• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
Are you using a keyboard/mouse or a controller? It can be a annoying to use on a controller.
Oh ok, of course I'm using KBM. I don't game with anything else.

Anyway, color me impressed about
The video in the main quest. Definitely unexpected for such an unhyped event and really good production values. Not sure why they're trying to downright kill each other but it's pretty cool. We're way past the "extend empty hand" thing.

Of course the ending was dumb toh

Last edited:

Pejo

Are you using a keyboard/mouse or a controller? It can be a annoying to use on a controller.
Yea i use controller too and it sucks.

Shroomboar version of the rhythm game was a lot better than the weasel one. They really need to start using better music tracks for their music minigames. There are so many good songs in the game and they always pick like middling/ambient songs which just do not transfer to being good rhythm game songs. At least the Port Ormos theme has a beat to it, which made the game feel better to play.

If I had to order the minigames, I'd probably go Rhythm Game > "Guess Who?" text game > Usual Battle event > Astrology spinner > Gadget hot/cold event > teapot event. It's a shame everything is so easy in this game anymore. Some of these games would be quite a bit more fun if they were more challenging.

Pejo

I hate that text game. I'm already reading a light novel worth of absolute drivel every day in this game, and they want me to read even more AND pay attention? Screw that.
Fair complaint, and I myself am getting tired of reading text box after text box, but at least it was a whole new type of minigame and kinda like a text version of a point-'n-click detective game. But again, it was so easy and the choices so limited, you could just guess the answer based on the last part only, and there wasn't a limit to how many questions you could ask.

Saber

Gold Member
And who doesn't like a cutscene just to show how awesome and badass each character are?
Not me, what a waste of resources on an event.

The one where you have to guess the answers...my god that was terrible. Is this the route GI is going? And I even have to endure forced dialogues between specific characters just for simping...what the fuck is wrong with the devs?

At least the rest of the events ain't that bad. The one where you control an animal is interesting at least.

Last edited:

Fake

So, anyone gonna spend on Baizhu banner?

I saw his trailer and I must say, is actually good. I like the way he use pressure point to fight against the treasure hunters. Shame this can't be translated inside the game, but using body pressure points is so badass.

Pejo

spend on Baizhu banner?
christian bale laughing GIF

crumbs

I'm way behind on completing (or even starting) most of the Inazuma and Sumeru character hangouts, so these interactions with Faruzan and Layla during the current event have been kinda weird. Faruzan seems pretty one-note so far, but I may need to check out Layla's hangout.

Pejo

I'm way behind on completing (or even starting) most of the Inazuma and Sumeru character hangouts, so these interactions with Faruzan and Layla during the current event have been kinda weird. Faruzan seems pretty one-note so far, but I may need to check out Layla's hangout.
Faruzan had 1 branch of her hangout that was really good, the others were meh. I like her quite a bit, but yea this event isn't doing much for her.

In other news, hit pity on standard banner and got my first Aquila Favonia. Such a cool looking but ultimately useless weapon.

crumbs

Faruzan had 1 branch of her hangout that was really good, the others were meh. I like her quite a bit, but yea this event isn't doing much for her.

In other news, hit pity on standard banner and got my first Aquila Favonia. Such a cool looking but ultimately useless weapon.
Useless? We all know you're a huge Bennett fan, so the base ATK should work for him :messenger_grinning:

Saber

Gold Member

The first 5-star weapon I ever got.
Not bad really...but not that good either. Which makes it a rather underwelming weapon since it's a 5-star.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned

Time to dust your Bennett.

P.S.
I wish physical damage was viable.

Last edited:

crumbs

Having a 5 star sword with a physical damage bonus when there are no physical damage focused sword users after 2.5 years if pretty funny in a sad way. I did run my Keqing for physical damage back in the first 6 months after release, but that setup didn't scale at higher AR/WL levels. It makes even less sense now with dendro reactions available to electro characters.

deanote666

So, anyone gonna spend on Baizhu banner?

I saw his trailer and I must say, is actually good. I like the way he use pressure point to fight against the treasure hunters. Shame this can't be translated inside the game, but using body pressure points is so badass.
I want the 4* cons (want to actually make my C0 Candace usable) so I'm picking between him or Ganyu C0 cons.

P.S.
I wish physical damage was viable.
Nothing wrong with physical. Just like the elements, just need to play rock paper scissors on when best to use it.

Fake

Nothing wrong with physical. Just like the elements, just need to play rock paper scissors on when best to use it.

Physical is a mix bag. There are foes immune to physical, somehow you need EM to physical reaction and ATK% end up being more useful .

deanote666

Physical is a mix bag. There are foes immune to physical, somehow you need EM to physical reaction and ATK% end up being more useful .
There's foes immune to certain elements, which is why I mentioned it fits into the rock paper scissors lizard Spock paradigm.

Fake

There's foes immune to certain elements, which is why I mentioned it fits into the rock paper scissors lizard Spock paradigm.

I guess human race is weak against physical damage, but as much I like playing Razor building physical is useless.
Real element reactions are not only more fun, but more powerful in comparison.

I guess physical is only better than geo because geo sucks.

Pejo

Useless? We all know you're a huge Bennett fan, so the base ATK should work for him :messenger_grinning:
Time to dust your Bennett.
Seinfeld_Part1_Featured_Image.jpg

Having a 5 star sword with a physical damage bonus when there are no physical damage focused sword users after 2.5 years if pretty funny in a sad way. I did run my Keqing for physical damage back in the first 6 months after release, but that setup didn't scale at higher AR/WL levels. It makes even less sense now with dendro reactions available to electro characters.
Yea agreed. Physical is kinda the bastard child of Genshin. Even Eula with her ridiculous normals and burst doesn't make up for the ease and high damage of Dendro teams. It gets increasingly hard for me to even find something that has enough hp and defense that it's worth it to use her burst and not kill it before the burst drops. It's fun to 1shot a few bosses, but since almost every new boss has multiple forced phases that you can't skip even with 1 shots, it's pretty worthless. Consistent sustained DPS with high crits is what I imagine for Physical since it has no reactions, but there's just not a good use case for it in really any mode.

I've seen people do physical sword builds for Keq/Qiqi/Kaeya, but I don't have a single interest building any of them as a physical DPS. Keq's Aggravate team nukes her physical damage from orbit.
The banner is already on?
Like an hour from this post, for us, I think. But then again you know me and getting my timezone shit right.
Physical is strong vs. human enemies and 1-2 other types. The weakest enemy types in the game that can be handled by just about element. Meanwhile, Machines (which are getting more and more numerous in the recent areas) have up to 70% phys resist. Can I take my Eula team into that 2x ruin drake domain and beat it easily? Sure. But in the time it takes for Eula's setup, with the possibiliy of them going out of range before the last hit drops, Nahida could tickle them to death by dancing on a keyboard with just her and Fischl. I think there should be more counterpicking or thought put into enemy encounters like you said, but Genshin is so easy for general content that there's no real reason to.

deanote666

Won 50/50 and got snake dude.

Kaveh C0, Candace C6.

Snake dude's trial either sucks or I don't know how to use him properly.

Kaveh actually felt stronger than Snake dude in their trials.

Last edited:

Fake

Got Dr Baizhu in the first 10. He is a decent support, not to mention the amber prototype is just too perfect for him.
His kit is OK. I was expecting better animation or the Chang participation into any frame animation. Still lacking stuff to max him up, but I guess will be better max out the elemental burst.

I did Baizhu questline as well. Finally some dark tone. Is quite enjoyable seeing Hu Tao x Baizhu.

Last edited:

Pejo

I just tried out Snakeyboi and Kaveh in the trials a few times. I dunno, is it just me or do they both feel really bad to play. Dendro application for Baizhu is pretty shit, and the auto attacks with Kaveh suck while you're trying to proc Xingqiu's water swords. His charge attack is fun though.

Anyways, I dunno what MHY is thinking lately with Dehya and now these two. They need to do a little better in the kit designs, IMO.

Reactions: Fuz

Fake

I just tried out Snakeyboi and Kaveh in the trials a few times. I dunno, is it just me or do they both feel really bad to play. Dendro application for Baizhu is pretty shit, and the auto attacks with Kaveh suck while you're trying to proc Xingqiu's water swords. His charge attack is fun though.

Anyways, I dunno what MHY is thinking lately with Dehya and now these two. They need to do a little better in the kit designs, IMO.

Baizhu have indeed a pretty shit dendro application, BUT if you get C2 he transforms into a devent dendro applicator.

Try the Baizhu from his story quest. Is like playing with Xiao healing.

His charge attack is fun though.
It felt novel to use, but I can't tell if it's actually different from the normal spin attacks from Noelle for example. His kit is not very exciting otherwise. Very simplistic. I'm not sure how impactful his bloom damage buff actually is.

Baizhu felt incredibly clunky to use and I'm not sure what exactly he brings to the table. Dendro teams already have so many options for healers and his shields seem lacking.

