• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken – Launch Trailer Released

SkylineRKR

Maybe soon it will be time to try ff xv again. I tried once before but only in 2021 did the game really clicked with me.
If you play on pc, disable shadowlibs since it’s destroying performance when you move camera closer to character. Or it’s just 60 on ps5 in bc.

I platted it way back on PS4. I hated it, also because I am a fan of FF. For me there was nothing redeeming about it, I think. Even the OST, which is stellar, could barely be heard initially. The reason I platted it was because it was a mainline FF, and its one of the easiest games to do so. I also completed Pitioss which shouldn't work because of the horrible controls but it was my fave part of the game in fact.

I had this game pre release, and I played it fairly far before it was patched. The unpatched version was even worse, with even less context and an even worse Leviathan fight. I could try it on PS5 one day, its on the Plus program anyway. But I dont know. I never felt the desire to do so.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I platted it way back on PS4. I hated it, also because I am a fan of FF. For me there was nothing redeeming about it, I think. Even the OST, which is stellar, could barely be heard initially. The reason I platted it was because it was a mainline FF, and its one of the easiest games to do so. I also completed Pitioss which shouldn't work because of the horrible controls but it was my fave part of the game in fact.

I had this game pre release, and I played it fairly far before it was patched. The unpatched version was even worse, with even less context and an even worse Leviathan fight. I could try it on PS5 one day, its on the Plus program anyway. But I dont know. I never felt the desire to do so.
Interesting. I only played FF15 after finishing 7 remake.... and 7 remake was somehow my first ff game.
And I absolutely loved both. So I came to 15 not as FF fan but as ff7 remake fan.
On top of that - I played it 4k60 on pc, royal edition.

GymWolf

Bro I did it! 😂 and I'm really liking this game so far. There's a couple of things I didn't expect

The lighting is much better than I thought, at least in the 1st area

I'm actually enjoying the dialogue 😲

The combat feels really good

I'm intrigued by the story so far

This is the total opposite of my impressions from the demo
Demo does a shit job introducing the game etc.

Full game gives a much better impression except the first 2 slow hours that introduce the story, world etc.

I'm enjoying the shit out of traversal and combat that are everything but mindless on hard, if you get out of stamina in combat you are fucked and enemies are always in large numbers and swarm you.

And the magic system is just chef kiss, a truckload of moves, all different, and half of them are chargable into 3 levels.

And you can get creative with the combat, like placing a mine on the ground and using the whip to throw an enemy on the mine.

The world is pretty barren, the sidequest are meh, the story is just decent, the performance are pretty shitty and the graphic is unimpressive 95% of the time, but this is the fantasy infamous i was expecting since the first gameplay trailer.

SkylineRKR

Demo does a shit job introducing the game etc.

Full game gives a much better impression except the first 2 slow hours that introduce the story, world etc.

I'm enjoying the shit out of traversal and combat that are everything but mindless on hard, if you get out of stamina in combat you are fucked and enemies are always in large numbers and swarm you.

And the magic system is just chef kiss, a truckload of moves, all different, and half of them are chargable into 3 levels.

And you can get creative with the combat, like placing a mine on the ground and using the whip to throw an enemy on the mine.

The world is pretty barren, the sidequest are meh, the story is just decent, the performance are pretty shitty and the graphic is unimpressive 95% of the time, but this is the fantasy infamous i was expecting since the first gameplay trailer.

This is a good summary. The traversal is absolutely great. Forspoken is really like Infamous and Spiderman. The traversal is similar but I would argue Forspoken feels better than both. Because Infamous has much worse animations (being an older game ofcourse) and Spiderman doesn't feel as good in combat. Its hard to explain but traversal and combat flow incredibly well in Forspoken. You can do both at the same time essentially.

The way you evade, backflip and throw magic back at enemies just looks very cool. And I haven't unlocked shit yet. I just left the first city to hunt the first major boss.

The sidequests are just there. But I would say they are better than those of FFVII. Generally I like the NPC in this game. Actually, I like the world and its lore itself. I read a lot of archive pick ups. Also, the fast travel times are instant. There is no loading. Graphically I think its okay too, the characters, animations and effects look good. Its just barren indeed, which is also the plot of this game but a dose of lighting could really elevate this.

The demo is absolutely no representation of the full game. The objectives there are no objectives in the full game. You will find monuments as you go and explore, its not a story mission. They just took a few open world events and threw them as a handful of missions in the demo, giving you 2 magic classes and the whip.

GymWolf

This is a good summary. The traversal is absolutely great. Forspoken is really like Infamous and Spiderman. The traversal is similar but I would argue Forspoken feels better than both. Because Infamous has much worse animations (being an older game ofcourse) and Spiderman doesn't feel as good in combat. Its hard to explain but traversal and combat flow incredibly well in Forspoken. You can do both at the same time essentially.

The way you evade, backflip and throw magic back at enemies just looks very cool. And I haven't unlocked shit yet. I just left the first city to hunt the first major boss.

The sidequests are just there. But I would say they are better than those of FFVII. Generally I like the NPC in this game. Actually, I like the world and its lore itself. I read a lot of archive pick ups. Also, the fast travel times are instant. There is no loading. Graphically I think its okay too, the characters, animations and effects look good. Its just barren indeed, which is also the plot of this game but a dose of lighting could really elevate this.

The demo is absolutely no representation of the full game. The objectives there are no objectives in the full game. You will find monuments as you go and explore, its not a story mission. They just took a few open world events and threw them as a handful of missions in the demo, giving you 2 magic classes and the whip.
Traversal is a bit too jerky sometimes, like her bouncing everywhere, it could use some tweaking.

And the camera sometimes is absolute shit, especially in closed spaces.

This is why i think spidey and infamous are still a bit better traversal wise, but forspoken is up there.

Also the fire whip you use with square sometimes is a bit clunky.

It is not a game where you get good or feels super great after 30 min, you have to invest time learning how the game works, this is probably why people were turned off by the demo.

Top Bottom