• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you'd kill to have a multiplayer scene resurrected for.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
W2UNAkt.jpg

So much fun!

81fqvh0yVlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Few multiplayer games addicted me as much as this. Too bad it was a commercial failure and, a few months after the game's launch, on console you'd only find a couple hundred players tops, many of which hackers. This game redesigned with a F2P model in mind would do wonders today imho.

xrnzaaas

I'm not a huge fan of multiplayer, but I was quite engaged in all of the social components of Driveclub like creating custom challenges with friends and gaffers participating. It's a shame it's completely dead now because of the server closure and all of your challenges and leaderboard times got wiped.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
Unreal 2004. The peak of that game cannot be matched and it’s weird to me how much people complain yet the unreal on epic store goes unplayed as it does.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Pso1.

Pso2 is just a chore , over saturated with bloated meaningless stuff.

I also wish to go back to the 6th gen online gaming. To discover the beginning of mmorpg on console(everquest,ff11) and early Xbox live days.

Last edited:

Desudzer10

Halo 2
Killzone 2
Homefront( the first one). I know I'm in the minority with this game but i loved the multiplayer and how it was set up.

Belmonte

Uncharted 2 beta
Metal Gear Online 2

These three I didn't play but I wish I did:

Metal Gear Online 1
Pandora Tomorrow/ Chaos Theory: Spies vs Mercs
Twisted Metal PS3

Isa

Red Faction Guerilla. I miss sniping ppl through multiple walls with a railgun, learning weapon and ammo spawn locations, using multiple awesome weapons to tear through buildings to get guys hiding inside, or myself respawning and running inside for gear only to take out the pillars that held the thing up and have it tumble around me while I jetpack through a window or the roof. The Rhino pack was also a blast to use. Also the struggle to fight and race agianst other players for the mini-nuke launcher thing was great too! So many great memories. Can't believe no one has topped that game's destruction since, I don't think that voxel game is that impressive tbh.

I know it has a remaster out, but I try to avoid remasters with a few exceptions. I want a new game. I bet the mp is just as small and dead as the first.

A KZ2 remake for PS5 and a WarHawk remake/sucessor for PS5.

Thise games and the MP communitiea around them were thw saving grace of competitive online MP for me. Some of the best MP gaming of all time.

Zoanoid33

Socom for sure.

A remake of Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield

Battlefield going back to what it was pre BF1

Console space is wide open for tactical/realistic shooters. Can't believe no one has captured this audience for almost a decade now.

Flintty

Back in the early days of Xbox live there were two games that stuck out. Unreal Championship and Return to Castle Wolfenstein. These games made me friends I still know today.

The skill curve on UC was brutal and I did pretty well!

special mention for CounterStrike Xbox. That was fucking awesome.

Naked Lunch

Quake 3 Arena
Team Fortress Classic
Day of Defeat
Battlefield 2 and 3 PC
Street Fighter 3

FPS for this entire past gen have been complete shit. Battle Royale and Hero Shooterz are garbage and always will be. Battlefield at its heights was untouchable. I used to have a huge crew that played BF at a very high level for years - this entire gen didnt have a single good entry. Crazy to see how far that series has fallen.

I blame this all on the new age of game designers - they simply dont understand how to make a good MP. All the talent left or retired years ago.
At least the golden age of Halo is preserved and still populated with the MCC.

Battlefield 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Company of Heroes

And just out of curiosity Killzone 2 (only fps I ever played on a console)
I absolutely LOVED Bad Company 2's multiplayer! Some of the most fun I had in a multiplayer game! The maps, the sound effects, the explosions and destruction never got old!

Quake 3 Arena
Team Fortress Classic
Day of Defeat
Battlefield 2 and 3 PC
Street Fighter 3

FPS for this entire past gen have been complete shit. Battle Royale and Hero Shooterz are garbage and always will be. Battlefield at its heights was untouchable. I used to have a huge crew that played BF at a very high level for years - this entire gen didnt have a single good entry. Crazy to see how far that series has fallen.

I blame this all on the new age of game designers - they simply dont understand how to make a good MP. All the talent left or retired years ago.
At least the golden age of Halo is preserved and still populated with the MCC.
Ow yeah, Battlefield 2 was amazing.

Tschumi

This might sound silly but I have extremely fond memories of me bashing my friends skull in Conkers Bad Fur Day with bone clubs and baseball bats as a weasel in the heist game mode. I would kill for that, to stream it and play it on next gen hardware.
somewhat related and i thought conker: live and reloaded was both one of the best looking games on xbox and had a really tight multiplayer setup

Unreal 2004. The peak of that game cannot be matched and it’s weird to me how much people complain yet the unreal on epic store goes unplayed as it does.
i loved ut2k4... i could never get a copy of the game for myself, but i played the hell outta plain UT and insisted to all my friends that i would be a badass at ut2k4... not only did i wipe the floor with their faces any time i played them, i also did pretty well on full online matches against strangers, consistently near or at the top of the table.. talk about a boast coming true for once~ :p my favourite maps were Assault

Rainbow 6 Black Arrow
Midtown Madness 3
Played these on the orginal xbox boss
those rainbow six games were hella tight.. ghost recon really blew my mind when it came out, it really felt like a modernization of the system

Battle Royale and Hero Shooterz are garbage
Can't help but agree with you my man

Last edited by a moderator:

Blond

Banned
Uncharted 4 & Battlefield V multiplayer suck

i wish Uncharted 2 & Bad Company 2 multiplayer still existed. They were maybe my favorite and most played online experiences on PS3

Uncharted 2 was just SO balanced it's unreal. You NEVER felt like you died because of a cheap Maneuver or weapon.

Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom