• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
100% the new zones (still missing a few chests here and there toh) and completed all the quests.
gmorning.gif

Pretty cool. I like The reborn tree.

Last edited:

Pejo

WTF is going on with this reddit? Her elemental skill just cancel after she enter into water just like Sayu, but they're acting like the box really got soak.

As soon as this game get furries, the furry community get this mess. Embarrassing.

In other news, she made it through the first beta update with no nerfs. Rare, especially since her kit is generally regarded as pretty good.

crumbs

In other news, she made it through the first beta update with no nerfs. Rare, especially since her kit is generally regarded as pretty good.
Maybe the devs realize they need positive buzz around a new character and can build some goodwill back by releasing a decent 4 star? This is probably wishful thinking

Pejo

Maybe the devs realize they need positive buzz around a new character and can build some goodwill back by releasing a decent 4 star? This is probably wishful thinking
Incredulous Yeah Right GIF by Nick Cannon

I'm still utterly amazed that they completely ignored Dehya's fan feedback and backlash so succinctly and effectively. From 3 different territories too, US/CN/JP. Multiple surveys etc. They were memory holing anything with Dehya's name on it in the "official" subreddit with the reddit automod. Even the official Genshin reddit account got her birthday post autodeleted, and it came back like 12 hours later. They were also doing the same thing in D*scord, I'm told.

Really goes to show you that at the end of the day, they don't give a FUCK what the playerbase thinks.

Also, I put reddit mods alongside game journalists in the very bottom circle of hell. A despicable mass of villainy and scum.

Phase

If I can ever get healthy enough to play games again I think I'll finally give this a try. What is the main gameplay loop though?

Pejo

If I can ever get healthy enough to play games again I think I'll finally give this a try. What is the main gameplay loop though?
For the first 80 hours, just running around, solving simple puzzles, exploring, collecting stuff, combat mixed in. Then you've got story quest that are somewhat progress gated, and then playing the gacha for characters you want. After you hit a certain point of progression, you gotta start taking character and team builds into account, but not for probably your first few weeks or more if you're just playing casually.

After that, if the game hooks you, you'll be in RNG (random number generator) hell with us in this thread complaining that the boobs are too small.

Pejo

World's tiniest banner leaks for 3.7.

9b1koqfv9kua1.png

Amazing that they're going to rerun Alhaitham already, and still no Eula.

I don't really need either Yoimiya or Yae constellations, so this isn't particularly great news for me,. Hopefully I can bounce in and out without hitting a pity.

Fake

Anything for the female fans apparently.

You mean male, right? Not that 'male'.

After the censor plus the chip between Alhaitham and Kaveh the route MHy is taking are attracting other type of players to the game, not to mention the population of furry is growing in the GI player base.

World's tiniest banner leaks for 3.7.

9b1koqfv9kua1.png

Amazing that they're going to rerun Alhaitham already, and still no Eula.

I don't really need either Yoimiya or Yae constellations, so this isn't particularly great news for me,. Hopefully I can bounce in and out without hitting a pity.

As I said before, Cyno rerun come very very soon as well. Both Alhaitham and Cyno flopped in their respective banners.

Looks like Dr Baizhu will share the same fate I guess. His kit is not that particular great. I still don't understand why he is a melee dendro if Qiqi told about how terrible his physichal condition is.

Last edited:

Pejo

After 100%'ing both subsections of the new area because it re-ignited my urge to play the game, I decided to go back and keep working on the Tornado area, and man.... it really is poorly designed. There's no "flow" to the area that would help lead you from one chest to another, and the tunnels underground don't interact with the surface in a satisfying way. I thought I was originally just getting burnt out with exploration when it released, but apparently it's just not well designed compared to other areas. It doesn't help that the "gimmick" for that area is mostly lame with the on/off button for the sandstorm (still don't know why you would ever want it on) and the little mini-tornadoes that you disperse just by walking into them. And man, I really hate those fucking light up statue puzzles and there's so fucking many of them. 90% of them are just "find puzzle, run 1000 meters in one direction to find half the solution, then 2000 meters in the other direction to find the other half of the solution" Just pure time wasters, no brain power required.

crumbs

After 100%'ing both subsections of the new area because it re-ignited my urge to play the game, I decided to go back and keep working on the Tornado area, and man.... it really is poorly designed. There's no "flow" to the area that would help lead you from one chest to another, and the tunnels underground don't interact with the surface in a satisfying way. I thought I was originally just getting burnt out with exploration when it released, but apparently it's just not well designed compared to other areas. It doesn't help that the "gimmick" for that area is mostly lame with the on/off button for the sandstorm (still don't know why you would ever want it on) and the little mini-tornadoes that you disperse just by walking into them. And man, I really hate those fucking light up statue puzzles and there's so fucking many of them. 90% of them are just "find puzzle, run 1000 meters in one direction to find half the solution, then 2000 meters in the other direction to find the other half of the solution" Just pure time wasters, no brain power required.
Yes, the v3.4 desert area really feels like filler after exploring the new v3.6 areas. It's clear a lot more thought and care went into the new area's level design, gameplay mechanisms, and the puzzles, plus visually it just has more variety.

