• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken - Cinematic Trailer

Draugoth

Gold Member

Forspoken releases worldwide on January 24, 2023. Join Frey Holland as she is mysteriously transported from New York City to the beautiful yet cruel landscapes of Athia. In her journey to find a way home she must look within to overcome the battles against twisted Breakbeasts and the treacherous Tantas.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Not available on other consoles till 2025 outside the PC.

why not just say "Xbox owners ain't getting shit till 2025" and be done with it. it's not like there is any other console that can run this.

Also, 2 years exclusive? new low for Sony marketing. it seems 6 months and 1 year is no longer enough!

The next exclusive will say " You might get a remaster on your next-gen Xbox. so do not get your hopes up for a port " lol

Edit: Also just to stay OT. nice CG trailer even though the game looks amazing as it's and they could have got an awesome trailer using in-game graphics.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member

why not just say "Xbox owners ain't getting shit till 2025" and be done with it. it's not like there is any other console that can run this.

Also, 2 years exclusive? new low for Sony marketing. it seems 6 months and 1 year is no longer enough.

The recent acquisition waves made these exclusive deals much worse from both sides

GHG

Also, 2 years exclusive? new low for Sony marketing. it seems 6 months and 1 year is no longer enough.

The only thing that is a new low here is the first reply in this thread.

Fucking get over it.

//DEVIL//

The only thing that is a new low here is the first reply in this thread.

Fucking get over it.
did I hurt your feelings or something bud ?

I do not even own Xbox. chill fanboy we still love your PlayStation lol

The recent acquisition waves made these exclusive deals much worse from both sides

Agreed, just when you think it should be the other way around. especially when that MS ACT merger is on the line.

Last edited:

clampzyn

cinematic trailer still a thing? all trailers should be ingame rendered by today's standard, probably their last marketing move to atleast improve the sales LOL, the demo was aweful in terms of visuals and performance, should have released another demo if things got better both in visuals and performance instead of a crappy cinematic trailer. this is how you know a game will flop hard :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

GHG

did I hurt your feelings or something bud ?

I do not even own Xbox. chill fanboy we still love your PlayStation lol

Then why do you care so much?

Show us on the doll where Sony hurt your childhood. Calling others "fanboys" when you're the one crying about exclusivity.

Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.

Also, 2 years exclusive? new low for Sony marketing. it seems 6 months and 1 year is no longer enough!

At this rate the next exclusive will say " You might get a remaster on your next-gen Xbox. so do not get your hopes up for a port "

Edit: Also just to stay OT. nice CG trailer even though the game looks amazing as it's and they could have got an awesome trailer using in-game graphics.
hopefully, all SE games will be exclusive on Playstation in the future.....permanently.

Rubbing Hands Disagree GIF

//DEVIL//

Then why do you care so much?

Show us on the doll where Sony hurt your childhood. Calling others "fanboys" when you're the one crying about exclusivity.

Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Are you mistaken me for someone else captain? I am mainly on PC. I don't even care if PlayStation and Xbox kill each other. keep your fanboy shit in your head and learn how to talk. My reply has nothing to do with crying about exclusivity. more of sarcasm about how Sony is handling and securing exclusives these days. learn how to read. Duh. we are done here. move on kid.

hopefully, all SE games will be exclusive on Playstation in the future.....permanently.

IMO ? Sony buying Square Enix is a better deal than MS buying Activision. Square Enix might not have as many titles but their games are very iconic and big sellers. I LOVE final fantasy games and Dragon quest.

Last edited:

Pejo

Happy for those that are excited for this. I couldn't get into the combat, but the parkour was pretty fun. Story looks insufferable. If anything, I'll buy it on a deep discount in a year or two.

GHG

Are you mistaken me for someone else captain? I am mainly on PC. I don't even care if PlayStation and Xbox kill each other. keep your fanboy shit in your head and learn how to talk. My reply has nothing to do with crying about exclusivity. more of sarcasm about how Sony is handling and securing exclusives these days. learn how to read. Duh. we are done here. move on kid.

Rubbing Hands Disagree GIF

IMO ? Sony buying Square Enix is a better deal than MS buying Activision. Square Enix might not have as many titles but their games are very iconic and big sellers. I LOVE final fantasy games and Dragon quest.

The funny thing is I'm also "mainly on PC" but yet you will never see me crying about games that are:

A) confirmed to be arriving on platforms I already own

And/or

B) not arriving on platforms I don't own

You don't own the platform but yet you feel the need to crusade for it? What a shame and a waste of time.

WitchHunter

Banned
Come to papa.

Even if it's probably gonna be a 6/10, i can't just ignore an infamous clone, even a semi-shitty one.
If you put your half drunken dog before it and teach it to mash buttons, then you can lean back with a bowl of popcorn and watch as things unfold. You will surely get a few hours of entertainment and maybe some good sleep too.

Free money for the devs. Milking the color haired starbucks addicts.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
For anyone who watched the trailer, I'm guessing it is a "story trailer" and meant to be avoided if you are trying to go in blind?