Both characters are probably viable, but easy to dismiss for everyone else. That is probably for the best.

Fake

I guess Kaveh is not consider claymore while infused, so he will not break frozen opponents... neither geo shield. And bloom heal instead of damage.

Last edited:

crumbs

I can't be the only one feeling burnt out on dendro characters at the moment. I've already added Tighanri, Collei, Nahida, Alhaitham, and YaoYao (not to mention that the dendro traveler is actually useful), so I can already put together several good dendro reaction teams. Why spend primos to build another, slightly different dendro team?

I can't be the only one feeling burnt out on dendro characters at the moment. I've already added Tighanri, Collei, Nahida, Alhaitham, and YaoYao (not to mention that the dendro traveler is actually useful), so I can already put together several good dendro reaction teams. Why spend primos to build another, slightly different dendro team?
Yeah, it's a lot of dendro in a short period of time. Understandable for such a young element, but not very exciting if you're already satisfied with what you have. I see it as a blessing in disguise though. If you're happy with what you've got, you can safely ignore these guys and save for Fontaine.

Saber

Gold Member

Honestly the complain I made at start of Sumeru would make sense.
If they launched all those Dendros at the start of Sumeru(when they announced the new element) would be better. With a full roster of Dendro at the start, people would have more choice and they could start launching characters other than Dendro at a later stage.

In my case though I still have like what...one Dendro? I only started using Dendro for good once I changed my Traveler weapon.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Lazy question. I feel like throwing a few pulls for Kaveh - not even sure WHY - but I'm already past 50 wishes for BP. So the question is... will these banner overlap with the next BP? Shall I wait?

By the way, I played co-op with a Bhaizu (maxed lol) in the water slime domain and there was a really high number of dendro cores. So maybe (MAYBE) his dendro application isn't that shitty.

Oh, Mimetic Replication was cool until today. Weasel and boar were ok and enjoyable, but the fish minigame is pure trash.

Last edited:

Fake

Lazy question. I feel like throwing a few pulls for Kaveh - not even sure WHY - but I'm already past 50 wishes for BP. So the question is... will these banner overlap with the next BP? Shall I wait?

By the way, I played co-op with a Bhaizu (maxed lol) in the water slime domain and there was a really high number of dendro cores. So maybe (MAYBE) his dendro application isn't that shitty.

Oh, Mimetic Replication was cool until today. Weasel and boar were ok and enjoyable, but the fish minigame is pure trash.

Can't say about the banner. I got my first cons for Baizhu just to get two charges for elemental skill. I guess the BP don't count. If you get now, even if you keep spending this will not count the next reset. At least for me never happen.

Baizhu is a good dendro apply, not the best. The problem with that is, between players and foes, there is an internal interval between the time you can again reaply any elemental reaction.
But Baizhu overcome that because his elemental skill jump between foes, so if you are facing the hydro slime, the elemental skill will generate a good portion of dendro cores.

Baizhu C2 litelary make every party member when make basic attack have a chance of cast his elemental skill and can only be done again in the 5 seconds.
If you are curious, Baizhu story quest let you try him with C2. This probably change him to one of the best dendro apply. You just use the dps you used to fight and he will apply dendro just by attacking and healing in the process.

The free trial did a terrible job for selling Baizhu.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Just done the new Project Connectivity. Man, fuck that shit and its horrible, confusing interface.

I guess the BP don't count. If you get now, even if you keep spending this will not count the next reset. At least for me never happen.

Yeah of course not. That's what I'm asking... if the new BP will be dropped while those banners are still active or we'll have the new ones.

Why do you like Bhaizu so much that you pulled for cons, btw? I was under the impression that nobody liked him here.

crumbs

That's a good question as these banners (and v3.6) end on May 23rd, but the current BP ends on May 22nd. You can be our test subject: make some wishes on May 23rd and see if you get credit on the new v3.7 BP that launches later that day.

I'm guessing they won't carry-over since they are not part of the weekly BP missions.

• Thoughtful

Fake

Yeah of course not. That's what I'm asking... if the new BP will be dropped while those banners are still active or we'll have the new ones.

Why do you like Bhaizu so much that you pulled for cons, btw? I was under the impression that nobody liked him here.

Believe or not I don't have a single shield user in my team, at least one I want to play.

Another thing is I trying to built the ultimate Xiao team, and for that to work I need all the characters of my team to be from Lyue because of Lithic Spear. My Xiao was using Skyward polearm until I got this 4* spear and if I manage to put every person from Lyue, I got a pretty decent bonus of ATK% and CTR%.

