• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

crumbs

Kazuha is one of him best constelation besides C6, no?

Can't say for Klee. You need much pratice to adapt her playerstyle, I quite like it. Shame no cons so far for her.

All of Kazuha's constellations look pretty good, but his C2 and C6 both look like major boosts to his kit, helping both team and his own personal damage.

Fake

All of Kazuha's constellations look pretty good, but his C2 and C6 both look like major boosts to his kit, helping both team and his own personal damage.

I don't get much into energy recharge, but is quite like Xiao. Xiao constellations are crap, the C1 is amazing and C6 is OP.

Reseting elemental skill is very powerful for a C1.

Fuz

Banned
I don't get much into energy recharge, but is quite like Xiao. Xiao constellations are crap, the C1 is amazing and C6 is OP.

Not really. Ele skill cooldown is so low that you'll realistically never need a reset.

crumbs

His C1 only fully resets his skill CD while using his burst. Otherwise it's 10% CD reduction on the skill cooldown, which is normally 9 seconds, so it would roughly knock a second off the skill CD. Definitely a strong constellation if you can keep his burst up and ready.

Fake

Not really. Ele skill cooldown is so low that you'll realistically never need a reset.

Not only for battle purposes, but for exploration as well. IDK you, but staying in the air in sittuations like the abyss challenge is very good. I do this all the time with Xiao on abyss challenge.

His C1 only fully resets his skill CD while using his burst. Otherwise it's 10% CD reduction on the skill cooldown, which is normally 9 seconds, so it would roughly knock a second off the skill CD. Definitely a strong constellation if you can keep his burst up and ready.

Yeah, will vary between playerstyle. I guess if you put a weapon with secondary attribute not being energy recharge, would be very good.

Pejo

Please, don't pull for 4 stars.
Yea.... hahahaha......

7wpu4773ima91.jpg

She actually fits a lot more team comps than I originally thought, and really like her in a bunch of domains and teams. Her HP drain mechanic kinda sucks, but C2 mostly fixes it. C1 is absolutely mandatory though, she's trash without it.

Holy shit! the madmen are actually updating Hydro resonance. It's no longer always the worst one!

1bxfgw7qccb91.jpg

Last edited:

Fake

Yea.... hahahaha......

7wpu4773ima91.jpg

She actually fits a lot more team comps than I originally thought, and really like her in a bunch of domains and teams. Her HP drain mechanic kinda sucks, but C2 mostly fixes it. C1 is absolutely mandatory though, she's trash without it.

Holy shit! the madmen are actually updating Hydro resonance. It's no longer always the worst one!

1bxfgw7qccb91.jpg

About fucking time. Xingu and Yelan will be the ultimate combo for me.

Last edited:

crumbs

I was thinking on use the other Skyward Claymore on Razor...

Good or bad ideia?

Should be fine. Not sure how much Razor benefits from the ER secondary stat, but the passive fits with Razor's burst heavy damage potential. I have my Skyward Pride on Chongyun, but I don't have that many claymore characters, so he gets it for lack of other options.

Yea.... hahahaha......

7wpu4773ima91.jpg

1bxfgw7qccb91.jpg

Hydro resonance = HP increase is such a no-brainer, kinda sad it took them almost 2 years to figure it out. This will be a boon to Yelan + Xingqiu teams.

Pejo

Should be fine. Not sure how much Razor benefits from the ER secondary stat, but the passive fits with Razor's burst heavy damage potential. I have my Skyward Pride on Chongyun, but I don't have that many claymore characters, so he gets it for lack of other options.

Hydro resonance = HP increase is such a no-brainer, kinda sad it took them almost 2 years to figure it out. This will be a boon to Yelan + Xingqiu teams.
Hu Tao + Xingqiu + Yelan + Zhongli is now even more of a powerhouse team.

This is also good for Barbara/Kokomi.

The only ones it doesn't benefit are Childe and Ayato. But that's fine because you don't want to run them in 2x Hydro anyways.

You're right, this was one of the easiest moves to make that you have to wonder why it took them so long.

Fake

Chield and Ayato are already a powerhouse, so increase their HP as much don't make their kit better, will make them even more bulk for close combat purposes.

The ideia of making Hydro resonance a 'healing cause' is silly since the beginning.

Pejo

Chield and Ayato are already a powerhouse, so increase their HP as much don't make their kit better, will make them even more bulk for close combat purposes.

The ideia of making Hydro resonance a 'healing cause' is silly since the beginning.
Well almost all of the healers scale in some way from HP, so by having it as the resonance it makes it useful to them but not useless to 90% of the rest of the cast. It was just a good move in general.

Fake

Well almost all of the healers scale in some way from HP, so by having it as the resonance it makes it useful to them but not useless to 90% of the rest of the cast. It was just a good move in general.

Indeed. As I said, most scale with health, but in RPG increase HP always a wellcome bonus no matter your kit.

Just a shame that took so much time for them to realize.

Ayato has some HP scaling, no?

In the same level as Yelan? Never read his kit so much, are his kit totally HP based?

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
What a strange set of banners for you to splurge on, but can't argue with the results. Congrats!
Well, I was missing both Thoma and Heizou and I'm kind of a collector usually...
(Bad choice of games to be a collector, I know)
(I'm ashamed to admit I also like pulling)

Anyway, I just noticed monster drops are increased and grouped. Killed a mage and got an item with a (2) on it.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
The one at 3 minutes is pretty good.

