• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 will run up to 60fps

NinjaBoiX

I love how empty a phrase “up to” is:

“You could save up to 50%!”

So you’re guaranteeing me that I’ll save anywhere between 0-50%, cool beans.

ZywyPL

Banned
Whats with these "up to" 60fps announcements? I'm assuming this means you can prioritize framerate over resolution not that the framerate just sputters around where ever the fuck it wants.

I love how empty a phrase “up to” is:

“You could save up to 50%!”

So you’re guaranteeing me that I’ll save anywhere between 0-50%, cool beans.

I swear every single day a new title is announced to run at up to (dynamic) 4K and up to 60FPS, it's like those console don't even try and they haven't even launch yet, while the performance will get only worse with time... VRR needs to become a viable option IMO.

They can't say locked 60fps, they've been sued before for fps dips saying that.
We might need a thread on this. Too many people don’t know about why they use up to 60fps. If you see dynamic 4K, then it is a locked 60fps. That’s the entire reason that it’s dynamic 4K.

These mental gymnastics here. Haha. Is EA squadrons also not 120 FPS on PS5, but on Xbox series S because of that?

And this dude lost the whole case though:

A California federal judge dismissed a class action lawsuit against Sony Computer Entertainment America, LLC over false advertising charges about the graphics in the video game “Killzone: Shadow Fall.”

U.S. District Judge Edward M. Chen said in his May 4 ruling that he dismissed the Killzone class action lawsuit with prejudice, which means that plaintiff Douglas Ladore may not refile the class action lawsuit in any form.
https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit...fall-class-action-dismissed-by-federal-judge/
Sony could now easily say it’s 60FPS and no one would ever try again to sue them, because this dude lost.

I think it’s way more likely that they just can’t hit a stable framerate. It’s simple as that, It has nothing to do with the lawsuit. We will see when DF finally can test those games.

geordiemp

These mental gymnastics here. Haha. Is EA squadrons also not 120 FPS on PS5, but on Xbox series S because of that?

And this dude lost the whole case though:

A California federal judge dismissed a class action lawsuit against Sony Computer Entertainment America, LLC over false advertising charges about the graphics in the video game “Killzone: Shadow Fall.”

U.S. District Judge Edward M. Chen said in his May 4 ruling that he dismissed the Killzone class action lawsuit with prejudice, which means that plaintiff Douglas Ladore may not refile the class action lawsuit in any form.
https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit...fall-class-action-dismissed-by-federal-judge/
Sony could now easily say it’s 60FPS and no one would ever try again to sue them, because this dude lost.

I think it’s way more likely that they just can’t hit a stable framerate. It’s simple as that, It has nothing to do with the lawsuit. We will see when DF finally can test those games.

I am glad you are happy Microsoft paid EA to patch 1 game I understand is coming to gamepass or they ported the PC version.

You realise that MS probably needed a low quality graphics setting for streaming and cloud, but dont let that get in the way of your powa narrative.

And regarding BC, when Ps5 runs Sekiro at 60 FPS and XSX is at 50 FPS, you will use a patch narrative the other way I guess.

And we dont care what you think for your days gone frame rate concerns

Last edited:

EDMIX

I wonder why there's no "Definitive Edition" announcement. Easy money.

Soon. Probably next year or the year after or something.

Likely better models, animations, RT etc. 50% might get. I really like Ghost now, not sure how I'll feel about it 1 year from now if I really care for the double dip if its a lot of solid features added. Who knows.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

Dismissal in Case of Sony ‘Killzone’ Graphics

SAN FRANCISCO (CN) – A class action lawsuit accusing Sony Computer Entertainment of embellishing the quality of its “Killzone: Shadow Fall” videogame’s graphics has been dismissed.
On May 4 U.S. District Judge Edward Chen signed a joint stipulation that dismisses lead plaintiff Douglas Ladore’s lawsuit with prejudice.
The joint stipulation was filed by Ladore on April 22. Settlement terms were filed under seal.
Ladore claimed this past August that Sony’s videogame was advertised to have multiplayer mode graphics in full high-definition resolution but didn’t meet that bar.
The stipulation said each party will bear its own costs.
Ladore’s attorney Alicia Hwang of Edelson PC in Chicago declined to comment.
Sony’s attorney Luanne Sacks of Sacks, Ricketts & Case did not respond to phone calls and an email by deadline.

Top Bottom