• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken now supports FSR3 Frame Gen (Update patch 1.22), free demo if you want to try it

winjer

Gold Member
booting up cyberpunk so i can compare it, image when moving is more unstable with FSR framegen. Its super smooth with DLSS framegen. So there is a difference.

The issue seems to be that FSR3, still uses the code from FSR2.2 for upscaling and AA.
So it has a bit of shimmering and disocclusion artifacts.
AMD really needs to step up their game with regards to image stability.
Even on Radeon GPUs, XeSS 1.2 already looks better than FSR2.2 And with not a big difference in performance.

AnotherOne

Tried the Forkspoken Demo, I think fsr3 works good, it's no Nvidia frame generation quality but software vs hardware what more can I guy except

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Tried it for a bit and went from 60-70 fps at UHD@67% to 90-120 fps
My overlay said 99% GPU usage, but windows only said 89%, so I checked it in task manager and it looks like the remaining ~11% is being used by compute.
Adds on 1+gb of vram usage as well.

There are some weird artifacts around edges sometimes, which you can see in the video above when I stop at the tree and pan my camera; it's also noticable on other/distant edges but you have to look a bit harder to notice

Some other random vids, seems to run fine overall and the added smoothness is undeniable

No added input lag that I noticed, I turned anti-lag/+ on and off but it didn't seem to do anything.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I get ghosting in this game even with everything turned off. lol its a bad game to judge this on.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The moment I turn FSR Quality in the menu, I get these awful noisy artifacts in grass and on bodies of water.

It's nowhere near as bad in game though and frame generation FS3 seems to be working pretty well in this game. I didn't test it thoroughly and it's on a 4090+13900K so I'm unsure how it works in a lower frame rate environment. I went from 100fps to my fps cap of 165.

On a side note, this game looks fucking horrendous even maxed out on PC. That rofif rofif tries to tell us it looks good is nothing short of laughable. The graphics are ass.

Edit: Nah, never mind, the flickering is just as bad. When looking at water, it's unmissable and stings the eye.
Looks great. For real. Nice volumetrics and draw distance. It was even patched with better ao that was lacking before.
It’s not some crazy looking game but some locations are nice. Particles too

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Don' t say that, or you will awaken the wrath of rofif rofif
Damn do I really need to buy the steam version too :p
Honestly. The game was good and looked good too. HDR is lit in this.
Edit: Seriouslt. I am not going to post screenshots again. This is not a bad looking game. If someone thinks this is a bad looking game, wtf games are you playing

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Damn do I really need to buy the steam version too :p
Honestly. The game was good and looked good too. HDR is lit in this

We are just playing around with you. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Have you tried the game or the demo with FSR3?
What do you think about the tech?

Sleepwalker

All those 1080ti and 1650 memes only for frame gen to only be available from turing onwards.

Lose Founding Father GIF

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
We are just playing around with you. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Have you tried the game or the demo with FSR3?
What do you think about the tech?
I've not tried it.
Is demo updated?
Last time I tried pc version, the textures were not loading and it was terrible performing... so that's why I main ps5 for this. It was tragic on ps5 but performance is more stalbe now.

Edit: I really think the game is pretty good but demo is kinda bad. It puts you in the middle of nothing, far into the game with all the mechanics you don't understand. The combat is great and parkour even more so when you play normally.

Last edited:
This has to be the worst game released this year isn't it? Why is everything so sharp in this game and looks like someone just used a cutting tool and went around all corners of the object. God I hate this game.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This has to be the worst game released this year isn't it? Why is everything so sharp in this game and looks like someone just used a cutting tool and went around all corners of the object. God I hate this game.
why.
What's so bad about it?
it's like a mix of infamous and crackdown. I had great time with it. You just don't like the character is that it ? The gameplay is legit good, everyone who played it knows it
Of course it's not the worst game. It's not even a bad game. Get your games barometer right

Last edited:

El Muerto

Just tried the demo. Seems like if the fps originally dips below 30fps without frame generation enabled, then you'll have slowdowns while frame generation is on even if you're hitting 90fps. According to AMD's site, Immortals of Aveum was also updated with FSR3 today.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
How about developers just make decent games? I don't really care that much about what the IP is, I was want a damn fun game.

Instead of a Sleeping Dogs sequel, Square gave us this shite.
This might blow your mind but I enjoyed the allegedly bad demo of Forspoken than the 3 or 4 times I've tried to get into Sleeping Dogs lol.

BTW, even if I care about FG a little bit, I'm more interested on how FSR 3 upscaler improved and if we can mod it in other games like we do with FSR 2... It helped me get way better IQ in HZD than native because without it the grass was a shimmering mess.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Ehh I get those without anything turned on.
...that shouldn't happen, It's completely clear for me without FSR 3 on; and yes I always turn down sharpness to ~70.
Here it is slowed down:
YincJ85.gif

You can even see the back of frey's head turning into the cloud background here:
YaUUU6L.gif

I mean this is super slowed down and would be hard to see regularly, but this doesn't happen without framegen.

And? Whats your point? Did you play it? Because it reviewed poorly you just gotta hate it?

Do you always just follow the general opinion of the crowd?
I work in the industry my guy for over 10 years. Yes, I played the demo, but even before that I knew it was going be bad. At this point I can see if a game is going to be reviewing well or not by other press a mile away. It had that metacritic written all over it before it came out for me lol. The only game that I wasn't able to predict was Death Stranding, only because it was something very untraditional and different in terms of game premise and gameplay design.

There is always going to be a small minority of people who don't mind the game obviously. But those are very far few and between. General opinion of Forspoken is justified.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
How about developers just make decent games? I don't really care that much about what the IP is, I was want a damn fun game.

Instead of a Sleeping Dogs sequel, Square gave us this shite.
BUT THIS IS THAT decent game.
This is a new IP, single player game that nobody bought.
No microtransactions, no gatcha, no gaas. AND NOTHING. Same with Immortals.

My theory is that people are stubborn to try new things.
And on top of that, this game was heavily memed on before release and the marketing was rather bad.
The story is kinda typical but I really liked the characters. Frey is a fucking asshole at the beginning but there is a reason for this. She got a good character arc.

This (and to some degree immortals) is a perfectly fine new IP single player game.
There were plenty/ton of games like that on 360. Uncharted1? Debatably way worse debut than forspoken and look at the sequels.
This is a good quality game that would get amazing sequel but gamers blew it before they are too stiff to like a fun character.
Atomic Heart got praised month later and it had terrible, awful writing and even worse non stop banter. And nobody cared because you are cool dude.

Shit writing
Shit PS3 era graphics
Shit premise
Waste of resources for Square Enix
Forced SJW The Game.
Absolutely not true. The writing is on the same level like any infamous game or final fantasy game. It's just some japanese cringe. Characters got a character arc.
Graphics are not ps3. You are an idiotif you honestly think this is ps3 graphics (ps5 release shots)
Shit premise? Great premise I say. You are stiff old man
Waste of resources? Would you rather them make another gaas or another sequel? no.
SJW? There is NOTHING sjw about this game. You are factually wrong and stupid about this...
You don't like the game? fine. Your loss but stfu. Why do you and so many others insist SO MUCH on destroying this game? What did it do to you. You want more fucking sequels?!

some shots of this ALLEGEDLY ps3 game. (from ps5 before patch even)
z5A1hKQ.jpeg

c72HhSP.jpeg

R4YpHR3.jpeg

MWPO3zY.jpeg

1mT9UMa.jpeg

g4orlEK.jpg

rgljmhS.jpg

9ROSOFE.jpg

PS3 GRAPHICS MY ASS.
And it looks fantastic with HDR on oled. So much more color

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I work in the industry my guy for over 10 years. Yes, I played the demo, but even before that I knew it was going be bad. At this point I can see if a game is going to be reviewing well or not by other press a mile away. It had that metacritic written all over it before it came out for me lol. The only game that I wasn't able to predict was Death Stranding, only because it was something very untraditional and different in terms of game premise and gameplay design.

There is always going to be a small minority of people who don't mind the game obviously. But those are very far few and between. General opinion of Forspoken is justified.
Are you cleaning toilets in the game dev office building?
"i work in the industry so I know games"
Hole Wobble GIF by Achiloid

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I work in the industry my guy for over 10 years. Yes, I played the demo, but even before that I knew it was going be bad. At this point I can see if a game is going to be reviewing well or not by other press a mile away. It had that metacritic written all over it before it came out for me lol.

Your "credentials" mean nothing to me. I played the demo too and thought it was garbage. I found it to be a piss poor introduction to the mechanics. In the end the mixed reactions pushed me to purchase. I love nothing more than a non circle jerk for oddball releases. And I had a blast with it. It was a perfect checkbox podcast game. Just a veg out and chill kind of experience and once the gameplay clicked it turned into the next best thing to another Infamous game that we'll never get. I also think Frey is infinitely more likable than most current female protags nowadays.

Obviously not trying to talk you into playing it, I dont really give a shit. Its just endlessly fascinating to me reading the irrational hate that people have towards certain games.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Damn son, rofif rofif Got triggered. Look at that giant defense post. I love rofif rofif don't ever change man!
I mean... I am not going crazy yet :p
It's the type of game that would review mid but there used to be a place for games like this that could spawn amazing sequels.... many franchises started with mid games.
And I don't even think the game is mid. It's above mid. And I love the music, combat, traversal. I found the game very charming. AND THE CATS !
again - You have every possible right to hate this game. I am not taking it away from you

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
...that shouldn't happen, It's completely clear for me without FSR 3 on; and yes I always turn down sharpness to ~70.
Here it is slowed down:
YincJ85.gif

You can even see the back of frey's head turning into the cloud background here:
YaUUU6L.gif

I mean this is super slowed down and would be hard to see regularly, but this doesn't happen without framegen.

ghosting related to interpolation artifacts maybe?

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
General opinion of Forspoken is justified.

Because people on the internet say so? Got it :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I mean... I am not going crazy yet :p
It's the type of game that would review mid but there used to be a place for games like this that could spawn amazing sequels.... many franchises started with mid games.
And I don't even think the game is mid. It's above mid. And I love the music, combat, traversal. I found the game very charming. AND THE CATS !
again - You have every possible right to hate this game. I am not taking it away from you

Dude you're making me want to reinstall....

Your "credentials" mean nothing to me. I played the demo too and thought it was garbage. I found it to be a piss poor introduction to the mechanics. In the end the mixed reactions pushed me to purchase. I love nothing more than a non circle jerk for oddball releases. And I had a blast with it. It was a perfect checkbox podcast game. Just a veg out and chill kind of experience and once the gameplay clicked it turned into the next best thing to another Infamous game that we'll never get. I also think Frey is infinitely more likable than most current female protags nowadays.

Obviously not trying to talk you into playing it, I dont really give a shit. Its just endlessly fascinating to me reading the irrational hate that people have towards certain games.
Infamous was a far better game though. Forspoken pissed me off because it was also running on the shit Luminous engine. It's outdated and horrifc. I can't stand super janky games and Forspoken is essentially a jankville. I barely managed to finish FF15 because it ran on same shit engine. Kingdom Hearts 3 switched to Unreal Engine 4 because Lumunous was so shit.

They made Frey ugly as fuck. The real actor is far prettier and looks good. Whoever was responsible for her 3d model doesn't know how to capture a likeness of a character at all. They ruined her. Majority of female characters these days suck ass for reasons you already know why and I am not going to go into. Aloy is ugly as sin and annoying imo.

Uncharted has good female characters for the most part and Ellie was good too from TLOU. Abby though was kind of a mixed bag. Mass Effect has good female characters but the OG BioWare doesn't exist anymore.

winjer

Gold Member
Some more info from AMD, about the tech:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I've tried the PC demo and I am not very impressed again with pc version.
Some textures still do not load (10gb 3080, so yeah)

Performance goes from 50fps to around 80fps but It feels like garbage.
The lag is way higher. Feels like playing doom 3 with vsync enabled. I've tried dlss in hogwarts on a friends 4080 and the lag was not there.
Here, you can feel the lag even with mouse look. Normal 50fps is way snappier.

And fsr3 breakup is even worse than fsr2. Things turn to pixels when you move the camera... so yeah, I am not looking to more pixels and higher lag in console games with fsr3 there... ooof
edit (and the game is not great with mouse. Plays better with controller)
edit2: to be honest, 50fps is way too low to enable frame generation. This stuff requires like 70 as a base. So I might try again with lower settings

Last edited:

yamaci17

I've tried the PC demo and I am not very impressed again with pc version.

Performance goes from 50fps to around 80fps but It feels like garbage.
The lag is way higher. Feels like playing doom 3 with vsync enabled. I've tried dlss in hogwarts on a friends 4080 and the lag was not there.
Here, you can feel the lag even with mouse look. Normal 50fps is way snappier.

And fsr3 breakup is even worse than fsr2. Things turn to pixels when you move the camera... so yeah, I am not looking to more pixels and higher lag in console games with fsr3 there... ooof
edit (and the game is not great with mouse. Plays better with controller)
edit2: to be honest, 50fps is way too low to enable frame generation. This stuff requires like 70 as a base. So I might try again with lower settings
what is your texture setting
try 1440p output resolution and don't enable ray tracing

and try it with a gamepad btw

Mister Wolf

Here it is slowed down:
YincJ85.gif

YaUUU6L.gif

Not surprising. All of AMD's tech is the Kirkland brand version of Nvidia's.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Yeah that's not gonna work unless you put it to low, the frame gen adds 1+gb of vram usage, so that 10gb card is going to hit the engine limit very quickly.; I went from 12gb usage to 13.4gb usage when turning it on.

Top Bottom