• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

New event:

oh boy dunk GIF

Scaradouche shows up:

Dog Do Not Want GIF

Last edited:

Pejo

Man I've been playing emulated BotW lately the past week or so, I'm so torn on it. Doing the infinite durability mod has both made the game more satisfying for me, at the same time highlighting just how terrible the combat is in BotW. Especially compared to Genshin with the reactions and actual combos and stuff.

Graphics - Genshin - BotW looks a lot better on PC than it did on Switch originally, upscaled with AA and removing dynamic resolution, but the vistas are just plain ugly by today's standards, the pop in sucks, the textures are awful for most things etc. Genshin I find to be one of the most beautiful games out right now, especially from an art standpoint. It never tries to go ultra realistic but they really know how to paint a scene.

Exploration - Tie - Both games have great exploration, but ultimately the rewards for exploration suck ass in both games after the first day or so of playing. Elden ring with unique rewards and weapons/etc for exploration mogs them both. Even if the low hanging fruit is mushrooms and random bullshit in Elden Ring, getting through a nasty miniboss encounter or finding a hidden passage and being rewarded with a new sword with a cool effect is just 1000x more satisfying than whatever Genshin or BotW gives you.

Combat - Genshin - BotW combat fucking sucks. When you don't have to worry about throwing/breaking weapons after 3 hits, you see just how bad it is. The enemy AI is actually pretty cool, how they will run to pick up weapons on the ground and the skeletons will try to find any head they can to reform their bodies. They will use tactics like having a shield enemy engage you while the bow enemies retreat and shoot from far, etc. But man, everything else sucks. The Witch Time dodging, the parries, the horrible lock on feature, the awful movesets of the weapons. BotW's battle system encourages you to use the environment and physics of the game for combat because the direct combat is so shit. Makes sense why they didn't get rid of the weapon durability in the sequel despite almost nobody liking it. That said, I still prefer the unlimited durability style vs. every weapon breaking a few hits in. I still find myself swapping weapons quite a bit for different reasons. (thunderstorms, better remove metal weapons so I don't get zapped, on horseback, better switch to spear for the reach, Boss encounter, better switch to strongest 2h'er, etc). It does make the Guardian weapons a bit too good early on, but considering the game wasn't designed for it I really enjoy that awful fucking mechanic being gone.

Puzzles - BotW - I used to think Genshin had the better puzzles, but then I think due to oversaturation of the same types over and over it kinda lost its magic. Also Fuz Fuz putting "the puzzles are too hard" in surveys which has reduced them to brainless tier time wasters instead of something that requires you to think and overcome. I think Inazuma was peak puzzle time, with the varied types and generally higher difficulty, but the rewards being shit kinda made them meaningless if you don't just enjoy the puzzles for what they are. BotW is great in that the game doesn't hold you back from trying non-standard solutions using the game physics and tools at your disposal. I remember that one puzzle where you have to roll a key ball through one of those tilt mazes which was very frustrating, OR, you could just flip the controller upside down and have it roll easily on the underside on a flat surface if you thought about it. That kind of shit is really cool. Shame that both games have such shitty rewards for your time and effort.

Traversal - BotW - This was a tough one to decide. Ultimately, I love the horses, the fact that they ignore you and fuck off until they become fond of you, I'd love to see mounts in Genshin. The physics engine in BotW is so much better. I like how breezes can effect your glider and either make you go faster or slower. The game has actual momentum instead of whatever the fuck Genshin uses. Stasis blasting yourself across the map on top of a boulder is a lot of fun. On the other hand, I like Kaz's double jump, Yelan's dash, Sayu's roll, Mona's swim. They're cool how they're tied into the combat too.

Worldbuilding - Genshin - Genshin just has such rich and interesting lore, but all of it is hidden behind super dry and flowery text (lots of confusing flavor names for everything). I understand most don't like it, and I do wish it was presented better, but it's really cool and interesting that they put so much thought and effort into the lore. The "delete from Irminsul" thing kinda hurts it a bit, because they essentially just baked in the ability for them to change anything at any time for any reason, retconning things that they don't want to have to explain, which feels cheap to me. Maybe it's something they're used to in CN with the government censoring and memory holing stuff in the real world. BotW's best part was the "100 years ago" storyline that you slowly learn throughout the game and of course the 4 divine beasts. I will ALWAYS love giant monsters/robots causing a sense of dread and awe in games. Shadow of the Colossus was so good because of this. Even if the divine beast dungeons were only "meh", the sense of wonder they created when you saw them out stomping around in their areas was really cool. Wish they were bigger menaces than a walking dungeon and random weather issues. It'd also be cool if they attacked you/towns/etc directly and you had to fend them off. Climbing the Gerudo Highlands tower and seeing the huge ass camel stomping in the desert around a huge sand/lightning storm was like a major "oh fuck! that's cool" moment for me both times I played the game (at launch and now). Also having the last boss circling around the castle right from the beginning of the game was a cool idea, to visually remind you of what the goal is as you're out running around Hyrule. Actual quests and lore past that though was kinda garbage.

Anyways, that's more than I planned to write about a comparison between the two. I'm really looking forward to TotK, but it's gonna be hard going back to breakable weapons after playing it without them, and having it be a superior experience. I also hope that Genshin improves a lot of things with 4.0 and doesn't just keep shoveling more dandy males and censored females with 200 of the same puzzles that amount to:
9430_PlanToys_SHAPE_and_SORT_IT_OUT_Learning_and_Education_Mathematical_Fine_Motor_Language_and_Communications_12m_Wooden_toys_Education_toys_Safety_Toys_Non-toxic_0_1800x1800.png

It's probably a bit much to ask, but having real physics in the game would be so nice compared to the pre-baked animations we have now for movement. It really adds something to the gameplay.

deanote666

.Combat - Genshin - BotW combat fucking sucks. When you don't have to worry about throwing/breaking weapons after 3 hits, you see just how bad it is.
Flashbacks of the terrible Lunar game for the Nintendo DS. Couldn't even pick which enemies you attacked (turn based). Getting exp/materials in that game was a pain and you had to pick which you got.

Encountered a monkey that broke my weapon probably after spending at least 10 hours on the game. Turned it off and never turned it back on.

Lunar (sega/ps1) was a great series btw. Just avoid the DS game. Lunar Silver Star and Lunar Eternal Blue (the sequel to Silver Star) are great games.

Last edited:

crumbs

Man I've been playing emulated BotW lately the past week or so, I'm so torn on it. Doing the infinite durability mod has both made the game more satisfying for me, at the same time highlighting just how terrible the combat is in BotW. Especially compared to Genshin with the reactions and actual combos and stuff.

Graphics - Genshin - BotW looks a lot better on PC than it did on Switch originally, upscaled with AA and removing dynamic resolution, but the vistas are just plain ugly by today's standards, the pop in sucks, the textures are awful for most things etc. Genshin I find to be one of the most beautiful games out right now, especially from an art standpoint. It never tries to go ultra realistic but they really know how to paint a scene.

Exploration - Tie - Both games have great exploration, but ultimately the rewards for exploration suck ass in both games after the first day or so of playing. Elden ring with unique rewards and weapons/etc for exploration mogs them both. Even if the low hanging fruit is mushrooms and random bullshit in Elden Ring, getting through a nasty miniboss encounter or finding a hidden passage and being rewarded with a new sword with a cool effect is just 1000x more satisfying than whatever Genshin or BotW gives you.

Combat - Genshin - BotW combat fucking sucks. When you don't have to worry about throwing/breaking weapons after 3 hits, you see just how bad it is. The enemy AI is actually pretty cool, how they will run to pick up weapons on the ground and the skeletons will try to find any head they can to reform their bodies. They will use tactics like having a shield enemy engage you while the bow enemies retreat and shoot from far, etc. But man, everything else sucks. The Witch Time dodging, the parries, the horrible lock on feature, the awful movesets of the weapons. BotW's battle system encourages you to use the environment and physics of the game for combat because the direct combat is so shit. Makes sense why they didn't get rid of the weapon durability in the sequel despite almost nobody liking it. That said, I still prefer the unlimited durability style vs. every weapon breaking a few hits in. I still find myself swapping weapons quite a bit for different reasons. (thunderstorms, better remove metal weapons so I don't get zapped, on horseback, better switch to spear for the reach, Boss encounter, better switch to strongest 2h'er, etc). It does make the Guardian weapons a bit too good early on, but considering the game wasn't designed for it I really enjoy that awful fucking mechanic being gone.

