• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Gold Member
FuceApBWIAAHRSU

FuceCjQXoAQWhYC

Pejo

Gold Member
Might still try for a Kirara since I'm at 0 pity. Sumeru's banners have been pretty bad, so I'm not expecting much for Fontaine early on.
my post before that one on the previous page has a bunch of new leaks from Fontaine. Lyney is the sole 4.0 new 5*, but we are getting 2 new 4* supposedly, Lynette and maybe that other new leak.

Quoting that post for the new page:
Focalors burst and info:

[Info reposting] More details about the Hydro Archon's Q domain, sourced from QQ
[P1]
The Hydro Archon's domain is related to gravity, within the pressure field the whole team is inflicted with HP drain every second alongside massive buffs (there may be interruption resistance), the degree of improvement is extremely huge, there is no safe HP level, corrosion* will kill you, Zhongli and Kuki Shinobu are not recommended for the survival slot, [she] perfectly complements Baizhu

[P2]
March 1

"Oh btw there's also info about the Hydro Archon"

"The Hydro Archon's mechanics are related to gravity"

*edit2*

Lyney and Lynette kits:

Lyney
5 star, Pyro, bow, main DPS

CA playstyle, multipliers lower than Ganyu but higher than Tighnari, relatively stronger in ST, maxed out elemental damage multipliers, massive improvements in constellations, C6 makes a substantial qualitative difference to playstyle

Lynette
4 star*, Anemo, sword, CA buffer support

E summons an anemo spirit, 10s duration, cd**, can swirl, off-field will cause anemo (hydro pyro electro cryo) infused damage when a bow character performs a CA, if an elemental reaction is triggered [she] will buff the onfielder’s EM, 12 co-ordinated attacks at max

*edit3*

Updated images of characters:
Neuvillette:
XcYApRj.jpg

Lyney:
207oTC7.jpg

Lynette:
xIYS9F1.jpg

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Lynette ks a cat girl? Can't say I remember about this in the old leaks...whats going on with sudden fury characters?

Fuz

Banned
Edit: Just logged, got Garcia's Paean but it's the wrong one.
K8Tdx.gif
Funny thing. I'm getting Garcia's Paean every. single. day. since I moved my commissions from Mondstadt to Sumeru.

Always the wrong ones of course.

Lynette was always a cat girl since the original 1.x art though. Definitely got a redesign along the way, but this was out at the beginning of the game:

lilin1.jpg
Goddammit man! Spoiler this shit!

207oTC7.jpg

LoL, he has even less clothes and a ribbon? Am I interpreting the pixels well?

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Lynette was always a cat girl since the original 1.x art though. Definitely got a redesign along the way, but this was out at the beginning of the game:

lilin1.jpg

I honestly never notice that. Maybe I got lost on the repetitive character design on the leaks.

crumbs

These leaks are not doing much to build hype for Fontaine. HP drain archon that works great with Baizhu is not convincing me to save any primos.

Remember when we hoped that Fontaine was going to be a steampunk France? Now it looks like we're getting a Chinese interpretation of Moulin Rouge with teen boys in stockings and garter belts? Where are the CCP censors when you need them? /s

Pejo

Gold Member
HP drain mechanic is the laziest "force healers in your party" thing I could think of. Hopefully the buffs are good and not just ATK%. They haven't missed on an Archon since Zhongli 1.0, so I'll wait and see.

But yea, nothing about Fontaine is exciting me yet. We'll see how it goes after the 4.0 preview sizzle reel though. I was convinced I wasn't going to buy Tears of the Kingdom until the most recent trailer too, which suddenly hyped me to the fucking moon.

Saber

Gold Member
Remember when we hoped that Fontaine was going to be a steampunk France? Now it looks like we're getting a Chinese interpretation of Moulin Rouge with teen boys in stockings and garter belts? Where are the CCP censors when you need them? /s

And this because Sumeru has a full clothed dancer. I guess we should be thankfull Nilou has a skin to show, being a dancer she is.

And we already got a sample via leaks. Its totally believable thats the route they gonna sail now.

I can already see the dialogues for Fountaine alternate between Traveler simping and Paimon constant annoying script.

Also btw, even if people doesn't last 2 months playing Tears of Kingdom, I believe Elden Ring DLC will be around that time too. Not to mention Armored Cored. I really find hard to believe GI is increasing in playerbase with that amount of competition, complete garbage content and almost no hype for Fountaine.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Someone has to stop the Hexenzirkel hegemony over at MHY's. Why are they allowed to decide the direction for this game? No one asked for a 5 star garter belt twink. Even the archon's kit sounds kinda suspect. I'm hoping most of this comes down to leakers not knowing what they're talking about because this sounds dreadful.

crumbs

I do wonder how much other high profile games impact GI? I'm sure it would factor into player engagement trends, but It's relatively easy to play other games while still logging into GI for 10-15 minutes and doing the bare minimum (dailies + spend 160 resin).

What I can see having a bigger impact is a significant portion of the GI playerbase losing the motivation to do even bare minimum. For me, this motivation is almost completely gone. I have plenty of resources (mora, exp books, primos, weapon exp), so just going through the motions and repeating the same commissions and temporary events are not appealing. I have to think that a growing number of medium-to-long term players would also be in a similar situation and asking themselves what they are getting back for the time spent playing GI.

Last edited:

Fake

My problem is, not only I lose confidence in this game, but pretty much MHY?

Deyha was a total fiasco. and Baizhu is looking the same route. The dude is like one of the most waste of potential in the entire Genshin Impact history.

He could throw potions from afar, he could use his loyal white snake for animations, he could use poison... What I see is a total lazy from GI division in Baizhu kit. He is not totaly worst than Dehya, but in the comparison with kit design, IMO he is worst than Dehya.

And now GI keep this 'copium' around Dehya like "Fountaine chars will save her".

I'll be honest, but MHY is doing a great favor in destroying this game progression. I lost most of my interess in knowing the Traveler story. In fact, not even Traveler care anymore.

Pejo

Gold Member
Also btw, even if people doesn't last 2 months playing Tears of Kingdom, I believe Elden Ring DLC will be around that time too. Not to mention Armored Cored. I really find hard to believe GI is increasing in playerbase with that amount of competition, complete garbage content and almost no hype for Fountaine.
I do wonder how much other high profile games impact GI? I'm sure it would factor into player engagement trends, but It's relatively easy to play other games while still logging into GI for 10-15 minutes and doing the bare minimum (dailies + spend 160 resin).
Yea I think these games are playing to different markets entirely. Genshin has become so casualized, it's now aiming at the old Candy Crush crowd instead of the BotW crowd. I don't think the game has any more growth room for hardcore gamer demographics, they've probably already hit saturation with gamers that would play it. I would say, "look at every GAF topic about Genshin because nobody seems to like it" but then I remember that Gaming GAF only wants to shitpost about console wars and threads about game sales data/acquisitions/Digital Foundry. They don't actually play games anymore.

Probably a good move for revenue reasons, but it's leaving the handful of us that started at launch out to dry.

He could throw potions from afar, he could use his loyal white snake for animations, he could use poison... What I see is a total lazy from GI division in Baizhu kit. He is not totaly worst than Dehya, but in the comparison with kit design, IMO he is worst than Dehya.
Yea I can't believe they ran out of ideas so completely, so suddenly. Every new character fits neatly into one of like 5 roles, and apparently that's all we're ever going to get from now. Shielder/Healer/Off Field buffer/On Field DPS/Useless trash. To be clear, at this point I don't care how "strong" characters are, but EVERY single 5* should have something unique about them, for how hard they are to get. Like Jean's charge attack - cool, unique, has uses outside of meta, and it's fun. Kaz's hop. Yelan's dash. These types of things shouldn't be one in every 10 5*s, it should be every one.

st2uqt2zbuva1.jpg

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
On a side note, there's an achievement for breaking the 3 elemental totems that Iniquitous Baptist drops at the beginning of the fight, later in the fight.

I would recommend trying it when he has pyro, electro, hydro. Use hydro on the pyro and cryo on both electro/hydro.
How it's called?

Fake

I tried co-op with the geo weekly boss. I used my Yaoyao and believe me or not, there was a second healer on the team and Huo Tao still die.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Got 24 spare crowns, only triple crowned Diluc, Kazuha and Itto so far... eh maybe I'll triple an Archon.
But since I'm a theorycrafter scrub I'm not sure who's better - who would you crown? Thinking of it, even if not an archon if you have some good insight.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Got 24 spare crowns, only triple crowned Diluc, Kazuha and Itto so far... eh maybe I'll triple an Archon.
But since I'm a theorycrafter scrub I'm not sure who's better - who would you crown? Thinking of it, even if not an archon if you have some good insight.
Post the potential candidates.