WitchHunter

Banned
For anyone who watched the trailer, I'm guessing it is a "story trailer" and meant to be avoided if you are trying to go in blind?
You gonna cut your wrists from the mimir copycat sidekick that always runs its mouth ad infineum. Imagine that you go to work and your smartwatch does this:

Look the trashcan is filled to the brim... And it's painted red, hm.

Nice lady there care to ask her number? Not?

Hello doggy how things goin?

And you can't turn it off.

Maybe next day you gonna awake with a pair of flying nike air sneakers by playing this gem 😁.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

At this rate the next exclusive will say " You might get a remaster on your next-gen Xbox. so do not get your hopes up for a port "

But this isn't new to either MS or Sony.

Isa

I wonder how its going to play out in game in terms of cutscenes? I've got it preordered and am looking forward to it but am curious if its just that cg opening and walkie-talkie stuff or if there are actual in-game story scenes. I hope there are as I prefer proper cutscenes. Regardless hope it turns out well. Not watching the trailer though as CG trailer don't do it for me.

GymWolf

If you put your half drunken dog before it and teach it to mash buttons, then you can lean back with a bowl of popcorn and watch as things unfold. You will surely get a few hours of entertainment and maybe some good sleep too.

Free money for the devs. Milking the color haired starbucks addicts.
Button mashing in this game is useless, but saitamaok.gif dude:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Tell me you didn't even tried the demo for more than 5 min without actually saying anything.

Last edited:

saintjules

I had the feeling they were being serious right before the start of this gen:

e8Pi3pd.jpg

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Not at all. This is a 1 minute CG trailer that reveals nothing.

Yeah I thought this was more "Launch Trailer" than a legit "Cinematic Trailer That Will Be Chopped Up For Broadcast TV Advertising." Definitely looking forward to this, but on PC as that console demo - while fun - was blindingly bright. Also 4K/60FPS (the 6800XT/5600X combo has easily been the best gaming purchase I've ever made).

I have no idea what you're talking about. . .but shine on you crazy diamond.

//DEVIL//

The funny thing is I'm also "mainly on PC" but yet you will never see me crying about games that are:

A) confirmed to be arriving on platforms I already own

And/or

B) not arriving on platforms I don't own

You don't own the platform but yet you feel the need to crusade for it? What a shame and a waste of time.
Honestly the only person crying here is you about my reply. So tell you what, cry me a river . Glad it's pissing you off.
It seems your brain doesn't know how to read because I clearly explained in a previous post on how my post was sarcastic on how sony is approaching exclusives right now. Not about me wanting to play. But your brain doesn't function in reading and understanding what people type here so why should I bother trying to explain it again. . Not gonna bother replying to you on this subject again.

Oh even if I to own a PlayStation. I will Still buy it on PC. I can wait 6 months or so for a better performance. No problem in waiting 6 months. But .. you will comeback and reply about someone crying about exclusive game etc lol 😂😂😂

//DEVIL//

But this isn't new to either MS or Sony.
Right. But I don't remember a game from MS that is 2 years exclusive. While this trend is continuing with Sony . First ff7 remake and now this. It's like Sony is trying to intentionally piss off MS and MS is buying studios as an answer lol

So engaging in one-off temporary exclusivity deals is bad, but straight buying up every developer in sight thus potentially resulting in permanent exclusivity is fine? Can someone explain to me why Sony is the villain here and Microsoft is the hero?

//DEVIL//

So engaging in one-off temporary exclusivity deals is bad, but straight buying up every developer in sight thus potentially resulting in permanent exclusivity is fine? Can someone explain to me why Sony is the villain here and Microsoft is the hero?
Nope. all are shit and bad. MS isn't any better. especially when they are about to swallow one of the biggest if not the biggest Western publisher in the world.

Will release the same day on PS and PC.

Oh yeah, you are right. that was Final Fantasy 16. that one will suck waiting. I love Final Fantasy lol.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
MS is not making anything exclusive and is not a hero. They at least are still delivering definitive pc versions. Sony would not do that or would at best deliver years after.

Nope. all are shit and bad. MS isn't any better. especially when they are about to swallow one of the biggest if not the biggest Western publisher in the world.
Got it. I appreciate your consistency. In my opinion, you've either got to be fine with both or be against both; you can't support one and knock the other.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I am happy that Square Enix keep trash outside of the best console.
pls not ban, just little bit of fun

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Right. But I don't remember a game from MS that is 2 years exclusive. While this trend is continuing with Sony . First ff7 remake and now this. It's like Sony is trying to intentionally piss off MS and MS is buying studios as an answer lol

MS were buying publishers with or without Sony doing this. It's their only way they can compete at this point.

Ar¢tos

This is probably just the beginning, I expect a lot more games to have longer exclusivity periods or exclusive content if (when) the Activision deal goes through.
I'm surprised Sony hasn't attempted to buy Kadokawa, since they could fit both the gaming and anime parts easily into their business (and real estate?, I think Kadokawa deals with real estate too).

StormCell

Hope Sony paid a high price. Game looks good but probably not my cup of tea. Plus, would be nice if they (developers) would at least get back to offering a male protag option since damn near everything shown lately is showcasing female protags.

Top Bottom