• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Dota 2 Hero Contest, Voting Thread! Come Show Your Support

Artanisix

Okay, maybe I'm just being cynical but I do feel like the system is being gamed based on certain posts from last thread. Oh well.

Thanks for everyone who is supporting Dudebro! I'll vote for myself, #15.

Artanisix said:
Okay, maybe I'm just being cynical but I do feel like the system is being gamed based on certain posts from last thread. Oh well.

At least yours is so good that you'll win any ways :(.

Guesong

Artanisix said:

No, the system IS being totally gamed. But yours will win a key guaranteed ;)

Akia

There must be some secret backroom Steam gifts being traded for votes deals going on for #2 to get any votes whatsoever.

I don't care who wins I just want shameless Spookie to lose.

Chavelo

Akia said:
There must be some secret backroom Steam gifts being traded for votes deals going on for #2 to get any votes whatsoever.

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing right now. Creepy GAF is kinda funny, but the whole giving out gifts thing he did put me off... :-/

Akia said:

In the last thread he did offer free games to people who voted for him... >_<

I am in love with myself so I'm voting for #23. Megatons by Rummy Bunnz.

(Much thanks to everyone who's voted for me.)

darkpaladinmfc said:
In the last thread he did offer free games to people who voted for him... >_<
For real? I know this is going to sound like sour grapes, but shouldn't something like that be grounds for a disqualification? It's really not cool.

Rummy Bunnz said:
For real? I know this is going to sound like sour grapes, but shouldn't something like that be grounds for a disqualification? It's really not cool.

Yes please refrain from being that cheap, I know you guys want to get in this beta but don't sink to that level, if you do it I will disqualify you. Icefrog was nice enough to give the keys to us, lets be respectful and show him these contests can be legit and great so that just maybe he can bless us with more keys to share.

hclflow

GhostRidah said:
Yes please refrain from being that cheap, I know you guys want to get in this beta but don't sink to that level, if you do it I will disqualify you. Icefrog was nice enough to give the keys to us, lets be respectful and show him these contests can be legit and great so that just maybe he can bless us with more keys to share.

I'm glad that you want to be respectful to Icefrog in showing some legitimacy. I think you'll find as close to concrete evidence as you're going to get with reference to vote-buying in the submission thread. Not like anyone who's doing it is going to out themselves.

Also, as an aside, I gotta say that the submissions based on borrowed, unoriginal and stolen art are pretty distasteful in the frame of being submitted as legitimate entries, and are disrespectful to the original artists. My art may suck major wind, but at least I made an original effort, if only for a good laugh with friends. I really don't care if I win, but damned if the contest results won't be tainted if such entries are found in the final top 3, as it happens to be trending now.

gillFTR

GhostRidah said:

I agree, but remember the desperation is getting high...I made a joke post for my entry, but if I could I would lay down 100$ easily. If anything he didn't mean any harm or foul play, I think at this time a lot of people are willing do extra just for a code to play Dota 2.

#2 for spookie...I liked the fact he would go the extra mile, shows dedication and that he really wants it.

Top Bottom