• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I'm just imagining the reaction to MHY releasing a mostly empty desert with not much to do in it. That would go over well. All of the current areas are rather dense with activities. I wouldn't assume any different for Sumeru.

I like the Aladdin cave idea, but we've been getting underground/cave related content for a while now, so I'm a bit apprehensive to the idea of more caves.

Fake

It wouldn't make for a very interesting area if it was just desert hills.

I hope those rumors of a free Collei in 3.0 are true. I might have to try my luck on the Ganyu banner for a Dori though.

Pyramids and sand are super appealling IMO, not to mention you can litellary insert an oasis in the middle of the desert.

Pejo

Gold Member
uvs6jc8qidb91.png

s400h9jbzeb91.png

Sumeru rag dancer since god forbid she would wear dancing clothes.

Tiggy's bow.
5iuk57qwscb91.jpg

Pejo

Gold Member
Kaz's quest was ok. I feel like these character quests have gotten way too verbose/wordy lately though. They could cut a lot of the shit lines and still hit all the plot points just fine. At least this one was better than Ayato/Yelan's and we get a cool sword at the end. I guess there's no way to refine it though. It doesn't even have the blue numbers that indicate what would change if it's refined. Still, pretty decent for a free sword.

I need the Archipelago to start ASAP. The game has been too boring for too long. Pretty much after I 100%'d the Chasm, everything has felt like one filler after another.

*edit*

Sara official birthday art. Surprised they didn't spit on her and kick her down a hill instead.
FXmDd1IakAAlc2-.jpg

Damn, just in first day sales, the Klee/Kaz rerun almost reaching top 3 banners. The Kaz envy was real.
u639iwauigb91.png

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Damn....this looks like it might be getting interesting soon.

cc910hvyuib91.jpg

*edit*

VIdeo of the mushroom forest and some actual up close footage of the unfinished desert area so far. Doesn't look so bad, but still not quite what I had hoped. Lots of time for imrpovement though.

Last edited:

Dregnel

if mihoyo wants to power creep/nerf kazuha they just need to make alot of enemies that take only physical damage, physical specters?
what about monsters that have a lot of bombs and throw them on the ground, when kazuha uses his e and attracts all the bombs under him he could die instantly.

Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

the possibilities are endless.

wait a minute...
if the bloom hurts your characters and the crystallization of dendro is like a bomb when you use fire...
when kazuha uses her charged E and lands on top of it..
Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Pejo

Gold Member
wait a minute...
if the bloom hurts your characters and the crystallization of dendro is like a bomb when you use fire...
when kazuha uses her charged E and lands on top of it..
Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
nuclear explosion GIF

The disappointing thing for me is that the Dendro reactions have standard multipliers. the Pyro ones are essentially the same multipliers as Melt/Vape. The only unique one is the electro+dendro one that weakens enemies Electro def.

I will also say that it's not coincidence that they're re-running ranged Pyro characters before Sumeru. This is your hint to roll for Klee or Yoimiya. A safe way to detonate those dendro buds.

Last edited:

Fake

I saw the Sumeru weapons secondary attribute and their effect, besides the catalyst and bow they're pretty bad.

Spear once again will give you EM.

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Those weapons sound bad. Most have an atk% stat with a minor and conditional EM bonus. Since atk% seems rather pointless for most dendro characters, why wouldn't you just use a weapon with EM to begin with?

Pejo

Gold Member

Wow, this is a pretty big buff for Electro. Aggravate looks to be a multiplicative reaction for Electro finally, so like the "melt" of Electro. On top of doing 2x damage, since the enemy will likely already have Quicken on it, it does actually closer to 2.5x damage with the electro defense reduction.

Electro is going to be eating good after 3.0 finally. Polish off your Keqings.

Also, new teen boy Mondstadt character, whoopie.
ugw6tuep5kb91.jpg

Man, versions 3.x are all about male characters.

Fake

Wow, this is a pretty big buff for Electro. Aggravate looks to be a multiplicative reaction for Electro finally, so like the "melt" of Electro. On top of doing 2x damage, since the enemy will likely already have Quicken on it, it does actually closer to 2.5x damage with the electro defense reduction.

Electro is going to be eating good after 3.0 finally. Polish off your Keqings.

Also, new teen boy Mondstadt character, whoopie.
ugw6tuep5kb91.jpg

Man, versions 3.x are all about male characters.

Good for my Lisa.

About the males new chars, lets just assume making male chars are good safe spot right now. They don't get backlash for being sexy over social media because man can be sexy in games, can use more or less shirt/clothes and at this point male chars are the less affected by their creators design vision conflict over the company (designer make a design, company ask to modify = conflict).

Pejo

Gold Member
I saw the Sumeru weapons secondary attribute and their effect, besides the catalyst and bow they're pretty bad.

Spear once again will give you EM.

Man, except the spear and maybe the sword, these are all kinda shit. The spear looks pretty good on Xiangling if you have a Dendro in the party.

That catalyst perfectly encapsulates MHY's current design philosophy:

"Is it 4*? Yes? Then fuck it's shit right up. 4*s aren't allowed to be good"

About the males new chars, lets just assume making male chars are good safe spot right now. They don't get backlash for being sexy over social media because man can be sexy in games, can use more or less shirt/clothes and at this point male chars are the less affected by their creators design vision conflict over the company (designer make a design, company ask to modify = conflict).
Yea I guess, but boy they're really overloading us with males here. Hopefully this means that some of the females will get stronger kits rather than depending on tits to sell their banners.

*edit*

Hey R Reizo Ryuu

Latest Honkai spoilers, hot off the presses:
Herrscher Ely. Nobody knows yet if it's the HoC, or Herrscher of Ego or an evolved form of the Elf or what, but this just got leaked:

2kqo00s89mb91.jpg

Last edited:
Hey R Reizo Ryuu

Latest Honkai spoilers, hot off the presses:
Herrscher Ely. Nobody knows yet if it's the HoC, or Herrscher of Ego or an evolved form of the Elf or what, but this just got leaked:

2kqo00s89mb91.jpg

Dope, looks like I can go into saving mode again and fully skip 2.8 and 2.9, it's probably ego/self, same as the signet.

Pejo

Gold Member
i would help but i'm lost since chasm i don't know where to go or what do anymore, i'm begging they let me jump to sumeru without requirements.
Hopefully you at least have the Inazuma archon quest done. That's going to be a pre-req for sure.

Dregnel

Hopefully you at least have the Inazuma archon quest done. That's going to be a pre-req for sure.
yes i have done the last main quest in inazuma, the problem with me is the long breaks when I come back I have a lot of quests with many requirements.
I know that I am not the only one because we have new guide book in game now, but is kinda useless.
3xJn6AB.png

Pejo

Gold Member
God, they never stop talking.
Yea I can't place exactly when it started happening, but the 5* character quests are super verbose now with a lot of "flavor" dialogue that does nothing to move the quest forward and is entirely uninteresting. Like the writers are starting enjoy the smell of their own farts all of the sudden. The first place I noticed it being insufferable was Ayato's quest, but Yelan's was bad too. Kaz's quest is still too much, but at least it's marginally a more interesting story.

Hangouts have been very up and down too, quality wise. Beidou's was the gold standard for me personally, then Ning's, Noelle's, and Sayu's. The rest were forgettable or awful, the male characters being usually the worst like Chongus' fake ghost hunts and popsicle sharing adventures.

yes i have done the last main quest in inazuma, the problem with me is the long breaks when I come back I have a lot of quests with many requirements.
I know that I am not the only one because we have new guide book in game now, but is kinda useless.
3xJn6AB.png
I realize that tastes are subjective and a lot of people don't read the quest dialogue, but the unvoiced world quests, to me, are the very best that Genshin have to offer, in terms of quality story/worldbuilding/lore. I'm talking the bigger side quests like the Tsurumi Island quest, the Enka quest, Chasm quest, Secret Ninja slip reading quest, etc. The little "go here, give this guy 3 carrots and wait 24 hours" ones suck ass.

Pejo

Gold Member
Sad day for Genshin. Everyone's just enslaved by the meta.
I think it was a lot of things, not just meta. He's one of the most fun characters to play, good in almost any non-Geo team, he's the Archon of Looting, best traversal character, he had good character stories, he blocked Shogun's unblockable sword attack, weeb bait sheathing animations, one of the few good male characters that both "husbando" people and just regular people can enjoy, and most people skipped him in 1.8 due to Inazuma being around the corner. His domination in abyss definitely plays into it, but I don't think we'd have seen those numbers if it was just a strong character.

I think if he had better constellations, we'd see even higher numbers than this. As it is, he's one of the few newer characters that does everything he needs to at C0. Not that his constellations aren't upgrades, but they're not Eula/Ayaka/Hu Tao tier.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Don't mind me, I just have an irrational hatred for popular male characters. The constant praise for him just pisses me off, so disregard anything else I say from here on. His story sucked, his personality is non-existent and he looks like Aether without the crop top which makes him only slightly less gay. He constantly whines about his dead friend and his grandpa's defunct clan and adds nothing otherwise. Even his shining moment was an ass pull. The best thing about this rerun is that people will finally shut up about him in about three weeks.

Pejo

Gold Member
So apparently Tiggy's elemental skill has a "confusion" mechanic, which in practice is just an undirected taunt. Not game-changing or anything, but interesting all the same.

Dregnel

So apparently Tiggy's elemental skill has a "confusion" mechanic, which in practice is just an undirected taunt. Not game-changing or anything, but interesting all the same.

In my day you used to throw teddy bears to attract monsters, now you throw marijuana.

Top Bottom