• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Dota 2 Hero Contest, Voting Thread! Come Show Your Support

Grats to all the winners!

darkpaladinmfc said:
Inside info or wishful thinking? And is 'soon' measured in Valve time or real time?

Not sure if this was answered, but GreenMarine, which is an employee at Valve, said that on the SA forums. He's been giving out keys to forum posters and said that the beta will open up more rather soon.

I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to be invited before October 25.

snack

crimsonheadGCN said:
Grats to all the winners!

Not sure if this was answered, but GreenMarine, which is an employee at Valve, said that on the SA forums. He's been giving out keys to forum posters and said that the beta will open up more rather soon.

I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to be invited before October 25.
That's great news! Can't wait.

GhostRidah said:
Ok so it was not a tie, winners are

Spookie
Guesong
goon Boon

3623566412_404da21fcb.jpg

Wedge7

x3r0123 said:
thats going to be an agonizing wait for people that have too much free time

Great news, but maybe I'm missing something, but is their any significance to the date Oct.25? Seems kinda odd to use that as a range.

x3r0123

Wedge7 said:
Great news, but maybe I'm missing something, but is their any significance to the date Oct.25? Seems kinda odd to use that as a range.

he's stating his opinion and i'm giving mine

Well, the reason why I think it'll be before the 25th is because Valve might want to negate any positive press about Origin gaining accounts due to BF3 launch. Other thing is that Valve generally releases press releases during the last 3 months of the year talking about Steam's growth and I would think that Valve would want to ensure that they have recorded 30+ days of over 40 million active accounts so they could publicize that.

x3r0123

Ikuu said:
I don't think Valve are at all worried about Origin at the moment.

exactly, alot of people, that play some form of pc game, have a steam account. Not to mention that valve is into esports atm

gillFTR

grats all, I want a key so bad :(.

Fish for a dota 2 key for me while you are in the beta spookie, don't forget about me.

Top Bottom