• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken - Deep Dive: Exploring Athia | PS5 Games

Not true... some of us actually have issues with the gameplay, to note, that it is a simple "list" based magic system instead of a combo based magic system which means it'll be 0 skill, all spam.
Not every action game needs to be a hack n slasher/beat em up with combos if that's what you were getting at. Otherwise elaborate.

You also have no basis to prove it will be 0 skill because it isn't combo based.

>all spam

I'm guessing you're unaware that there is confirmed to be over 100 spells and that the ranking system stagnates if you spam the same move or do the same thing over and over.

Last edited:
JUii6p8.gif

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Not every action game needs to be a hack n slasher/beat em up with combos if that's what you were getting at. Otherwise elaborate.

You also have no basis to prove it will be 0 skill because it isn't combo based.

>all spam

I'm guessing you're unaware that there is confirmed to be over 100 spells and that the ranking system stagnates if you spam the same move or do the same thing over and over.

I've elaborated on other threads about the game, I don't need nor want to elaborate further, just making you aware gameplay concerns exist.

The fact the game needs a hard mechanic to nudge people into using a different spell from the list should worry you that neither the game nor the magic system itself are designed properly.

I've elaborated on other threads about the game, I don't need nor want to elaborate further, just making you aware gameplay concerns exist.

The fact the game needs a hard mechanic to nudge people into using a different spell from the list should worry you that neither the game nor the magic system itself are designed properly.
>I've elaborated on other threads about the game, I don't need nor want to elaborate further, just making you aware gameplay concerns exist.

So you don't have an argument??

Good to know!

>The fact the game needs a hard mechanic to nudge people into using a different spell from the list should worry you that neither the game nor the magic system itself are designed properly.

By that logic DMC is poorly designed too with it's style system lmfao. You don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:

Fbh

"Deep dive into exploring: There's no exploring"
Combat still looks fun though so the Labyrinths and combat challenges should be fun.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
>I've elaborated on other threads about the game, I don't need nor want to elaborate further, just making you aware gameplay concerns exist.

So you don't have an argument??

Good to know!

>The fact the game needs a hard mechanic to nudge people into using a different spell from the list should worry you that neither the game nor the magic system itself are designed properly.

By that logic DMC is poorly designed too with it's style system lmfao. You don't know what you're talking about.

You wanted to know if gameplay concerns existed, I let you know they exist.

But it appears you are not interested on surveying GAFs opinion on the game, but rather to actually defend it all at costs. I do not argue with zealots.

You wanted to know if gameplay concerns existed, I let you know they exist.

But it appears you are not interested on surveying GAFs opinion on the game, but rather to actually defend it all at costs. I do not argue with zealots.
The only one bringing up a gameplay concern is you and its a wrong one which you aren't even able to back up with logic.

You said its "poorly designed because it has a rank system made to prevent spam".

Are DMC and bayonetta also poorly designed?

Last edited:

-Zelda-

Banned
I don't know, sometimes I look at the game and I think, off I go to pre order. Then I look again and I rush back to cancel the pre order. Can't make up my mind about it.

The magic looks good, but the world looks dull aside from how you traverse it. The protagonist does nothing for me and has done nothing to endear me to her as of yet.

INB4 you just don't like her because she is black and a woman. Here is a preemptive fuck off with that bullshit.
Tired of people playing the race and gender card when it comes to this game in order to dismiss different thoughts about it.

I do not judge you based on your color or gender, I base you on how you are written and if you are likable. Horizon is another good example of a game that looks good, but had nothing else going for me when I played it. Aloy irritated me not because she was a woman or because she was """"ugly"""" but because the story felt weak and she never shut the hell up. That, and I am having serious burnout from Open World game number 867,539 lately.

game looks just fine to me. my only real problem with it: the whole 'sassy girl / witty talking wrist wrap' frenemy banter thing. not sure how many hours of it i'm up for...

oh, yeah - & the wheel-based spell-casting. i basically hate all things wheel-based, particularly in action games...

Humdinger

People sure love throw that word ["generic"] at anything they don’t like regardless if makes sense or not.

Yeah. It's kind of ironic, because the insult itself is generic.

I agree with the fellow above who said we get too polarized -- either it's great or it's shit. I think it looks interesting in some ways (e.g., magic combat, hopefully a good story), but I have several reservations, too. I'm not a big fan of the parkour. The pace feels too frantic to me, like there wouldn't be time to think or strategize. I also understand this game is made by the team that did FFXV, and that game didn't appeal to me. So I'm still on the fence.

The problem with this game in particular is like, half the people who respond to the thread seem like they are genuinely interested in it for the traversal or magic combat or whatever and theres another half of people that act as if this game makes them physically ill and need to go to war over it.

There is like nothing controversial enough about this game for people to feel so strongly for or against it, but every thread is the same. There is definitely something deeper going on with this game other than people just thinking it looks uninteresting.

The problem with this game in particular is like, half the people who respond to the thread seem like they are genuinely interested in it for the traversal or magic combat or whatever and theres another half of people that act as if this game makes them physically ill and need to go to war over it.

There is like nothing controversial enough about this game for people to feel so strongly for or against it, but every thread is the same. There is definitely something deeper going on with this game other than people just thinking it looks uninteresting.

1000% this. I'm really starting to think that the biggest issue that most people have with this game is that it's PS5 exclusive. That or something against the main character.

Swift_Star

Banned

You know exactly the reason why the usual suspects claim to hate this game

1000% this. I'm really starting to think that the biggest issue that most people have with this game is that it's PS5 exclusive. That or something against the main character.
Is a factor. Just like any big exclusive. It shouldn't be a revelation.

The marketing of this game has been atrocious. I'm baffled at how little care it is put to make the First Impression really matter.

It looks a little underwhelming from what I’ve seen. It would be nice if they could provide a pre release demo for us to try out

Last edited:

-Zelda-

Banned

They prob will not do anything controversial until part 2 should they make one. I just hope it does not involve a 9 iron again...

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I kinda feel like if everything seemed slicker and just smoother performing it'd come across better. It still looks kinda rough around the edges to me, especially oddly enough the vfx. I just think it looks more fussy and messy looking than awe-inspiring.

As to the game itself... being honest it seems like the writing and wall-building are not going to hold a candle to a Yoko Taro joint, and it lacks the atmospherics of a From title. The music seems pretty characterless and doesn't have much emotional light and shade....

Its just not particularly exciting to me in any way.

Variahunter

That game has been downgraded so much since the first reveal...
It was supposed to demonstrate the capabilities of the PS5.

Now it just shows (most of the assets, the textures and geometry were severely downgraded) that it will be ported to PS4 after a year or two.
I'm glad FFXVI doesn't seem to follow the same path. For now.

Last edited:

Rykan

"WhILE OtHer POiNtS oF InTeReSTS caN bE FoUnD By MarKeD LocAtiOnS"

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS

But where are the people who like it? All I see is 4 guard dogs attacking anyone who has a different opinion about it.

22 combined posts on the saddest possible hill to die on,
Look at the youtube likes, there's your answer.

Not that popularity is equivalent with the quality of a game anyway.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

It looks like fun. I'll get it on PC for the mods if the reviews are good. Or on sale if they are mediocre.

Top Bottom