• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Of Tsushima Director's Cut comes to PS5 and PS4 on August 20!

skit_data

I’m confused. Is it $19.99 or $29.99 for previous owners?

N0CYpsb.jpg

Last edited:
Now I just need a PS5 remaster of TLOU2 and I'm good.

I want improved textures and native 4K. The PS4 version of TLOU2 has issues with texture streaming even on PS5's internal drive.

GymWolf

I hope the improvements on ps5 are not just the fucking gimmicks on the controller for 30 dollars, lmao.

Please tell me that we can buy the expansion without buying the entire thing like with morales, especially if the ps5 upgrades are so shitty.

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

Hoped for standalone game like Miles or Lost Legacy, this Ikishima story mission sounds like it will be very short

skit_data

PS4 version $20, PS5 version $30.
Hmm, wierd offer. I’m not a fan of it. I can live with $70 PS5 titles but charging me $10 more for a PS5 version of a PS4 game doesn’t feel very nice at all. I am surprised by this decision, since the ”PS5 upgrade” for the base game was essentially free.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
20 for the ps4 to ps5 seems fair
For dlc and dual sense support

30 is just dirty..
Go f yourself 🤣

base game already runs 60 on ps5
Not going to pay 30 for an island and dualsense support 👋

wait are they pretending the game now runs 4k 60 on ps5?

THE FUCK? xd
It’s basically for people like me who waited to bite the bullet for the PS5 version.

[Sigma]

That fucked up by not explaining more how extensive the Iki dlc is going more into detail. Instead they showed little cuts, that wasn't a good move and people with start look at shit like the "lip sync" stuff and start to complain about you charging them for that.

Mr Moose

Hmm, wierd offer. I’m not a fan of it. I can live with $70 PS5 titles but charging me $10 more for a PS5 version of a game doesn’t feel very nice at all. I am surprised by this decision, since the ”PS5 upgrade” for the base game was essentially free.

It's a way for them to charge the extra $10 over the PS4 version.
Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut will launch on August 20 for $69.99 USD on PS5 and $59.99 USD on PS4.
I think I'll wait a bit until it's a little lower.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I only made it to the second section of the game before getting bored. Iki Island better be significant for that much of an upchage.
This is a problem i have with many open world games.
After 10-20 ish hours or so You realize the gameplay loop.
And then i just say to myself.. Do i want to do this loop for another 30 hours? Most of the times i say nope.
Open world games are too long most of the time full with filler.

retsof624

so if you buy the DC on PS4 it's a $20 upgrade from base GoT to GoTDC

When you want to upgrade the PS4 version of GoTDC to the PS5 version of GoTDC, it's another $10

If you already own base GoT and a PS5, GoTDC PS5 version is $30

If you don't own the game at all and want GoTDC it's PS5: $70 and PS4: $60

Correct right?

angrod14

What happens if you have the base game but via PS5 PS Plus Collection? Would you be able to upgrade directly from that license even if it's tied to your PS Plus subscription?

yurinka

So the Iki expansion is basically $29.99.
No, the Iki expansion is $19.99.

The PS5 exclusive extra features upgrade is $9.99.
Iki expansion + PS5 exclusive extra features upgade is $29.99.

What happens if you have the base game but via PS5 PS Plus Collection? Would you be able to upgrade directly from that license even if it's tied to your PS Plus subscription?
PS Plus Collection gave you the PS4 version (you can play them as long as you keep subscribed), you can buy DLC for these games.

So you can pay $19.99, $9.99 for the extra PS5 exclusive features upgrade or $29.99 upgrade.

If you unsubscribe you won't be able to play the PS Plus game, if you subscribe again you'll be able to continue playing it.

so if you buy the DC on PS4 it's a $20 upgrade from base GoT to GoTDC

When you want to upgrade the PS4 version of GoTDC to the PS5 version of GoTDC, it's another $10

If you already own base GoT and a PS5, GoTDC PS5 version is $30

If you don't own the game at all and want GoTDC it's PS5: $70 and PS4: $60

Correct right?
I assume there's also the option of having the game on PS5 and to buy for $20 the expansion and not the $10 PS5 exclusive features upgrade.

Last edited:

Markio128

I really don’t get the ire here - 30$ for both the DLC and the upgrade to PS5 native version sounds good to me. Playing the whole game with dualsense functionality and improved visuals (which were already amazing), sounds like a treat.

Hmm, wierd offer. I’m not a fan of it. I can live with $70 PS5 titles but charging me $10 more for a PS5 version of a game doesn’t feel very nice at all. I am surprised by this decision, since the ”PS5 upgrade” for the base game was essentially free.

But the 'PS5 upgrade' just gave you 60fps on the PS4 version of the game, this is not only going further than that with actual enhancements for PS5, but also includes a new chapter of the game complete with a new island. I'd agree if no additional content was provided, but everyone seems to be skipping over the new island when talking about this upgrade.You never know there could be another 20 hours or so of content to play through on the new content

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
I really don’t get the ire here - 30$ for both the DLC and the upgrade to PS5 native version sounds good to me. Playing the whole game with dualsense functionality and improved visuals (which were already amazing), sounds like a treat.

The "ire" (disappointment and mild annoyance is a more appropriate definition) is because most next-gen upgrades aren't paid, and should stay that way. 🤔

Last edited:
Top Bottom