Puzzles - BotW - I used to think Genshin had the better puzzles, but then I think due to oversaturation of the same types over and over it kinda lost its magic. Also Fuz Fuz putting "the puzzles are too hard" in surveys which has reduced them to brainless tier time wasters instead of something that requires you to think and overcome. I think Inazuma was peak puzzle time, with the varied types and generally higher difficulty, but the rewards being shit kinda made them meaningless if you don't just enjoy the puzzles for what they are. BotW is great in that the game doesn't hold you back from trying non-standard solutions using the game physics and tools at your disposal. I remember that one puzzle where you have to roll a key ball through one of those tilt mazes which was very frustrating, OR, you could just flip the controller upside down and have it roll easily on the underside on a flat surface if you thought about it. That kind of shit is really cool. Shame that both games have such shitty rewards for your time and effort.

Traversal - BotW - This was a tough one to decide. Ultimately, I love the horses, the fact that they ignore you and fuck off until they become fond of you, I'd love to see mounts in Genshin. The physics engine in BotW is so much better. I like how breezes can effect your glider and either make you go faster or slower. The game has actual momentum instead of whatever the fuck Genshin uses. Stasis blasting yourself across the map on top of a boulder is a lot of fun. On the other hand, I like Kaz's double jump, Yelan's dash, Sayu's roll, Mona's swim. They're cool how they're tied into the combat too.

Worldbuilding - Genshin - Genshin just has such rich and interesting lore, but all of it is hidden behind super dry and flowery text (lots of confusing flavor names for everything). I understand most don't like it, and I do wish it was presented better, but it's really cool and interesting that they put so much thought and effort into the lore. The "delete from Irminsul" thing kinda hurts it a bit, because they essentially just baked in the ability for them to change anything at any time for any reason, retconning things that they don't want to have to explain, which feels cheap to me. Maybe it's something they're used to in CN with the government censoring and memory holing stuff in the real world. BotW's best part was the "100 years ago" storyline that you slowly learn throughout the game and of course the 4 divine beasts. I will ALWAYS love giant monsters/robots causing a sense of dread and awe in games. Shadow of the Colossus was so good because of this. Even if the divine beast dungeons were only "meh", the sense of wonder they created when you saw them out stomping around in their areas was really cool. Wish they were bigger menaces than a walking dungeon and random weather issues. It'd also be cool if they attacked you/towns/etc directly and you had to fend them off. Climbing the Gerudo Highlands tower and seeing the huge ass camel stomping in the desert around a huge sand/lightning storm was like a major "oh fuck! that's cool" moment for me both times I played the game (at launch and now). Also having the last boss circling around the castle right from the beginning of the game was a cool idea, to visually remind you of what the goal is as you're out running around Hyrule. Actual quests and lore past that though was kinda garbage.

Anyways, that's more than I planned to write about a comparison between the two. I'm really looking forward to TotK, but it's gonna be hard going back to breakable weapons after playing it without them, and having it be a superior experience. I also hope that Genshin improves a lot of things with 4.0 and doesn't just keep shoveling more dandy males and censored females with 200 of the same puzzles that amount to:
9430_PlanToys_SHAPE_and_SORT_IT_OUT_Learning_and_Education_Mathematical_Fine_Motor_Language_and_Communications_12m_Wooden_toys_Education_toys_Safety_Toys_Non-toxic_0_1800x1800.png

It's probably a bit much to ask, but having real physics in the game would be so nice compared to the pre-baked animations we have now for movement. It really adds something to the gameplay.
We're of the same mind on most of these topics. I'd probably rate traversal as a tie as I didn't really use the horses much while playing BOTW. I also grew tired of switching gear to improve climbing speed/stamina usage. GI traversal is in a weird state since it now varies so much by region. I've recently gone back to Mondstadt for my commissions and it feels weird to not have those Sumeru floating flower things to speed things up. I wouldn't mind if the devs went back and added something like that to the more mountainous areas in Liyue.

One of the biggest negatives of BOTW's combat was the overall lack of enemy variety. By the mid-to-end of the game, I would often just avoid combat since it was getting tedious by that point, just changing the enemy's color and upping their HP didn't alleviate the issue. But you can't break weapons if don't bother fighting anything :pie_thinking: Hopefully this is addressed in the sequel.

I think both games are at their most fun during the early-to-mid game point where you have some resources and gear, but aren't overpowered yet. Early in BOTW, I always found it fun when you stumbled upon a powerful enemy, like a blue Lynel, while exploring a remote area and there were actual stakes to fight.

Pejo

I think both games are at their most fun during the early-to-mid game point where you have some resources and gear, but aren't overpowered yet. Early in BOTW, I always found it fun when you stumbled upon a powerful enemy, like a blue Lynel, while exploring a remote area and there were actual stakes to fight.
I am 2/4 Divine Beasts down now and Wizzrobes still genuinely terrify me when I run into one. Genshin enemies are such pushovers, even if you're massively under-leveled. The new hydro/anemo winged hilichurls for instance. They could have been cool and tough, but they move like they're stuck in a bottle of peanut butter. MHY decided to decimate any offensive threat that they could be and instead just gave them super armor so they can't be interrupted during their 2.8 year animation to do a single swipe of an attack. Genshin needs more actual threat of dying. I mean at this point almost everyone has Zhongli, so they really could stand to up the offensive capabilities of the enemies more. Consecrated Beasts are a step in the right direction, but they're still just more HP sponges than an actual threat, which they should be.

Thing about base BotW is that harder enemies were basically unbeatable until you got high enough gear. Given the fact that you could go through an entire inventory of weapons vs. a Lynel and still only have it at half HP is bullshit. I remember on my switch playthrough being stuck like that a lot with the damn destructible weapons. With infinite durability, I can actually stay and fight those things now, and it's much more satisfying than artificially progress gating me. I stumbled into a high level combat shrine early and died probably 20 times trying to beat that damn thing with a Traveler's sword and a boomerang at 4 max hearts. Eventually I was able to do it, and it was super satisfying. Got some great Guardian weapons as a result. If I didn't have the durability mod, I'd be forced to just give up and come back later.

crumbs

Genshin enemies are such pushovers, even if you're massively under-leveled. The new hydro/anemo winged hilichurls for instance. They could have been cool and tough, but they move like they're stuck in a bottle of peanut butter. MHY decided to decimate any offensive threat that they could be and instead just gave them super armor so they can't be interrupted during their 2.8 year animation to do a single swipe of an attack. Genshin needs more actual threat of dying. I mean at this point almost everyone has Zhongli, so they really could stand to up the offensive capabilities of the enemies more. Consecrated Beasts are a step in the right direction, but they're still just more HP sponges than an actual threat, which they should be.
Slow enemy attack animations are definitely an issue, but how slow the enemies even start to react to you has been problem from the start and only seems to be getting worse. You can run up to the new beefed up hilichurls and drop an elemental skill, switch characters and drop another skill in the time it takes them to get off their asses. It's the same issue with the elite elemental Eremites, it's hard to find them threatening when you have them at half health before they start engaging the player.

Pejo

Slow enemy attack animations are definitely an issue, but how slow the enemies even start to react to you has been problem from the start and only seems to be getting worse. You can run up to the new beefed up hilichurls and drop an elemental skill, switch characters and drop another skill in the time it takes them to get off their asses. It's the same issue with the elite elemental Eremites, it's hard to find them threatening when you have them at half health before they start engaging the player.
Agreed. That's why I mentioned consecrated beasts. They have much higher damage than other enemies, they attack fast, have super armor, and pretty much start attacking as soon as you agro them. Even with all of that though, they really don't amount to much difficulty in the game. I couldn't tell you the last time I actually died in combat due to enemies and not falling to my death/1shot mechanics like Raiden's slice or Scaramouche's meteor thing back when they were new and I didn't have them figured out yet. Even then it's only 1 of four characters, so the chance of you actually dying is very very very slim.

Wonder if a shared HP bar would have been the way to go in Genshin?

crumbs

Agreed. That's why I mentioned consecrated beasts. They have much higher damage than other enemies, they attack fast, have super armor, and pretty much start attacking as soon as you agro them. Even with all of that though, they really don't amount to much difficulty in the game. I couldn't tell you the last time I actually died in combat due to enemies and not falling to my death/1shot mechanics like Raiden's slice or Scaramouche's meteor thing back when they were new and I didn't have them figured out yet. Even then it's only 1 of four characters, so the chance of you actually dying is very very very slim.

Wonder if a shared HP bar would have been the way to go in Genshin?
A shared HP bar would make it harder to implement the HP related skill/burst mechanics, plus it would eliminate the difference between on and off field healing.

Maybe they should have limited reviving "fallen" characters to the Statue of the Seven so you can't revive anyone during combat?

deanote666

Flashbacks of the terrible Lunar game for the Nintendo DS. Couldn't even pick which enemies you attacked (turn based). Getting exp/materials in that game was a pain and you had to pick which you got.

Encountered a monkey that broke my weapon probably after spending at least 10 hours on the game. Turned it off and never turned it back on.

Lunar (sega/ps1) was a great series btw. Just avoid the DS game. Lunar Silver Star and Lunar Eternal Blue (the sequel to Silver Star) are great games.
Made me lookup some review videos.

Review is excellent at the 6 min mark if you want to skip.

Fuz

Banned
Finally happened to me too.

wat.jpg
2Rce3.gif

In other news, just completed the new Challenger achievements
tXaDc.gif
RNG wasn't too bad this time.

Fuz

Banned
"Hat Guy" was a pathetic cop out to not use any name, since we named him (they'll probably regretted that) but I must confess that it made me chuckle.

Not sure why they're still treating him (both the characters and the writers) as he's a villain, since that personality has been erased for good. Or did I miss some details?

Sta-Zoccola-Viecchia.jpg

cikYa.gif

Oh, you have to play Layla's hangout to understand a small exchange between her and Faruzan
(Yes, I'm posting as I play because A) I'm an alt-tab addict and B) their dialogues go on forever and I get bored)

Last edited:
Or did I miss some details?
You did. Reborn virgin Scara decided to regain his old memories which changed back his personality. He's basically the old Scara we knew from before, but we're supposed to forgive him because he realized he was deceived and made some sort of sacrifice to make up for it (which was ultimately pointless). And he's supposedly trustworthy now because Nahida keeps him in check. Also, he's a playable character so that automagically means he's a good guy, just like Childe.

BTW he's well-versed in Inazuman politics. This dumb fuck felt betrayed by a kid that died, but somehow understands politics. This game has such garbage writing sometimes.

Fuz

Banned
You did. Reborn virgin Scara decided to regain his old memories which changed back his personality. He's basically the old Scara we knew from before, but we're supposed to forgive him because he realized he was deceived and made some sort of sacrifice to make up for it (which was ultimately pointless). And he's supposedly trustworthy now because Nahida keeps him in check. Also, he's a playable character so that automagically means he's a good guy, just like Childe.

BTW he's well-versed in Inazuman politics. This dumb fuck felt betrayed by a kid that died, but somehow understands politics. This game has such garbage writing sometimes.
facepalm-statue.jpg

Fuz

Banned
Man, those "familiar faces" entering the play one after another feel like a Bagaglino sketch.

I wish there were other italians in this thread so this joke wouldn't be wasted.
svej4.gif

Pejo

I've been using Mika with Eula to do dailies and level his friendship, and I have to say, he makes using her a lot of fun. Not so useful for her Burst like you'd imagine, since things are dead before it even drops, but buffing her normal attack and attack speed is quite a bit of fun, she hits as fast as a sword character, possibly even faster. I don't think I'd use him long term, but the Cryo resonance along with battery with the buffs is pretty damn nice. If only he wasn't a twink.

Saber

Gold Member
"Hat Guy" was a pathetic cop out to not use any name, since we named him (they'll probably regretted that) but I must confess that it made me chuckle.

Not sure why they're still treating him (both the characters and the writers) as he's a villain, since that personality has been erased for good. Or did I miss some details?

Sta-Zoccola-Viecchia.jpg

cikYa.gif

Oh, you have to play Layla's hangout to understand a small exchange between her and Faruzan
(Yes, I'm posting as I play because A) I'm an alt-tab addict and B) their dialogues go on forever and I get bored)

1 - Good news for me then, I didn't do this retard quest.
2 - Err...it's hard to believe she would have her ass photograph because 1- she wears diapers and 2- she doesn't have one.
3 - It's all downhill from here fellas lmao

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Anyone hates the new event(s)?

I'm really disliking the "project connectivity", the interface is too clunky and cumbersome, placing pieces and testing is too slow, also for me some keys overlap (since I rebinded the movement) making it a double pain.
Fuck Daya.
Rest are the usual ok-ish. Kinda feel they're scared of going a little bit further and making them actually fun and engaging.

Fake

Anyone hates the new event(s)?

I'm really disliking the "project connectivity", the interface is too clunky and cumbersome, placing pieces and testing is too slow, also for me some keys overlap (since I rebinded the movement) making it a double pain.
Fuck Daya.
Rest are the usual ok-ish. Kinda feel they're scared of going a little bit further and making them actually fun and engaging.

Mix bag imo, but I want to know who will win this shit.

Fuz

Banned
w8yjmic3fvwa1.jpg

s9jdv6sgjnwa1.png

And people ask me why I hate italian localization...
Interesting that they swapped "aetiology" and "Vahumana".

Pejo

deanote666 deanote666 gimme that piece for my Dehya.
I'm really, really tempted to give it a try but I know it won't end well. Sooooo no.
If you think Genshin is full of dry text boxes after text boxes, you would really hate Star Rail. Plus the localizers decided to meme it up, so there's all sorts of bullshit references that don't make sense in-universe.
So anyone tackled the new game from Mihoyo, Star rail? What are your thoughts?
I played 2 versions of the beta and tried it on my phone recently to see if they improved anything. It's got a high quality story similar to what JRPGs used to feel like, but they still have every character boil down to 2 moves (their skill and ultimate) and there is a LOT of text. It's really a shame though, the game could be a pretty big hit if it was a standalone JRPG, well I guess Chinese (J?)RPG, but it's ruined in the typical gacha way to keep people playing and addicted. I got through the end of the first area and uninstalled. I don't have enough bandwidth for another game with dailies and weeklies and all that shit.

Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

I just started the Sumeru event tonight and man, I dunno, I'm just not feeling this one. We'll see how it goes, I just did the intro quest and one of each of the minigames to try them out.

I play in English, but they should have just used Don Sombrero for all languages, IMO. It's the superior name.

I don't mind this event. There's a nice variety of (new) activities and the story line seems fine so far. I don't know why some ancient mystery subplot has to be a part of it. Who cares about random Sumeru NPC nr. 372? Only did the first part though, because it's been kinda long-winded.

Finally got to pity on the standard banner, but I just got a dupe Skyward Atlas and a Mika. Way to rain on my parade Genshin. Haven't been very lucky with wishes for a while now.
That's one of the reasons I wouldn't want to start something like Star Rail. You just get all the crappy parts of Genshin along with another time sink of inevitable disappointment.

Fake

MHY have a huge problem right now: The writers.

Is like, I get it, some times you need to force into random NPCs, but there are already unique NPCs on the city, so why wasting time with a NPC that only will be show at the character story quest?

I guess people having trouble with that into Baizhu story quest.
There are already tons of well know NPCs inside Lyiue, but NOOOO lets make the 40th random NPC just for this quest.

crumbs

I just started the Sumeru event tonight and man, I dunno, I'm just not feeling this one. We'll see how it goes, I just did the intro quest and one of each of the minigames to try them out.

I play in English, but they should have just used Don Sombrero for all languages, IMO. It's the superior name.
Agreed, I finally started the new Sumeru event and it's pretty weak considering it's the featured artwork for v3.6. It's a collection of mini-games that highlights some of the over-used or under-baked aspects of GI.

- Minigame that features the clunky Teapot building interface. This was really easy, but it's not fun dealing with the menus and interface. I don't build much in the teapot, so I imagine the menus have become even more burdensome as they've added more & more furniture to the game.
- Combat mini-game with player chosen buffs and debuffs. Can't go a week without this type of content in GI.
- Artifact searching game. This could have been cool, but the explanation text makes this game seem more complex than it was in reality. I also found it to be buggy. In the first area, neither artifact was in the smaller circle on map. This was confusing, so I just ignored the map and used the compasses.
- Astrology mini-game. No complaints, not super exciting, but no glaring issues.
- Rhythm jumping game. Hopefully this gets a little more complex because the first round was almost insulting easy, even for GI.
- The storytelling game: This could have been the best minigame, but it has some issues. I figured out the "Truth" early on, but it makes you go back and ask questions because the game claimed that I didn't have enough info to arrive at the answers. I found this to be really confusing.

As for the voiced story portion, I only did the first part. It was overlong since they had to introduce every single Sumeru character to plotline. Also, bringing a group of "elite" scholars together and having them chase butterflies is definitely not where I saw this story going. Randomly having Deyha and Candice walking around on a shopping trip was a great way to highlight how MiHoYo wasted some good designs on throw-away characters.

crumbs

You have to destroy the electro stones that interfere with the gadget.
I did that and both artifacts in that area were not in the smaller circles. In the second area, the map function did work properly, so that's why I thought it was bugged in the first area.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Saber

Gold Member
- Minigame that features the clunky Teapot building interface. This was really easy, but it's not fun dealing with the menus and interface.

The good thing is that everyone can experience how clunky Teapot is since well...since ever basically.

Top Bottom