• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport Coming in 2023 | New Details Revealed

zephiross

How about you guys actually watch a YT video of these real life racing cars like Le Mans etc. That is how they sound. A Ferrari or Lambo doesnt, but these hyper racing cars do not sound like a road car but like a vacuum as you say. You people talk about this for 20+ years hmmm maybe the developers making these games would by now fix the issue. Oh wait, there never was an issue because they have professionals going out there and recording of real life track focused cars. Some of you really dont know shit about racing cars. You drive a Ford Fiesta and think every car sounds like that:

I believe the "vacuum cleaner" argument is not so much about the intake sound and gear whine, but more about the lack of depth and rage of the engine sounds. it's still a bit flat and robotic.

Even though Gran Turismo's photorealism and shader work is unique, the sun is not even in the same position between the two shots. 🙄

Forza-Horizon-5-27-01-2023-02-20-37-a-m.png

esqiVAT.jpg
Yeah, when compared to as 1 to 1 as possible, GT7 doesn't really even hold up to FH5. It wouldn't really be an issue if it weren't for fanboys claiming it's some kind of great graphical achievement. And of course the fact that FH5 is open world with all that entails.

I'm not sure if it's some motion blur effect, but the vette in that GT7 pic doesn't have as much clarity as the FH5 one does.

And for as much as people love to race about GT's lighting. What's going on in that pic? Based on the shadow of the car, we know exactly where the sun is casting light from. So why are there shimmering reflections just southeast of the passenger side taillight, and then another right below that on the rear diffuser?

Edit. Lol, just realized how 1 to 1 this pic really is as both pics have a hot air balloon in the sky on the upper right. Seems FH5 even managed to do that better. 😂

Does the Motorsport series have vehicle damage?
Yes. It has always had visual and mechanical damage. The latter being pretty well done and integral in the racing experience. For example, overevving your engine can cause engine damage, poor shifting can damage transmission, and a wide variety of physical damage to suspension and other components that impact yo it cars performance.

Venom Snake

And even in Performance mode it looks better than GT7 :messenger_grinning:

When GT7 first showed some gameplay, many tried to bash and trash the game based on cherry-picked shots and its cross-gen roots.

When it turned out that the recent presentations of Forza are also not particularly impressive the same people are trying to bend reality to an even greater degree.

Guys, come on.. :messenger_winking:

You forgot the part where you admit you were wrong. I don’t understand why people can’t admit mistakes.

I realise that, so i wrote i edited stuff and yes, it's 60 fps without the options that made Forza stand out from the competition. Add to this all the stuff that didn't work regardless, like zero driving physics, not very well made car models or poor interiors. Open world really doesn't do it all, it's a convenient excuse in this fanboy warfare, but as i said above, come on..

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Did they actually announce a release date at any point? I’m guessing not.
At least we have GT7 VR to look forward to next month. I’m actually more excited for that than Forza in all honesty.
No release date.

Many were hoping to get a release date in the Forza Monthly they held the next day. However, they didn't. On top of that, they said they'll reveal more information "in the coming months," indicating that it's at least 3-4 months away from release and will miss its early 2023 release schedule.

Godot25

Banned
No release date.

Many were hoping to get a release date in the Forza Monthly they held the next day. However, they didn't. On top of that, they said they'll reveal more information "in the coming months," indicating that it's at least 3-4 months away from release and will miss its early 2023 release schedule.
Grubb Grubb already said in his podcast that game slipped into Q3. So if it won't slip even more it should be out in september, since releasing big games in july/august is not very common

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Grubb Grubb already said in his podcast that game slipped into Q3. So if it won't slip even more it should be out in september, since releasing big games in july/august is not very common
Oh okay, didn't know about Grubb's info on this. Thanks. My initial guess was always August 2023 anyway.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
That is 7 months old, so things can change. Only reason I'm suggesting that is because I thought the Forza guy stated there were RT features on track during races. It could also mean just RT shadows. I'm sure we will get a more current answer soon.
I doubt for the potato RT performance of RDNA2 GPU of XBSX. Hopefully on pc version.
The only thing that was clearly stated was RT reflections on track.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

I doubt for the potato RT performance of RDNA2 GPU of XBSX. Hopefully on pc version.
The only thing that was clearly stated was RT reflections on track.
Thinking back on it, you are correct. If RTGI was a feature set available during a race, they would have specifically called it out.

Monad

Yeah, when compared to as 1 to 1 as possible, GT7 doesn't really even hold up to FH5. It wouldn't really be an issue if it weren't for fanboys claiming it's some kind of great graphical achievement. And of course the fact that FH5 is open world with all that entails.

I'm not sure if it's some motion blur effect, but the vette in that GT7 pic doesn't have as much clarity as the FH5 one does.

And for as much as people love to race about GT's lighting. What's going on in that pic? Based on the shadow of the car, we know exactly where the sun is casting light from. So why are there shimmering reflections just southeast of the passenger side taillight, and then another right below that on the rear diffuser?

Edit. Lol, just realized how 1 to 1 this pic really is as both pics have a hot air balloon in the sky on the upper right. Seems FH5 even managed to do that better. 😂

I only tried to replicate the position of the light relative to the Corvette, the rest was mere coincidence. 😆

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Boombox Shut Up GIF

RAIDEN1

This thread reminds me I need to go back to the last installment, I brought it when it was soon to be removed from the online store....still holds up well today, but I've been too focused on the adventures in Mexico....(ie horizon 5)

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Note how everyone is talking not about the actual game, its progression, its systems, etc. Instead people are talking about stills and looking at minute details they will never see in actual gameplay.

I am beginning to think more and more that these people don’t actually play the games they claim are so amazing.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
FH5 is already a step ahead GT7 technically, being an Xbox One game.
Yep totally different games ya goofy tards. And no, 4 wheeling a Lambo across rocky deserts or jungles is not the same as a circuit racer.

Some of you clowns stay being clowns when it comes to racing games. There’s room to enjoy all types without flexing on shit you ANALyze and not play.

Last edited:

Nemesisuuu

Note how everyone is talking not about the actual game, its progression, its systems, etc. Instead people are talking about stills and looking at minute details they will never see in actual gameplay.

I am beginning to think more and more that these people don’t actually play the games they claim are so amazing.
It's 1st party game, of course they're gonna derail the thread with pointless comparisons, while both games look great visually and both have/will have pros and cons. It's business as usual, if it's exclusive to other console forget about civilized discussion.

I tried with posting track list that I've spotted so far in trailers, but only one person seemed to care. There were few constructive post, but the rest is just classic console warring.

Typical forum behavior.

I've spotted few members that genuinely care about racing games, but their posts are lost in GT vs Forza gibberish.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It's 1st party game, of course they're gonna derail the thread with pointless comparisons, while both games look great visually and both have/will have pros and cons. It's business as usual, if it's exclusive to other console forget about civilized discussion.

I tried with posting track list that I've spotted so far in trailers, but only one person seemed to care. There were few constructive post, but the rest is just classic console warring.

Typical forum behavior.

I've spotted few members that genuinely care about racing games, but their posts are lost in GT vs Forza gibberish.

Yep, its sad. I love racing games, but this focus on graphical fidelity has stopped mattering 15 years ago. Racing games always look amazing, but what people *should* focus on is the quality of the campaign in circuit racers, how the online mode will be effected (will it punish people who purposefully pit other racers? Will driving cleanly reward them with extra points and bonus time?), the level of each car’s simulated driving (will it properly convey how slippery driving at turns during ice? Rain? Will it change depending on each car?), the level of customization options (what are the tune ups like? Will we see an “education” mode where it teaches the player what each part is and how they interact with each other?), etc.

But nah, instead these fuck weasles are crying over pixels that no one will ever notice in the middle of actual gameplay.

Nemesisuuu

Yep, its sad. I love racing games, but this focus on graphical fidelity has stopped mattering 15 years ago. Racing games always look amazing, but what people *should* focus on is the quality of the campaign in circuit racers, how the online mode will be effected (will it punish people who purposefully pit other racers? Will driving cleanly reward them with extra points and bonus time?), the level of each car’s simulated driving (will it properly convey how slippery driving at turns during ice? Rain? Will it change depending on each car?), the level of customization options (what are the tune ups like? Will we see an “education” mode where it teaches the player what each part is and how they interact with each other?), etc.

But nah, instead these fuck weasles are crying over pixels that no one will ever notice in the middle of actual gameplay.
Mid Ohio seems to appear for first time in console racing game, but that doesn't matter. It's really cool track, can't remember if it ever was in racing game, but modding community did awesome job back in the day with version for rFactor and GTR2. I think it was Virtua_LM project.

My point is - things like this are obviously irrelevant. XD

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I loved sports cars in my younger days when I had younger knees and probably my all time favorite I have owned was a 2006 Ford GT and wish I had a lot more pictures of her

Not sure if you have been in many electric vehicles but the torque is insane btw and I bet that ERay is crazy

5UtpXnY.jpg
Gorgeous car, and an animal to handle with that biting supercharged V8!

I have, yes. Buddy has a Plaid. Insta-torque.

Monad

Yep totally different games ya goofy tards. And no, 4 wheeling a Lambo across rocky deserts or jungles is not the same as a circuit racer.

Some of you clowns stay being clowns when it comes to racing games. There’s room to enjoy all types without flexing on shit you ANALyze and not play.

Calm down kid, the world doesn't end if you do game comparisons (nor does it mean you don't enjoy both games). :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Besides, I wasn't the one who started the comparison, it's not my problem that your butt hurts with something as obvious as FH5 being superior to GT7 on a technical level (especially on a powerful PC), except for the color work/lighting and the shaders on the cars where Polyphone excels at, nor does it make GT7 a worse (or better) overall game for that.

Top Bottom