• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken now supports FSR3 Frame Gen (Update patch 1.22), free demo if you want to try it

GymWolf

Here are a bunch of screenshots. They were all captured while very quickly panning the camera. Using Native AA.
Personally, I think it looks pretty decent.

[IMG]

This is the image that I noticed the most artifacts.
[IMG]

[IMG]
Drab colors: the location.

First image doesn't look complete and utter shit.

FeralEcho

Game looks boring as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck lol
I skipped 5 damn times throughout that video and all i saw were still images with a fucking settings tab lmao I agree PC gaming does look boring as fuuuuuuck.Do you guys actually play the games you buy or just play the fucking settings and call it a day?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Ehh I would really need to see it in a game like spiderman. Forspoken has always looked like shit.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
rofif rofif your time to shine my man
On a side note, this game looks fucking horrendous even maxed out on PC. That rofif rofif rofif rofif tries to tell us it looks good is nothing short of laughable. The graphics are ass.
Live footage from rofif rofif 's village:

slav-dance.gif
Don' t say that, or you will awaken the wrath of rofif rofif
Shit that's an expensive feature since rofif rofif is the only person that plays the game.
Animated GIF

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Drab colors: the location.

First image doesn't look complete and utter shit.

Consider that I was panning the camera with the mouse, as fast as I could.
So TAA doesn't have enough similar frames, to have the information required to work properly. So it's almost as if it had no AA at all.
But yeah, the game is not a looker...

GymWolf

Consider that I was panning the camera with the mouse, as fast as I could.
So TAA doesn't have enough similar frames, to have the information required to work properly. So it's almost as if it had no AA at all.
But yeah, the game is not a looker...
On console it was all kinda of terrible, plus unstable framerate.
Only decent things were some models and some particles effect.

winjer

Gold Member
On console it was all kinda of terrible, plus unstable framerate.
Only decent things were some models and some particles effect.

Maybe SE will also update the game on consoles with FSR3. Maybe that could make the game more playable.

Buggy Loop

It works but I think gsync/vrr is disabled, massive tearing without vsync.

Overall, I think it's not too bad!

x6VKwAM.jpg

TzlJDSY.jpg

Frametime looks like a mess with FG on.

Has to have VRR/Gsync off?…

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

At least impressions are positive on visual quality. Now to see DF’s analysis for latency and frame by frame comparison /popcorn grab

Last edited:

Loxus

XXXXXXXX can you people who hate the game just stay out? We got it, it's a shitty game, but this is about frame generation and I'd like to hear opinions on it. I don't go into Waifu Simulator 5 to tell you how much I dislike it.
Exactly,

This tech is very impressive for not requiring dedicated hardware.

One thing I'm wondering, is if AntiLag+ uses dual issue on RDNA3.

yamaci17

my impressions

it will be a massive addition for CPU bottlenecked users

35-40 FPS CPU bound baseline to 60-75 FPS feels incredible. with a pad, input lag is more than okay but visuals get smoother, like a alot

at 35-40 FPS GPU bound baseline to 60-75 FPS doesn't feel nice. even hurts the movement I can say.

at 60 FPS GPU bound baseline to 100+ FPS, it seems okay, but still not quite the improvement I'd expect from it

so in short, it is amazing for CPU bottlenecked scenarios.

VRR is broken with it, screen constantly jumps between refresh rate. You can force disable VRR for this game specifically

download inspector, add Demo as an executable (it doesn't use Forspoken profile), enable 1/2 Vsync (don't worry, it won't work)

instead of setting the game to have Fixed refresh, you can disable VRR for the game this way so that screen stays at static high refresh rate while playing the game. this way is better because then you don't get flickering black screen while alt-tabbing. the 1/2 vsync also doesn't work but stops VRR from running all the same.

Kenpachii

my impressions

35-40 FPS CPU bound baseline to 60-75 FPS feels incredible. with a pad, input lag is more than okay but visuals get smoother, like a alot

at 35-40 FPS GPU bound baseline to 60-75 FPS doesn't feel nice. even hurts the movement I can say.

at 60 FPS GPU bound baseline to 100+ FPS, it seems okay, but still not quite the improvement I'd expect from it

VRR is broken with it, screen constantly jumps between refresh rate. You can force disable VRR for this game specifically

download inspector, add Demo as an executable (it doesn't use Forspoken profile), enable 1/2 Vsync (don't worry, it won't work)

instead of setting the game to have Fixed refresh, you can disable VRR for the game this way so that screen stays at static high refresh rate while playing the game. this way is better because then you don't get flickering black screen while alt-tabbing. the 1/2 vsync also doesn't work but stops VRR from running all the same.

thats the beautiful part about framegen, cpu bottlenecks are bye bye.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
my impressions

all i see here is "you can leave Steamdeck to 5 watts and play 60 fps with this tech"

yamaci17

thats the beautiful part about framegen, cpu bottlenecks are bye bye.

this tech will save crap and mirange cpus

all i see here is "you can leave Steamdeck to 5 watts and play 60 fps with this tech"

you definitely have to be cpu bound for this tech to work its potential or have a powerful gpu that already drives 60 fps

recording is broken and sometimes video gets broken sync but you can see how it removes the judderiness of 35 FPS indeed when CPU bound

occasional slowdown is due to video capture not being in sync with 60 fps lock variance

its crazy. this may even generate some serious heat on NVIDIA.

the NVIDIA 2000/3000 GPUs still have dedicated OFA. and AMD did this without any of that. so it means that NVIDIA's inferior OFA implementation would still be better than this AND viable..

with gamepad, this feels like any other 60 FPS console game. laggier than the usual lowlag-reflex 60 fps experience, but much less laggier than a console 60 FPS game that uses Vsync.
with mouse, I wouldn't play it. with gamepad, it is more than OKAY...

Last edited:

yamaci17

When the code is open for all, it should be. Will be interesting to see it implemented in RPCS3 & Yuzu.
this should be crazy good for rpcs3/yuzu

it literally is black magic if you have free GPU resources and CPU bound, which is the situation you found yourself in when playing with RPCS3 and yuzu most of the time

this also doesn't touch base game code, so you won't break 30 FPS games and their physics. all the better

In a very rare instance; AMD legit surprised me.

winjer

Gold Member

it literally is black magic if you have free GPU resources and CPU bound, which is the situation you found yourself in when playing with RPCS3 and yuzu most of the time

this also doesn't touch base game code, so you won't break 30 FPS games and their physics. all the better

AMD said they will have an option in the drivers to enable FG in any game using DX12 and DX11.
It will probably have some issues with UI. But it should be exactly what you need.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The tiny tiny bit I have seen does have me slightly curious.

But I have a 4090 and it's hard to imagine not using DLSS 3.

But I at least have a residue of confidence that a game that is FSR3 only will still be fine.

A residue.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Been trying this out in honestly impressed.
Looks pretty much the same as DLSS and has the additional frames looks really sharp and runs smoothly.

Credit where credits due.

Why isn’t this on PS5
It's available on a lot of TVs actually. It's motion interpolation as you called it, isn't it? You were the ones constantly shitting on it and calling it "fake frames" after all and that it was the exact same thing as motion interpolation.

yamaci17

AMD said they will have an option in the drivers to enable FG in any game using DX12 and DX11.
It will probably have some issues with UI. But it should be exactly what you need.
im on a 3070 though. gotta wait for mods

rpcs3 and yuzu team usually implement such features natively to their apps

this will be so goood for emulation if they do so

Kenpachii

Tested it out on the steam deck with forspoken on low settings with windows 11 ( don't got linux on it ) in combat it was about 22-33 fps without framegen, with framegen 36-51. Seems to work. It's a hell lot more smoother.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Yeah, I want Skyrim to get framegen since it's locked to 60 fps. It looks stuttery on my OLED.

Kenpachii

this tech will save crap and mirange cpus

you definitely have to be cpu bound for this tech to work its potential or have a powerful gpu that already drives 60 fps

recording is broken and sometimes video gets broken sync but you can see how it removes the judderiness of 35 FPS indeed when CPU bound

occasional slowdown is due to video capture not being in sync with 60 fps lock variance

its crazy. this may even generate some serious heat on NVIDIA.

the NVIDIA 2000/3000 GPUs still have dedicated OFA. and AMD did this without any of that. so it means that NVIDIA's inferior OFA implementation would still be better than this AND viable..

with gamepad, this feels like any other 60 FPS console game. laggier than the usual lowlag-reflex 60 fps experience, but much less laggier than a console 60 FPS game that uses Vsync.
with mouse, I wouldn't play it. with gamepad, it is more than OKAY...

Also saves raytracing in general. So much CPU bottleneck going on with heavy RT loads.

Tested it out on the steam deck with forspoken on low settings with windows 11 ( don't got linux on it ) in combat it was about 22-33 fps without framegen, with framegen 36-51. Seems to work. It's a hell lot more smoother.
Wait, it actually works with steam deck?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It's available on a lot of TVs actually. It's motion interpolation as you called it, isn't it? You were the ones constantly shitting on it and calling it "fake frames" after all and that it was the exact same thing as motion interpolation.
That's basically what frame gen is. Motion interpolation at the GPU level. 60 fps is still 60 fps, but it can appear as 120 fps, which I love.

TrebleShot

Yeah almost forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder gonna try Callisto Protocol 120fps from 30. On PS5 , but I hope this tech comes to PS5 the input lag reduction is lovely.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I am surprised how well it works. Is it as easy to integrate with a mod like Frame Generation?

Kenpachii

booting up cyberpunk so i can compare it, image when moving is more unstable with FSR framegen. Its super smooth with DLSS framegen. So there is a difference.

Top Bottom