Pejo

Gold Member
Crown your favorites, meta be damned.

Fake

Depends. Dilluc and Itto pretty much have a similar way of battle (dps, just Itto that have a different mechanic), but Kazuha in the other have have a very hibrid and flexive style.

My vote would be for Kazuha ONLY IF you use him with the 4-set anemo.

Fuz

Banned
Depends. Dilluc and Itto pretty much have a similar way of battle (dps, just Itto that have a different mechanic), but Kazuha in the other have have a very hibrid and flexive style.

My vote would be for Kazuha ONLY IF you use him with the 4-set anemo.
No, those three are the only one I bothered to triple crown.

Crown your favorites, meta be damned.
Well... kinda done that already.

Saber

Gold Member
The only answer that really makes sense: triple crown the traveler for every available element

Think About It GIF by Dayglow

It also passively increases Traveler's austistic powers.

But on a serious note, Dendro Traveler only became acceptable with Sacrificial and overobesity of energy recharge.

Fake

Imagine after all the countries release, Super Sayan Traveler will be only avaliable if you max all every element Traveler.

crumbs

Strange... wasn't this event supposed to promove the Kaveh banner?

Well, better than nothing I guess. Would be good if you could pick up a 4* sumeru of your choise.
This event is going to run through the new banners launching next week, so there will be some overlap with Kaveh's rate up.

Saber

Gold Member
Anyone who has Faruzan, picking her free its a pretty great opportunity.

Not gonna say she is the best of anemos, but her very low short cooldowns are great for overworld exploration, spam of reactions and hunting timmies pigeons(and other birds). Getting another charge for her vaccum is great for her.

deanote666

Gold Member
FYI, after you complete the newest story line, a bunch of puzzles open up around the big hole in the ground you had to jump into.

Fuz

Banned
I keep getting Garcia Paean: Easy Peasy every fucking day since I moved the commissions to Sumeru.
So I'm getting suspicious. Is there something I don't know about it? Do I need to do something specific in that commission to unlock the next step?

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
I keep getting Garcia Paean: Easy Peasy every fucking day since I moved the commissions to Sumeru.
So I'm getting suspicious. Is there something I don't know about it? Do I need to do something specific in that commission to unlock the next step?

I keep getting the Substitues one.

Fake

HUGE SPOILERS, DON'T CLICK:

YhiI0d5_d.webp

MwZgiHi_d.webp

zEy0mVo_d.webp

Looks like that Fatui Hanbriger is his brother?
Either there are white snakes that make a contract with their masters or only one.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
HUGE SPOILERS, DON'T CLICK:

YhiI0d5_d.webp

MwZgiHi_d.webp

zEy0mVo_d.webp

Looks like that Fatui Hanbriger is his brother?
Either there are white snakes that make a contract with their masters or only one.
Oh wow, who would have known!
futurama-philip-j-fry.gif

Maybe the snake is the Harbinger's personality?

deanote666

Gold Member
Sounds like you need to complete it 4 times.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Fake

Oh wow, who would have known!
futurama-philip-j-fry.gif

Maybe the snake is the Harbinger's personality?

Looks like the 'ill' is nothing more a mix of a curse and the white snake ability. The secret of that curse is in order to the doctor save the pacient you lend some of your vital strenght to them, so you give years of your life making you live less years than a regular human. Is like Baizhu is the in forth contractor chain? As soon as you make a contract to the snake, you exchance your eyes with the snake. Looks like both the white snake lifes and the master keep in danger, so Baizhu is on pursuit to immortality to break the 'life x death' cycle. I guess if you not make the contract the white snake die, so most of their master do it.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Sounds like you need to complete it 4 times.

I think I did it more than 4.

Pejo

Gold Member
New web event. This one sucks. They make you guess which random bug parts and plants to "improve" the prescription and when you inevitably get it wrong, they make you go visit their social media for the solutions. I don't like this type, but primos is primos I guess.

Fake

New web event. This one sucks. They make you guess which random bug parts and plants to "improve" the prescription and when you inevitably get it wrong, they make you go visit their social media for the solutions. I don't like this type, but primos is primos I guess.

The last web event somehow don't support console version btw. Even with QR code with I find surprising.

Top Bottom