So, right now Xiao is the leader, Xingu C6 with reduce incoming damage, Chongus for reduce CD and now Baizhu with I changed from Yaoyao.

Yaoyao is good, but my problem is the amount of dendro cores I generate in the process of using her elemental skill with kinda backfire.

Another problem is this trash fact that Yaoyao use a polearm instead of catalyst. I really hate MHY for making this decision. Really reduce Yaoyao build flexibility. I forced to use Favonious Spear.

Now that I got Baizhu C1, I can heal and generate more particle. His burst still require a good amount of energy, and I not using a catalyst with ER for him. I'm using prototype amber and his secondary attribute is HP%.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
The next BP will begin after server maintenance and when 3.7 goes live with new banners. Those wishes won't count for the next period.

Fuz

Banned
The next BP will begin after server maintenance and when 3.7 goes live with new banners. Those wishes won't count for the next period.
Thanks. Who do we have next? Kirara? Which 5★?

EDIT: Nvm, I overcomed my laziness.
Genshin%203.7%20banners%20-%204-star%20characters.webp

Mmm hard decision.
The free trial did a terrible job for selling Baizhu.
Just tried it, he's awful. He feels really bad and his shield sucks major ass.
I know the trials always do a terrible job of showcasing the characters, but I think Bhaizu takes the podium. Either that, or he really is an awful unit. I'll try his quest tomorrow to see if I change my mind (I probably won't, since I don't consider constellations as legit part of the characters), but for me right now he classifies into "worse than Dehya".

Edit: Kaveh is weird. His dendro application mainly comes from his elemental skill, BUT his elemental skill is what makes cores explode which is his gimmick and... cooldowns. Either pair him with Nahida or he's got a pretty fucked up kit.

Btw, is it me or they increased significantly energy generation in the trials?

No matter what, how, where... George Costanza always makes me laugh.

Last edited:

deanote666

Banner always ends at maintenance so no overlap.

crumbs

Speaking of the trials, are these the first to feature Xingqiu as part of the team? They usually pair the trial character with FTP options (Lisa, Amber, Kaeya, Barbara, Collei, Noelle), so now I'm trying to remember if they had other gacha characters as support in previous trials. Not that it matters, but XIngqiu would make more characters look better than Barbara as the hydro option.

Also, Ganyu continues to have the most ridiculous trial: A dozen hydro slimes of various sizes. It's like testing out a RPG on an ant hill.

Btw, is it me or they increased significantly energy generation in the trials?

Yes, they always increase it for trials, but this time it was definitely cranked to 11.

Oh ok, of course I'm using KBM. I don't game with anything else.

Anyway, color me impressed about
The video in the main quest. Definitely unexpected for such an unhyped event and really good production values. Not sure why they're trying to downright kill each other but it's pretty cool. We're way past the "extend empty hand" thing.

Of course the ending was dumb toh

Yeah what was that about? Suddenly the competition was okay with last man standing like free for all. Made no sense.

• Thoughtful

Pejo

Kaveh actually felt stronger than Snake dude in their trials.
I agree with this, but I didn't feel that Xingqiu was the right person to demo with Kaveh either. He'd have a better demo with Kokomi or Nilou or Mona.

Baizhu felt incredibly clunky to use and I'm not sure what exactly he brings to the table. Dendro teams already have so many options for healers and his shields seem lacking.
I think they made a mistake making Kirara so soon after Baizhu. A Dendro or Hydro shielder is a useful combination but knowing I can just wait one patch and pull Kirara, it pretty much removed slitherin' suckatash from consideration for my pulls. But yea, he just felt clunky and I don't like the short shield refreshing stuff.

I think it's different if you have somebody full-timing him on the field like in Co-op. If you are using him solo though, he pretty much just comes out to launch his snake and shield and then fucks off. That's where his Dendro application sucks, at least in the trial. I haven't done his story yet to see what his performance with full constellations is like, but out of the box, he just seems underwhelming.

Baizhu C2 litelary make every party member when make basic attack have a change of cast his elemental skill and can only be done again in the 5 seconds.
If you are curious, Baizhu story quest let you try him with C2. This probably change him to one of the best dendro apply. You just use the dps you used to fight and he will apply dendro just by attacking and healing in the process.
Man that's kinda busted if true, but no way in hell am I pulling for C2 for that dude. Classic MHY formula of "create a problem, sell the solution" though.

Top Bottom