The v3.4 desert is so repetitive, you always have basically the same combo of spiraling ridges, flags, sand, and ruins. I'm beginning to think the sandstorm can't be permanently shut off since it would reveal how uninspired that region ended up being.

Fuz

Banned
Finally completed all the Tales of Winter, got the Sneznaya achievement and sadly I have to leave Modnstadt now, to get back to Sumeru (ugh) and pray to RNG to give me Garcia's Paean.

Edit: Just logged, got Garcia's Paean but it's the wrong one.
K8Tdx.gif

Last edited:

Pejo

The v3.4 desert is so repetitive, you always have basically the same combo of spiraling ridges, flags, sand, and ruins. I'm beginning to think the sandstorm can't be permanently shut off since it would reveal how uninspired that region ended up being.
Shame too, I really liked Jeht's quest and the follow-ups. The area itself was the shitfest this time.

By the way, speaking of that area, is there anything to do with the chess pieces other than warp around after you've set and activated them all? Seems like a weird feature.
Finally completed all the Tales of Winter, got the Sneznaya achievement and sadly I have to leave Modnstadt now, to get back to Sumeru (ugh) and pray to RNG to give me Garcia's Paean.

Edit: Just logged, got Garcia's Paean but it's the wrong one.
K8Tdx.gif
My hats off to you guys still trying to get those RNG achievements. I gave up on that BS after finally getting the Mondstadt one to finish out that quest. Now I'm in the Garcia gang too, waiting for the right version. I've gotten the weaponsmith version 3 times in the last month or so, did the right options, but I'm still not getting the finale.

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

Shame too, I really liked Jeht's quest and the follow-ups. The area itself was the shitfest this time.

By the way, speaking of that area, is there anything to do with the chess pieces other than warp around after you've set and activated them all? Seems like a weird feature.

My hats off to you guys still trying to get those RNG achievements. I gave up on that BS after finally getting the Mondstadt one to finish out that quest. Now I'm in the Garcia gang too, waiting for the right version. I've gotten the weaponsmith version 3 times in the last month or so, did the right options, but I'm still not getting the finale.
I gave up on Garcia + Sumeru thing for now and went back to Mondstadt hoping to get last Godwin commission to clear that achievement. I was getting tired of jumping on mushrooms, but now I need to deal with Ella Musk again :messenger_expressionless:

I'll be honest, I'm kinda ashamed of playing & liking this game, then I see stuff like this

And I'm 100 times more embarassed than before. My god the cringe. And those fucking embarassing fake high-pitched voices.

This is why cosplay is best enjoyed via pictures: no sound + plenty of photoshop :pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Pejo

I'll be honest, I'm kinda ashamed of playing & liking this game, then I see stuff like this

And I'm 100 times more embarassed than before. My god the cringe. And those fucking embarassing fake high-pitched voices.

I enjoy looking at cosplay and I saw this earlier on reddit and had to stop it a few second in. As crumbs crumbs mentioned, once the illusion is gone and you're forced to think about it, it's ruined. In this case, being in public and doing all that cringey stuff with somebody recording and a bunch of people in the background waiting to get their chicken tendies. I'll stick to my themed and photoshopped pictures thank you.

Fnevu5HaAAAvxEi

Yeah... tried to farm artifacts again. I forgot how deppressing is to farm artifatcs.
I've been using all of my resin lately on that new artifact domain to get a new set for Dehya and Childe, and it's been pain. Still waiting for a HP or ATK sands for Dehya, then her set will be "good enough". The other set I haven't gotten a single piece without DEF on it. At least the domain itself is piss easy.

Saber

I've been using all of my resin lately on that new artifact domain to get a new set for Dehya and Childe, and it's been pain. Still waiting for a HP or ATK sands for Dehya, then her set will be "good enough". The other set I haven't gotten a single piece without DEF on it. At least the domain itself is piss easy.

Fake still doing it, but I gave up after I spent all my condensed resins and the game only gave me 1 hydro artifact. Also, the rest of artifacts where all garbage stats and substats.

