus? You're lucky the MP is F2P or else it would be even lower.

Acti was shocking at first but now it's more sad how you guys will have to pretend to be hype for more COD in 2025 after shitting on it for years. A real mindfuck 🤣

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
The Bloodborne remaster is for PS5, no?

I believe it will take years yet to PS5 games reaches PC.
I'm talking about when/if they ever release on PC. I have a feeling those games will perform better on the platform.

Sosokrates

You can't deal with the numbers? What other console game you want me to compare it with, Pokemon Arceus? You're lucky the MP is F2P or else it would be even lower.

Acti was shocking at first but now it's more sad how you guys will have to pretend to be hype for more COD in 2025 after shitting on it for years. A real mindfuck 🤣

Its the fact that your comparing a rival companies game like it means something, Gow beat halo on steam

9gu69Z9.gif

Sosokrates

I never compared the two.

I just find it interesting that the concurrent player count dropped so fast on Halo. Another thing you guys do is make false accusations.

Probably a few reasons, like people started playing somthing else or got bored of it.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Im just confused why halo is being brought up in GoW thread.

Actions have consequences.

A lot of Xbox fanboys stormed God of War sales thread and said PC gamers don't care about PS exclusives and that the concurrent player count was terrible.

Now you have God of War remaining steady while Halo declines. God of War is not expected to remain this high, but it's still interesting to see.

I think God of War as a franchise has just ascended to the next level. It always did well critically but now its in the upper echelon of the 90’s mc club.

It will sell like crazy on whatever platform its on

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Probably a few reasons, like people started playing somthing else or got bored of it.
Halo was of the biggest games released within the past 12 months and the concurrent player count is about 30k below Rainbow Six Siege. This game had so much feedback when the game was released, yet it's just declining.

Neofire

Might just be me but people are hyping up the PC version heavy as though they are trying to send a message (without saying it) I'll withhold what I think it is though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom