• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Discusses: PewDiePie

Thabass

So I don't think I've seen a thread talking about the controversial YouTuber PewDiePie.

What do you, fellow GAFer, think of him and do you believe that he's a closeted White Supremacist / Nazi? Do you think a lot of that hype is overdrawn or is he a master of faking apologies?

Mista

Banned
I saw this yesterday. His drawings cracked me up

I don’t think anything bad of Felix. He’s a great lad and plenty don’t get hos sense of humour

I never liked him to begin with as his humor didn't land with me. That being said, I don't think there is really any valid reason to make him verboten.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I really like him. Funny, smart, and a really entertaining personality.

I generally give about as much attention to those allegations as anybody the modern left smears, but if you’d been watching through all those incidents, you’d see it was more of the same from them.

I myself am apparently homophobic, racist, xenophobic, a Nazi, and I can’t even remember the dozens of others. Outside of evidence that direly implicates someone, nobody needs to be taking that stuff at face value anymore, as the terms have lost all meaning.

Naibel

There was already a GAF thread about all things Pewds ;-)

Like him a lot, seems like a genuine dude and some of his videos (like the one he did about Joker, his book reviews and his "Fuck Twitter" video) show he's certainly not the dummy dumb dumb I thought he was back when I first heard of him.

I'm glad he's the (actual) Youtuber Number 1 instead of an actual douchebag.

Last edited:

TindalosPup

That was the first time I watched one of his videos since 2014. I was a huge fan the first few years, I still have a t shirt and I even have a scar on my left hand from him screaming from a jump scare (I wasn't expecting the scream and when it happened I flinched pretty hard and my hand found a sharp piece of the desk). I started dating someone who really didn't care much for him so I fell out of the loop. I heard about all of the more recent things he's been up to and I've been meaning to do a little catch up

His voice seems to have changed a bit in the years I've been away

I subbed to him and watch the occassional video because I love how, despite how butthurt the media is over him (especially after he trolled the ADL), YouTube cannot afford to get rid of one of their few cash cows. I also feel obligated to support him out of spite lol

I don't usually find him funny, but he seems pretty likeable.

Kind of indifferent I guess? Seen a few of his vids, they were okay. The hyperbole about him being a closeted white supremacist nazi enabling fuckhead is unwarranted.

I never liked his videos, I always considered them to be for teenage girls. And his audience seemed to be just that.
As for him being a nazi, I think that's a bit too much.

i don't think he's a white supremacist in the least, i think there are black people who are more white supremacist than he is

i do think he's tired as shit of being famous and doing youtube though, but needs to continue because of the inertia of his fame

brap

Banned
I will never forgive him for censoring marzias feet in that one video. Also there's plenty of times where he pretends to be smarter than he actually is.

TrainedRage

Banned
I love me some Pewds. Check out the appreciation thread I have made a while ago.
He is probably the most 'real', down to earth YouTuber. Never showing off or trying to flex or any of that shit. Never click bait, good videos EVERY DAY!
I cant wait for him to come back strong after his break this year.

AmazingLook

Banned
Don’t think he is a bad person, but he doesn’t realize the influence he truly has having such a massive massive audience, which makes it a shame when he says or does stupid shit. Which is too frequently.

Last edited:

buizel

Banned
hes a cool down to earth guy, watch any number of videos where he's just talking about stuff.

always entertaining and genuinely likeable, heart of gold and him & marzia are very cute together

MaestroMike

Gold Member
saw a few of his vids like for the first time one or two weeks ago his accent is funny lol reminds of those european characters from family guy

Last edited:

Reon

I love PDP, I don't watch every one of his videos but I watch a lot of them. Very genuine, intelligent person who doesn't get caught up in celebritydom. I feel like outside of being famous he'd be a fun guy to go to a bar with.

Thabass

i don't think he's a white supremacist in the least, i think there are black people who are more white supremacist than he is

i do think he's tired as shit of being famous and doing youtube though, but needs to continue because of the inertia of his fame

If you made the money he does, would you stop?

Top Bottom