• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Of Tsushima Director's Cut comes to PS5 and PS4 on August 20!

Markio128

Ah yes, the magical "entitled" definition that gets abused when one has no arguments. 😂

By all means, feel free to keep rejoicing about having to give more money to a corporation for small updates to a product you already paid for.

Besides the fact that the lip sync is done automatically nowadays, as there are tools for that (the difference is simply that on PS5 cutscenes run in real-time, so that's a possibility), Microsoft offers a large amount of free content to Microsoft Flight Simulator users every two months.

In comparison, this is... quite unimpressive.

The stuff included in the "PS5 upgrade" pretty much qualifies as stuff that almost every other developer/publisher would offer as a free update.
I paid for the PS4 version without DLC, so not sure what point you are trying to make here. And nobody else has the right to suggest what I should spend my own money on. That’s if you can hear me on that high horse of yours.

Calverz

Looks like my decision to sell my ps4 pro in early 2019 paid off. Now i get to play these exclusives on superior hardware at higher frame rates.

20 for the ps4 to ps5 seems fair
For dlc and dual sense support

30 is just dirty..
Go f yourself 🤣

base game already runs 60 on ps5
Not going to pay 30 for an island and dualsense support 👋

wait are they pretending the game now runs 4k 60 on ps5?

THE FUCK? xd
Paying for the island is fair, paying for an upgrade a controller support in 2021 is stupid. But they’ll keep doing it cause the fan base will support and defend anything. These upgrades should be free and the DLC should be its own announcement. Directors cut is just marketing for “we selling you the same thing again at full price”.

Zones

Really dumb of Sony for pricing it lower on PS4.

They should have make it $30 for everyone and no one would complain... that’s just the sad reality of human psyche.

Javthusiast

Banned
Glad I held out. Now I will get a better and improved game and jp lip sync in a game set in japan, which should have been there from the start. Better late than never though.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Ah right. So if I said “By all means, feel free to fuck off”, how do you think that would come across?

Silly, but you're not ordering me to, so I guess it's fine.

The point is that you're entirely free to spend your money however you want.

Just as I'm free to consider this a bad practice and supporting it a bad idea.

Mind you, I'll quite possibly end up caving as well because GoT is one of my favorite games of the past generation, but if I do, at least I know I'm a sucker.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
shut up and take my money GIF

ZywyPL

Banned
Bobby Kotick is proud of that pricing scheme. Sony is really starting to push the envelope, aren't they?

Last edited:

Markio128

You weren’t ordering me to pay $30 for the upgrade, however, you were suggesting that I was wrong in doing so.

The point is that you're entirely free to spend your money however you want.

Just as I'm free to consider this a bad practice and supporting it a bad idea.

Mind you, I'll quite possibly end up caving as well because GoT is one of my favorite games of the past generation, but if I do, at least I know I'm a sucker.
Nobody is a sucker for spending their own money on something they want and will enjoy.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
You weren’t ordering me to pay $30 for the upgrade, however, you were suggesting that I was wrong in doing so.

No. I was suggesting it's a bad idea and encouraging a bad practice. Right or wrong is way too absolute a concept.

Nobody is a sucker for spending their own money on something they want and will enjoy.

If they spend money on something they disapprove, they are. I disapprove of this, but I may end up caving anyway because I'm weak. If I do, I'll be a sucker. I've been in the past, so no surprise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
$30 upgrade for what will hopefully be a 15+ hour expansion sounds good to me.

Papacheeks

Banned
After how easy it was to upgrade FF7R on PS5 this is a huge let down. Sony is dropping the ball here. Let me upgrade to PS5 version for free and pay $19.99. Thats what Square did and I thought it was more than fine.

I'll wait for a sale.

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
Very cool was looking to get back to this game.

Lol @ the haters. We got legends for free and it already has unlocked framerate for PS5. So stop acting like sony shot your dog or something.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
You bitched about them using all of their resources for this which will just delay their next game... now what's up.
Not sure how an expansion that took over a year wont delay their next game. They did use all their resources to make a new map, new story, new enemies, but I am not talking about the content when I say the bare minimum. I am talking about the PS5 specific features like haptic feedback, adaptive triggers and 4k 60 fps patches. Thats the bare minimum we expect from PS5 upgrades nowadays. There are no other graphics upgrades. We arent getting the lighting that was downgraded in the PS4 version. Compare the E3 2018 duel to the one we got in the final version. We arent getting extended foliage draw distance like we saw Sony Bend do for the PC version. We arent even getting next gen quality visuals like we are seeing with Forza Horizon. Though that was always going to be a long shot, but since they took a whole year to make it, I figured they would at least throw PS5 owners a bigger bone than just haptic feedback.

Now what they have done is spent an entire year making an expansion instead of immediately moving on to GoT2 like Cory did after shipping GoW. And GoW2 has still taken 4 years despite being a last gen game. How long will a next gen GoT2 will take 5 years? It's 2021 now. Are we looking at a 2026 title? Who asked for an expansion anyway? GoT was already like 50 hours long. Why do we need another island? Lets move on. Listen to Cory.

Didn't love GOT, didn't hate it, so it's no for now (perhaps down the road on sale).

More intrigued to hear about Death Stranding DLC, albeit it's almost certainly going to be priced the same.

Alebrije

Great improvements..nice that waited an can play the DC version on PS5
7O us for a next gen update + DLC is fine...

Miles708

I'm sorry if this has already ben answered in the thread, but did they say ifthe DLC is in the disc (like with Horizon)?

fermcr

Playstation gamers are rich. They don't mind purchasing the same game over and over again. I'll gladly accept a free extra copy if someone is kind enough..

Last edited:

Metnut

About $10 too much IMO. What Square did with FF7Remake PS4 -> PS5 and DLC seemed fair and should be the standard.

Top Bottom