Fake

I use all resin on farming. Farm shit artifacts as usual. Use the convertion on those terrible artifacts. I got even more terrible artifacts in the process.

I need the Mona clown skin.

Last edited:

Pejo

I think I finally have some feedback that there's a chance that MHY might listen to.

The new world boss, the "epic fight" part of the soundtrack for the fight doesn't seem to kick in until like 1/3 HP left on the last form. You never get to fucking hear it because the thing dies so fast, and it's actually one of my favorite OST songs in quite a while. I'm going to suggest they play the good part through all of phase 3, fuck it.

Timestamped:

Fake

The OST is quite good in comparison with Scamouche terrible voice music. At least in my opinion.

He don't look too much trouble for me. I pick the wrong team and still beat him.

So, anyone will get Dr Baizhu at this point?

Pejo

The OST is quite good in comparison with Scamouche terrible voice music. At least in my opinion.

He don't look too much trouble for me. I pick the wrong team and still beat him.
I've been using my Childe/Dehya/Collei/Shinobu team on everything and still haven't found a thing it can't beat. Well, I still solo Dvalin with Ganyu but that's different. I COULD beat him with my all-in-one team but I haven't actually done that fight the right way in so long.
So, anyone will get Dr Baizhu at this point?
He was out of contention as soon as I saw Kirara was a Dendro shielder.

Fake

He was out of contention as soon as I saw Kirara was a Dendro shielder.

I'll give him a try because prototype amber looks like a useful contender to him. Not to mention heal and dendro shield.

I not much into healer, but the fact he is an old char from this game, the white snake remind me Orochimaru from Naruto. Shame they don't make a good use of him into attacks animation.

Would be 10/10 if both snake animations plus long range catalyst.

Pejo

I'll give him a try because prototype amber looks like a useful contender to him. Not to mention heal and dendro shield.

I not much into healer, but the fact he is an old char from this game, the white snake remind me Orochimaru from Naruto. Shame they don't make a good use of him into attacks animation.

Would be 10/10 if both snake animations plus long range catalyst.
You gonna wear capri pants while pulling for him for luck?

iu

Pejo

Wow, Genshin mods are getting pretty high quality with time. I really like this Kokomi one. Modders already doing 100x better skins than MHY.

*edit*

Looks like the banner leak earlier was the wrong order for 3.7:
lexmmegixnua1.jpg

Last edited:

deanote666

Yeah... tried to farm artifacts again. I forgot how deppressing is to farm artifatcs.
I've been on a world boss run for the last month or so and ran out of bosses for my current characters. Could farm for the characters I don't have in case I get them if I really wanted to...

Been neglecting artifact farming since I'm forever over 1400 gold artifacts.

BJK

3.7 looking like a pass for me. That being said, I’ve had a good week with draws. Did grab Nilou on soft pity; paired her with Mona, Yaoyao & Dendro Traveler for a bloom / leveling squad. Both my Dendro characters have the chance to reapply Dendro on their bursts.

Having read people in the thread talking up Nilou’s sword as being potentially useful for multiple characters, I felt the call of the weapon banner…and ended up with Nahida’s catalyst (my 4th 5* catalyst) after only 10 tries. I have Nahida, so anything which makes her better is worth working on, but I majorly need to redo my artifacts on her, since she was configured for Widsith (and has very little Crit damage).

Then today I looked over my history on the standard banner & realized I was close to pity there, so after a parade of single pulls: Wolf’s Gravestone (my 2nd 5* Claymore)! That one’s probably going to Eula once leveled up, with Diluc inheriting Skyward Pride (in case I ever find a reason to use him).

All that, and I still have Primogems for over 100 draws. :messenger_sunglasses: Next stop, Hydro Archon??? (Unless the chance for Zhongli C3 arrives first).

Last edited:

Pejo

3.7 looking like a pass for me. That being said, I’ve had a good week with draws. Did grab Nilou on soft pity; paired her with Mona, Yaoyao & Dendro Traveler for a bloom / leveling squad. Both my Dendro characters have the chance to reapply Dendro on their bursts.

Having read people in the thread talking up Nilou’s sword as being potentially useful for multiple characters, I felt the call of the weapon banner…and ended up with Nahida’s catalyst (my 4th 5* catalyst) after only 10 tries. I have Nahida, so anything which makes her better is worth working on, but I majorly need to redo my artifacts on her, since she was configured for Widsith (and has very little Crit damage).

Then today I looked over my history on the standard banner & realized I was close to pity there, so after a parade of single pulls: Wolf’s Gravestone (my 2nd 5* Claymore)! That one’s probably going to Eula once leveled up, with Diluc inheriting Skyward Pride (in case I ever find a reason to use him).

All that, and I still have Primogems for over 100 draws. :messenger_sunglasses: Next stop, Hydro Archon??? (Unless the chance for Zhongli C3 arrives first).
String of good luck there, congrats!

Pejo

You know what I just thought of - they either haven't done a "web event" in a long time, or I've been missing them somehow. Seems unlikely that I'd miss them since I do the hoyoverse app check-in thing every day and that's how I always saw them before. Wonder why they stopped?

You know, the stuff like watching the 2D characters walk through a map and all that bullshit.

Saber

I acidentally tapped on the coop mode when I was doing that ER artifact domain from Inazuma and it took less than a second to throw me in a team full of 70~80 people.

Then I tried the same with the new hydro artifact domain and no one appears lol

Pejo

I acidentally tapped on the coop mode when I was doing that ER artifact domain from Inazuma and it took less than a second to throw me in a team full of 70~80 people.

Then I tried the same with the new hydro artifact domain and no one appears lol
Probably the brain burners that typically co-op artifact domains are still stumbling through the puzzles in the new area, ready to write a feedback that they are too hard.
60c33df26bd2f9a332d5dcc834deb19c.jpg

Saber

Probably the brain burners that typically co-op artifact domains are still stumbling through the puzzles in the new area, ready to write a feedback that they are too hard.
60c33df26bd2f9a332d5dcc834deb19c.jpg

Like my brother said, the leader was lvl70 Chield with Rusty. There were also Yelan(80) and Ayaka(80). On the second try the guy decided to change Ayaka for Beidou, so I took the opportunity to put my Ayaka. They decide to go around for more 6 rounds without changing their teams and after that they decided to add me as friends lol

Fake

I find funny that the matchmaking is behaving like when I quit from League of Legends.
They started to put you with low level palyers because you have 'good behavior inside the game' and because you have 'high time spend on the game', so I ended up like a daycare, playing with new players while the other side full of premade high lvl skill players.

In that case, most of the players are new, using 5* without most or none talents, weapons and artifact max out. Those kinds of matchmaking are so fucking annoying because they kinda use, maybe, AI and others thing to judge who is the best to make the partner. Is getting very common putting me with very low level players, is like they want me to babycare all them because my character strength (showed when you quit the artifact/talent dungeon) is maxed out.

Pejo

The only time I ever matchmake is for the Mondstadt talent domain because I hate using Pyro characters and having 2-3 pyros at the same time makes it go so much faster.

I always bring Zhongli since I have C2 on him and it creates the group shield with his burst. It's pretty awful seeing how many people just don't understand the basics of the game, and constantly bring the wrong characters to that domain. I had a team of me (Zhongli), Venti, Shogun, and Diona the one time. I knew it would suck but I just wanted to see what they were thinking, so I went along with it. Shogun isn't a bad pick per se, but her elemental skill only works on unshielded opponents, so until we wore down the enemy shields, she only did a tiny bit of shield damage when refreshing her skill. Venti was worthless of course, and Diona doubly so considering I had shields covered and we didn't need any healing.

We beat the domain but holy shit it took a while. At some point during the fight I asked why nobody brought Pyro, and nobody answered. I chalk it up to mobile players, sorry deanote666 deanote666

Usually I'll match up with lv 70-80 players that at least know to bring Pyro though. C6 Benny people make me the happiest there, since he can imbue everyone to make it a snap. I tried bringing my Diluc a few times but then everybody else dies and I don't feel like it's worth the headache.

Outside of that domain, I can't even think of the last time I co-oped anything with matchmaking though, seems like a recipe for disaster.

crumbs

I tried co-op back during the Unreconciled Stars event in v1.1 (remember how this event cost resin? At least MiHoYo learned from this). I think I encountered one other player that seemed to understand the concept behind the event (i.e. battle mobs to build energy, then one player would need to "upload" energy while being protected by the other players). Since then, I just avoid co-op all together.

Last edited:

Pejo

Don't go roping in mobile players with people that don't know how to play the game.
I meant more that the chat is hidden by default on mobile, so no mobile players read what I'm saying to them.

So I found the definition of a "blursed" artifact tonight:
guuLJlc.jpg

Hit the lottery of getting Hydro goblet on a Hydro artifact set, only to get double DEF'd.

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

SSfox

So i tried the Event Eula with my build Mika, wasn't too impressed with her damages tbh, i get now why people say she she's bit outcast.

Top Bottom