Edit: Yeah, no, they're all quite good.

Is this lalala for real?
I think it would be nice if it weren't for the awful autotune.
Probably archon theme.

Forecast: we're not gonna have desert zone for at least some months. We'll only get jungle for now (or even just part of it).
They'll follow Inazuma's release system.

Last edited:

Pejo

Is this lalala for real?
Better than YYEEEEOOOAAAAIIIWWEEEEEIIIII. It has kind of a Zelda vibe to it. I bet that's Kusanali singing to us. Towards the end it sounds more like a vocaloid.

One thing I never worry about is that Genshin's music is going to be fantastic.

Fuck yes, we're getting more team slots. up from 4 to 10!

xm3jeabfcdb91.png

Looks like 3.0 is going to be a nice QoL version

Pejo

1wgsbrhr8db91.png

New Billets. I guess that means if you were saving your Northlander ones, it's safe to splurge now. Or maybe they'll be relevant again when Natlan hits? Who knows. Either way we're getting new ones.

Full Dori showcase.

Still can't believe they gave entirely unique attack animations to a 4* healer.

Last edited:

Fake

1wgsbrhr8db91.png

New Billets. I guess that means if you were saving your Northlander ones, it's safe to splurge now. Or maybe they'll be relevant again when Natlan hits? Who knows. Either way we're getting new ones.

This is SOME BULLSHIT. No fucking way.

edit: False alarm.

Last edited:

SSfox

Haven't play Lumine in a while, but i think i will use her in 3.0

Still not sure what art i'm gonna use. Maybe 2P Vagabond + 2P Glad with an ATK cup, until i get a Dendro cup.

Pejo

Still very bullshitto.
Why the fuck do they have to overcomplicate things? Like inventory isn't a mess already.
Yea I thought the whole reason they made new ones was to punish hoarders, but if you can just convert them, there's no point whatsoever.

Reactions: Fuz

Fake

Still very bullshitto.
Why the fuck do they have to overcomplicate things? Like inventory isn't a mess already.

Yeah have to agree. All this plus making foes dropping different itens for the elemental reaction you finish don't make a game attractive for new players at all.

BTW, Dendro traveler boring as fuck. Anemo traveler still supremes for me.

Fuz

Banned
Yeah have to agree. All this plus making foes dropping different itens for the elemental reaction you finish don't make a game attractive for new players at all.

BTW, Dendro traveler boring as fuck. Anemo traveler still supremes for me.
Anemo traveler actually got a pretty cool and fun kit.
Too bad the numbers are those of the traveler, and the whirpool is unpractical.

Pejo

Looks like they're adding more shadow gradients. So far away/larger items will cast softer shadows than up close things.

myjgz075fdb91.png

This is a small change but goes a long way into making the world feel polished. I'm liking it a lot.

Some new tools/materials for Sumeru
e4zo42lbcbb91.jpg

Glad they didn't forget about fishing entirely. Wish they'd do something with it again. Even a long grind shop item like the R5 "The Catch" would be appreciated. We're also getting the seelie event back, looks like, and a new camera/stove/instrument. That's at least 5 events leaked right from this one picture. Dendroculus looks like it might be tough to see amongst all the green.

*edit*

Say hello to the next artifact sets you'll be farming in hell for the next 6 months to a year:
ttyy3uzjdcb91.jpg

kr33pwqhdcb91.jpg

3.0 Content:
nvstb5fmacb91.png

New fish and wood:
kbz54vicpcb91.png

New furniture (Is that a fishtank for fish displaying indoors??):
8gqaf3wb9db91.png

Bloom explanation:
u6mx9niltdb91.png

Wings:
km8idcc66bb91.png

First shot of the desert region (Dragonspine'd with low res models for now until it's finished).
2kniyeD.jpeg

Last edited:

Pejo

Also, dunno if this is just for the new hacked client that got out, but there's 5 party members + a guest for this video.... hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

• Triggered
Reactions: Fuz
More like a canyon or Texas desert. I was expecting Egypt kinda like desert.
It wouldn't make for a very interesting area if it was just desert hills.

I hope those rumors of a free Collei in 3.0 are true. I might have to try my luck on the Ganyu banner for a Dori though.

Pejo

It wouldn't make for a very interesting area if it was just desert hills.
I was hoping for lots of dunes with shifting/time of day opened twisting caverns underneath. Like the Cave of Wonders from Aladdin. So like shifting dunes on top, secret caves underneath. Throw in a few mandatory Oasis stops, bam, cool desert area.
I hope those rumors of a free Collei in 3.0 are true. I might have to try my luck on the Ganyu banner for a Dori though.
Free Collei would be amazing. Which means it won't happen.

Fuz

Banned
Apart from the occasional rock or oasis, what is there to find or do in a desert?
You don't need to have a checklist of activities for everything.
A big, empty desert in which to get lost, the occasional (rare) oasis, some ruins half buried in sand, monsters that ambush you from under the sand, maybe a tuareg caravan between encampments... there's tons of possibilities.
Besides, the big empty is incredibly atmospheric and evocative in itself.

But no. Mountains to climb. Oh joy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom