• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport Coming in 2023 | New Details Revealed

Fredrik

You end up knowing what you like. I would have skipped GT7 had it not been on sale because I hate the stagnation of GT's career. I would have probably skipped Forza too were it not for gamepass since I already play other racing games on PC.
GT7 resurrected the campaign, was why I bought it, don’t think it’s stagnation even if they flirt with old fans they lost after Sport. Hoping FM can do something interesting in that space too since I don’t play online.

Lasha

GT7 resurrected the campaign, was why I bought it, don’t think it’s stagnation even if they flirt with old fans they lost after Sport. Hoping FM can do something interesting in that space too since I don’t play online.

Eh...the racing is the same since like GT4. All start from last, drive a better tuned/more powerful car catching up within 3-5 laps. Its really arcade style. The only real innovation the series has had is sport (which is cribbed from iRacing) and the new AI exhibition (really fun to race against). Forza also became pretty stagnant which is probably why we are back to Forza 1.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I always find it odd that anyone who like racing decide to skip any of these two, it’s not like the genre is flooded with high budget games. Playing both is the only strategy I have. Hoping for VR on PC like they did with Flight Sim.

I don’t have the time for putting energy in different racing games. Same as i don’t spending time on multiple online shooters at the same time. I manly focus on 1 racing game like GT7 for instance and one online shooter. Doesn’t mean i will try i on pc.

DaGwaphics

I love how people here are doubting turn 10 over some leaked play test image. Does reputation and track record not count around here? Forza motorsport has been the most technically proficient console racer series since the Xbox 360.
I feel sorry for the doubters. Get your order of copium in now.

With what they were capable of on the X1 hardware it is foolish to doubt their capabilities. If anyone can squeeze every ounce of power available out of the hardware it is them.

With what they were capable of on the X1 hardware it is foolish to doubt their capabilities. If anyone can squeeze every ounce of power available out of the hardware it is them.
Exactly. They were hitting native 1080p/60 on an xone… now they are still aiming for the same frame rate (so can take advantage of all that extra cpu grunt and like 10x more GPU)

Plus it’s getting TRIPLE the development time.

DaGwaphics

Exactly. They were hitting native 1080p/60 on an xone… now they are still aiming for the same frame rate (so can take advantage of all that extra cpu grunt and like 10x more GPU)

Plus it’s getting TRIPLE the development time.

I expect it to really be something. Ultra realistic sim racing isn't really my thing, but I always check them out for the visuals.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I expect it to really be something. Ultra realistic sim racing isn't really my thing, but I always check them out for the visuals.

Yep, same. I'm suitably excited for Motorsport, but more excited at the idea of this new tech being used for the next Horizon game. I'm way more into arcade-y games instead of the hyper focused sim ones.

I love how people here are doubting turn 10 over some leaked play test image. Does reputation and track record not count around here? Forza motorsport has been the most technically proficient console racer series since the Xbox 360.
I think most of the people doubting Turn10 are not planning on buying the game at all. Just a feelin though.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

For the Xbox console yes, but not in general.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I don’t have the time for putting energy in different racing games. Same as i don’t spending time on multiple online shooters at the same time. I manly focus on 1 racing game like GT7 for instance and one online shooter. Doesn’t mean i will try i on pc.
Are you talking about online only? Or do you only play one racing game, one shooter, one adventure, one fighting game, one RPG etc during a whole console generation?
I play almost everything in my favorite genres, definitely everything big. But I only play offline, guess that means it’s easier to jump to the next one when I’m bored or has seen the end of it.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Wow, another short twitter, titok style video with that sunset, sunrise settings 🤦‍♂️
I guess you missed that they told us they were gonna be doing track reveals daily, were you expecting each track reveal to be 20 minutes long or something?

And im sure you also missed the hour+ long Forza Monthly for August that happened literally 3 days ago?
Im gonna double down and assume you missed the near 90 minute Forza Monthly for July?
Probably an easy bet you missed the Forza Monthly for June that was almost 2 hours long?

So long form content you dont like, short form content you dont like.

Neo_game

lol I watched all the few mins of gameplay they have shown so far. But people keep saying it is older build running on dev mode, stream quality is poor etc, etc and then they release this is so called teaser trailer with the same settings in pretty much very video.

nikos

Only things I need to know:

Is FOV adjustable? Is seat position adjustable independent of that?
Can we hide the steering wheel/driver's arms?
Does it support 32:9?
Is there proper wheel support with good FFB?

If those are a yes, this game has huge potential for me.

I understand it's a console game but it has potential to win some of the more casual sim racing market. Same with GT7 if it ever launched on PC with those features.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Neo_game Neo_game is like: WHERE'S MY FORZA DIRECT?

But honestly, I wouldn't mind a nice, long, detailed presentation by the dev team instead of that trash format that is Forza Monthly.
That Starfield Direct was so good in terms of explaining what the game is and how certain features work.

I think Forza, and almost all third-party games, should follow that type of format.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
That Starfield Direct was so good in terms of explaining what the game is and how certain features work.

I think Forza, and almost all third-party games, should follow that type of format.

That should be the new golden standard of presenting your game when it's close to release. Not every game would need a 40+ minutes presentation but no matter the length, the format should be copied.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
That should be the new golden standard of presenting your game when it's close to release. Not every game would need a 40+ minutes presentation but no matter the length, the format should be copied.
I think the format needs improvement -- there was still a bit too much talking and not enough raw, uncut gameplay footage for my liking -- but this is definitely a great step in the right direction.

The in-depth gameplay presentation and length of Starfield and the raw, uncut footage style from Sony's State of Plays is the right combination I think.

Top Bottom