• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

7vwuyenv8xa91.jpg
So I looked up his "sources", and it's just a document with a bunch of leaks typed on it. Literally no proof whatsoever.

nTLdJq4.jpg

SSfox

I think they look super cool, but no way those will be playble characters, those are meant to be bad guys (even tho some them may have a good side like Tarta case), maybe some of them like 1,2 or three maybe? but can't tell for sure
6F9rt5B.png

People are overhyping themselves too much for those characters as future playable characters, seems like no lesson learned from Signora
6F9rt5B.png

Fuz

Banned
I think they look super cool, but no way those will be playble characters, those are meant to be bad guys (even tho some them may have a good side like Tarta case), maybe some of them like 1,2 or three maybe? but can't tell for sure
6F9rt5B.png

People are overhyping themselves too much for those characters as future playable characters, seems like no lesson learned from Signora
6F9rt5B.png
its-time-to-stop.jpg

Saber

Gold Member
6F9rt5B.png

6F9rt5B.png

Same thing I say to my brother.
People like to overdose themselves with hopium.

Pejo

gdx64go9rya91.jpg

7vjh2lbuqxa91.png

So apparently Lisa's upcoming skin is related to the Sumeru academy. So I guess it'll be a modified version of one of those robes we've seen the researchers wear?

pw45mtlqoxa91.jpg

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
So apparently Lisa's upcoming skin is related to the Sumeru academy. So I guess it'll be a modified version of one of those robes we've seen the researchers wear?
As I said days ago on reddit, I'm gonna bet Lisa's skin theme is "less skin".

Pejo

As I said days ago on reddit, I'm gonna bet Lisa's skin theme is "less skin".
I think with the costumes we've gotten, that's an absolute certainty at this point. I don't even care about the female skins anymore, not a single one has been better than the default outfits. Ning's came the closest, and is the only one I gave generally favorable feedback for. Diluc's is good but not $30 good.

Music from upcoming 2.8 domains:

• Surprised
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

They still have the autistic dare to call that more in tone with all elements. What a joke, 3 elements are missing. The guy who make this chart even misses cryo.
Cryo hasn't had a reaction with Dendro at all, throughout the leak process. There was that one leak that said it would have a reaction, but that was the outlier, and seems to be wrong.

Klee banner will be identical as Kazuha, right?
Yep

Last edited:

crumbs

Considering how long it's taken the devs to release dendro, it's pretty disappointing that dendro doesn't react with all the elements in some fashion. It's probably best to reserve judgement until we get to actually play with dendro, but what they've shown feels half-assed and clunky.

Saber

Gold Member
Cryo hasn't had a reaction with Dendro at all, throughout the leak process. There was that one leak that said it would have a reaction, but that was the outlier, and seems to be wrong.

When I said he missed Cryo was about the fact there are no Cryo reactions with Dendro at all. It should be reflected in the chart as a note, similar to Anemo and Geo.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I always found dendro pointless anyway. Always felt more like a new annoyance than a fun new mechanic.

It's not even an element.

Pejo

I'm interested in Dendro. It looks like a more deliberate and purposeful reaction grouping than the normal reactions, which are mostly just side effects of just using elements in your team. There's no intelligence to it.

It's fine to just have reactions be an afterthought, but I am also interested in trying to hit specific effects. It adds a layer of complexity to a battle system that admittedly is starting to get a little stale. Hopefully it will also be used in boss strategies instead of just giving them 3 million HP, 7 invulnerability phases, and calling it a day. I'm all for making players master mechanics to succeed in battle instead of making it all about artifact substats.

Last edited:

crumbs

I'm interested in Dendro. It looks like a more deliberate and purposeful reaction grouping than the normal reactions, which are mostly just side effects of just using elements in your team. There's no intelligence to it.

It's fine to just have reactions be an afterthought, but I am also interested in trying to hit specific effects. It adds a layer of complexity to a battle system that admittedly is starting to get a little stale. Hopefully it will also be used in boss strategies instead of just giving them 3 million HP, 7 invulnerability phases, and calling it a day. I'm all for making players master mechanics to succeed in battle instead of making it all about artifact substats.

There's definitely some potential to dendro and it's system of stacking elemental reactions beyond just "two elemental = a reaction" could be interesting. My biggest concerns would be:

- How much will this slow down combat? You'll potentially need to switch out characters twice to induce certain reactions.
- Related to the last concern: how easy will it be for enemies to ruin a 3 element reaction with their own elements? This can already happen with normal elemental reactions, but trying to setup longer multi-element reactions would increase the frustration when they are interfered with.
- How powerful will these dendro reactions be? I know a lot of folks in this thread don't care about balance, but having dendro be too powerful (shifting the meta to dendro characters over existing characters) or too weak (players wouldn't bother with the new reactions) would be a drag.

My prediction is that dendro will be "fine". It'll be reasonably powerful, but not enough to shift the game. There will probably be a set of enemies and a boss or two that require/strongly encourage dendro reactions, otherwise we'll have mostly moved on from it by the time Fontaine gets released.

• Thoughtful

Pejo

- How much will this slow down combat? You'll potentially need to switch out characters twice to induce certain reactions.
I think they can make it easily worth the trouble if the 3rd 'tier' reaction is sufficiently powerful. Like you do the Bloom (Hydro + Dendro), it shits out the little seed thing, then you cap it off with Pyro and it does BIG damage. That could be a really satisfying mechanic to finish off groups of enemies. I dunno if anybody here ever played Final Fantasy XI, but it would almost work like a skillchain from that game.

- Related to the last concern: how easy will it be for enemies to ruin a 3 element reaction with their own elements? This can already happen with normal elemental reactions, but trying to setup longer multi-element reactions would increase the frustration when they are interfered with.
Very true. It's going to be hard to do Burgeon reactions while standing in water, etc. That could be a major downfall. I wonder if they'll add a grace period from when the seed forms before it's reactable with other elements.
- How powerful will these dendro reactions be? I know a lot of folks in this thread don't care about balance, but having dendro be too powerful (shifting the meta to dendro characters over existing characters) or too weak (players wouldn't bother with the new reactions) would be a drag.
Yea this is the hinge for me. Make that 3rd tier reaction POWERFUL if we need to do all of the setup for it. If it's not at least stronger than current Vape/Melt by a BIG margin, it's not going to be worth it. You can just use Klee/Hu Tao with Xingqiu and vape every other hit for way more (easier) damage. So they need to hit hard.
My prediction is that dendro will be "fine". It'll be reasonably powerful, but not enough to shift the game. There will probably be a set of enemies and a boss or two that require/strongly encourage dendro reactions, otherwise we'll have mostly moved on from it by the time Fontaine gets released.
Guess we'll see when the beta releases. I am hopeful though. I like that different reactions affect the open world puzzles and enemies/enemy drops. That's a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

Pejo

There's another thing you're not considering.

Autotargeting.

Good luck targeting the seeds.
Diluc about to get 1000x more popular.

Press button - disregard aiming.
Un2Huon.jpg

Also, this is almost the exact design I had in mind for Varka. I like it a lot, and still hope we get a grizzled old man (instead of the regal/posh/dapper old man like Pierro) for his character model.

bxxavzgthya91.jpg

Last edited:

Fake

I do agree asking for more than one reaction will increase the battle time.

With make me ask if there is some stupid going on in this company vision, I mean: More time inside the game = more engage = more likely someone will spend money.

They do want battle to take more time, as there are and will be more story progress limiter to stop you progressing in the sidequest, as happen in Inazuma.

BUUUUTTT, is beyond stupid making battle more time consuming and AT THE SAME TIME putting a time counter every challenge you face.

There's another thing you're not considering.

Autotargeting.

Good luck targeting the seeds.

Since... the fucking... beta... I asking for this shit.

Is a lost hope.

Last edited:
  • Empathy

Pejo

What do you guys think about Baizhu and Pantalone?

vpwa2lmkuva91.jpg
23nzpyhkuva91.jpg

Brothers? Same person? MHY getting lazy with designing characters?

Also, there's a theory starting up that Marionette is the one behind controlling the Katherynes.

Apparently her 'puppets' are actually people that are/were once alive, overwritten with a program or cyborg'd or something.

isne0tid2ya91.png

*edit*

Also a good chance that Capitano is the knight from the Bloodstained Chivalry artifact set.

Last edited:

deanote666

*Laughs in Chrono Cross true ending*

You need to use 7 elements in the right order and the boss can mess it up.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member

vpwa2lmkuva91.jpg
23nzpyhkuva91.jpg

Also, there's a theory starting up that Marionette is the one behind controlling the Katherynes.

Apparently her 'puppets' are actually people that are/were once alive, overwritten with a program or cyborg'd or something.

isne0tid2ya91.png

*edit*

Also a good chance that Capitano is the knight from the Bloodstained Chivalry artifact set.

Judging the lack of new faces for NPCS, reused animations(female placing their hand in the chest for instance) and reused character models for npcs, I would say lazy. All Sumeru will probably be a bunch of reused everything npcs.

Last edited:

deanote666

Judging the lack of new faces for NPCS, reused animations(female plancing their hand in the chest for instance) and reused character models for npcs, I would say lazy. All Sumeru will probably be a bunch of reused everything npcs.
square Enix said Final Fantasy XIII didn't have towns since towns were "too hard" to do at that level of graphics.

Never underestimate a company's willingness to cut corners.

Fake

vpwa2lmkuva91.jpg
23nzpyhkuva91.jpg

I never get tired calling MHY lazy in that departament, but to be honest would be fucking cool is those two end up being twin brothers.

• Thoughtful

Pejo

So I'm a little late, but patchly reminder to not do your weekly bosses/reputation bounties/quests until after the patch tomorrow. And don't do your dailies until after the patch.

*edit*

Dang, fan artists are fast.

Columbina
5um6tzl0m2b91.jpg

vhao5w8piza91.jpg

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
So I'm a little late, but patchly reminder to not do your weekly bosses/reputation bounties/quests until after the patch tomorrow. And don't do your dailies until after the patch.

*edit*

Dang, fan artists are fast.

Columbina
5um6tzl0m2b91.jpg

vhao5w8piza91.jpg
The whole subreddit was "I DREW ARLECCHINO! AM I ORIGINAL GUYZ OR WHAT?" yesterday.
patchly reminder to not do your weekly bosses/reputation bounties/quests until after the patch tomorrow
Porco dio too late.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Wasted all my pulls and the game didn't give me a single Kaede. Instead it gave me another Qiqi. Fuck this game...its the 5th time on a bad luck streak, with the game barelly giving me anything worth it. I'm really moody, thats the exact sign to give yet another break from this game.

Last edited:

deanote666

Won the 50/50 for Kazuha on my crystal mining account.

Got Kazuha to C1 on my main account with saved primos in under 40 wishes (1 copy on this banner).

Got Heizou C1 on my main.

Less than 5000 AR exp away form AR60.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Are you referring to the standard banner?

Never expect good things from the standard banner.

I'm talking about Kazuha banner.

Best part of the 2.8 update, Specters can be CC'd :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Makes no different to me whatsoever. Most of people probably already farm those nightmares and don't have any reason to fight them anymore. Me on the other side never had any reason to fight them, let alone explore all those stupid isles.

Pejo

Best part of the 2.8 update, Specters can be CC'd :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Yea I read that yesterday, so nice. I'm glad I didn't rush farming Specters for Shinobu's talents. Now it should be significantly less frustrating.

If only there was an area with a big grouping of them...

So I did a single 10 roll on the Kaz banner, got Heizou, and I'm out! Saving til Sumeru.

I feel a little bamboozled that the Archipelago didn't open up at the start. Does it start tomorrow or is it a "2nd half" of 2.8 thing? I hope that's not the case.

Heizou was better on paper, I feel. I don't see myself using him much. He wasn't particularly fun in the trial. Ah well. At least his animations are cool.

Anybody else have music problems since the update? I had like 3-4 areas that just had zero music whatsoever. It was kinda jarring considering that music is almost always playing normally. I might need to do a repair files or something.

Last edited:

crumbs

Yea I read that yesterday, so nice. I'm glad I didn't rush farming Specters for Shinobu's talents. Now it should be significantly less frustrating.

If only there was an area with a big grouping of them...

So I did a single 10 roll on the Kaz banner, got Heizou, and I'm out! Saving til Sumeru.

I feel a little bamboozled that the Archipelago didn't open up at the start. Does it start tomorrow or is it a "2nd half" of 2.8 thing? I hope that's not the case.

Heizou was better on paper, I feel. I don't see myself using him much. He wasn't particularly fun in the trial. Ah well. At least his animations are cool.

Anybody else have music problems since the update? I had like 3-4 areas that just had zero music whatsoever. It was kinda jarring considering that music is almost always playing normally. I might need to do a repair files or something.

I think it starts on July 15th.

I had no pity currently on the limited banner, so I did 40 pulls on the off chance that I would get a Kazuha constellation, but no luck. Ended up with a Thoma con, 2 more cons for Ningguang (who was already at C6), a random Fischl con (also already at C6) and a Heizou. Still need to figure out if he's worth building out or not.

No music issues, but I didn't have much time to play last night after the update completed.

SSfox

Got my boy Kazuho finally!!!

But fucking Keking really stuck on me now bruh!!! Lost 50/50 on Kazu with Keking, then lost 50/50 on Klee banner with guess who? Keking.

And before that last time i lost 50/50 was with Keking...
And week before i got a character in the perma banner that was... Keking
ep6MRdD.png

So basically 4 Keking in a row. Okay i got the message, gonna build her later
SrQJVMS.png

(EDIT: Well actually i pulled in Lyue city, maybe that explain, need to pull somewhere else next time maybe?)

Anyway Kazuha is awesome, and Heizou sounds fun, also got Ninguang C6 which also is neat
ZODqkTK.jpg

Last edited:

crumbs

Terrible pull. I got Keqing, Thoma, Nig, Noelle, Xinyan and Skyward Claymore... Not even Heizo come.

I didn't know you could get 5 star weapons on the limited character banner. Getting Xinyan when she's not a rate up character is pretty rough.

But fucking Keking really stuck on me now bruh!!! Lost 50/50 on Kazu with Keking, then lost 50/50 on Klee banner with guess who? Keking.

And before that last time i lost 50/50 was with Keking...
And week before i got a character in the perma banner that was... Keking
ep6MRdD.png

So basically 4 Keking in a row. Okay i got the message, gonna build her a later
SrQJVMS.png

(EDIT: Well actually i pulled in Lyue city, maybe that explain, need to pull somewhere else next time maybe?)

Hopefully the new Dendro + Electro reactions will add some value back to Keqing, but getting her constellations when losing the 50/50 will continue to suck no matter what.

Fake

I didn't know you could get 5 star weapons on the limited character banner. Getting Xinyan when she's not a rate up character is pretty rough.

Why they keep giving Keqing? I already have 3C and no Dilluc...

Just to give you an ideia I only pull in this banner because Heizo, but not even him I got. Gonna refarm primos all over again. Much work for collecting material for him... no way I not miss getting him.

Noelle is not even in this fucking banner for Archon sake.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I maybe pull a little. I'm at 24 pity and miss both Thoma and Heizou.

Not sure if better Kaz C1 or a brand new Klee, toh. :goog_unsure:

crumbs

Klee's an acquired taste, her playstyle can be described as a little clunky since it requires a lot of animation cancelling. She actually pairs well with Kazuha since his elemental skill can suck her bombs in with enemies, which really helps maximize her skill damage. I know you recently pulled Diluc, but I'm not sure if you have any other pyro DPS characters that would be preferred over Klee.

Kazuha's C1 seems like a "nice to have" not a "must have". However, his C2 seems like a major boost for team damage.

Fake

Kazuha is one of him best constelation besides C6, no?

Can't say for Klee. You need much pratice to adapt her playerstyle, I quite like it. Shame no cons so far for her.

Pejo

I would recommend playing Klee's trial enough to come to terms if you like her gameplay or not. I hated it, and I imagine it only gets worse in the actual game world when you have to take obstacles/elevation changes/etc into account.

I have Yanfei if I need that kind of character, even if she's not as strong.

Yoimiya's a way better Pyro character in my opinion.

Top Bottom