• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken – Launch Trailer Released

Teslerum

At the very least the "but it was Nomura who ruined FFXV" comments can hopefully be laid to rest.
BTW: Just shortly on that (as I'm replaying with the Royal Edition), I know this topic has been discussed to death and is filled with emotions, but the history of XV/Versus development is so long and varied that its silly to hate a single person. Lots of people fucked up at different stages on every version.

If you do want a stick to beat Tabata with that can be 100% traced back to him its his penchant to have important shit happen off screen but doesn't have the storytelling chops to pull it off. Featured in every one of his games, XV suffering worst for it (Though Type-0 has probably the worst/most hilarious example).

Not sure if that sickered through to Luminous. Moot point anyway since the game was written by Westerners.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
Yeah, the accolades are hilarious.

"A Game"
"You can play it"
"You can pick up objects"
"The character speaks"

Bojji

Trash is isekai's default state

Except Mushoku Tensei, in this show protag actually becomes a much better person having ability to live his life the second time (in another world), he is still a pervert but a good guy otherwise lol

Guilty_AI

Except Mushoku Tensei, in this show protag actually becomes a much better person having ability to live his life the second time (in another world), he is still a pervert but a good guy otherwise lol
Nah, thats trash too. Only thing that saved it is that anime has really good production quality and VA, but original LN is trash.

Bojji

Nah, thats trash too. Only thing that saved it is that anime has really good production quality and VA, but original LN is trash.

I hate almost all Isekais but MT was really refreshing in many aspects.

On topic: Forespoken doesn't look good at all so far (and based on demo).

Flutta

Banned
Hard pass. If the mod comunity can fix what’s wrong with this game i might play it.

Last edited:

Neff

The "accolades" they used as quotes during that were hilarious.

9x8yWF.jpg

This one made me laugh out loud

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
9x8yWF.jpg

This one made me laugh out loud
Makes me think about something: are there any kind of rules for when using accolades?

Like that could be from the phrase "it's impressive how empty the open world is" (for example) and then they could take the word "impressive" out of it and use it as an accolade. Would that even be legal? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

SkylineRKR

I don't like Isekai but I did enjoy the demo enough to replay it a few times. Its a bit janky yes, but its fun to nuke enemies with spells.

Hard to tell how this game will be received, I think 70 ish. Traversal and camera could be better, there is a lot of useless banter and the writing seems to be sub par. You can however change a lot in the settings menu.

Saber

Gold Member
Makes me think about something: are there any kind of rules for when using accolades?

Like that could be from the phrase "it's impressive how empty the open world is" (for example) and then they could take the word "impressive" out of it and use it as an accolade. Would that even be legal? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

You kid but I'm pretty certain this already happened. Can't remember the game though.

Neff

Typically any kind of printed accolade can be used, regardless of context, so long as they have permission to use it.

Played some more of the demo and people are crazy. The game looks great and combat is very fun. At least it’s something new and creative. I like that the character got some personality for once. Combat is cool.

Dont matter. The hate train is rolling, an 8/10 and minor bomba is the best the game can hope for now.

vpance

fdMFu0W.jpg

5ufcg0N.jpg

5l0JzHi.jpg

I was hesitant about buying this, but just look at those glowing recommendations from so many renowned, trustworthy sites! Mobile Syrup thought it was "An Absolute Blast". Distractifiy thought it was "Beautiful". And if Playstation Lifestyle thinks the game is "Endearing", who am I to argue with that qualifcation? The world of gaming needs more endearment if you ask me.

"Fun" XD

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Dont matter. The hate train is rolling, an 8/10 and minor bomba is the best the game can hope for now.
Such a shame. The combat is really fun and not a simple button mashing.
I like that the world is not so full you can’t run for 5 seconds. It’s big and vast but you run very fast and parkour looks spectacular.

It’s hard to drop people in the demo without character, story and powers development.

I will stand by my opinion that I like the fun, endearing characters that have personality. Not every game has to be silent like Elden ring.

And quality 40fps mode looks good. Thank god it’s not ue4

Edit: new single player ip and this is the signal we give to the industry…

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
new single player ip and this is the signal we give to the industry…
I'm hesitant on getting it at launch. Might wait a day or two to see what the whole product is all about. The game in motion looks really fun to play. Currently teeter tottering atm.
I feel like this is the way it goes that gamers ask for a new IP and they get one and they hate it because it isn't like some other IP that already exists.

Then they get a game in the existing IP that they say they like and claim it's nothing new and they want a new IP.

No pleasing these people.

Such a shame. The combat is really fun and not a simple button mashing.
I like that the world is not so full you can’t run for 5 seconds. It’s big and vast but you run very fast and parkour looks spectacular.

It’s hard to drop people in the demo without character, story and powers development.

I will stand by my opinion that I like the fun, endearing characters that have personality. Not every game has to be silent like Elden ring.

And quality 40fps mode looks good. Thank god it’s not ue4

30 fps mode has too much input lag making the combat feel bad to play though and the 60 fps mode which feels fine to play looks like shit. The devs also downgraded the shit out of the game even in the high res fidelity mode. Performance mode, the only one that will feel decent to play, looks like an early ps4 game compared to how it was supposed to look.

If the message we give them is negative then it's their own fault in this case.

ergem

Don't be such a stiffs because protag is a young girl lol.
It's good they made something a bit different and are using a custom engine. At least it's not another same UE4 4 player looter shooter or call of duty.

Right. But why is there a big input delay. Is that the engine?

I'm assuming you only watched the anime, because he becomes a complete degenerate and unlikable by the end.

T4keD0wN

Will buy on massive discount just for the fascination of observing what went wrong. I suspect I don't have to wait too long either for that discount... 5 dollars seems about right.
i suspect it will be 50% off about as fast as gotham knights, might be a while for that 93% discount as 90%+ are pretty rare. It will probably be free on epic or ps plus/gamepass long before that.

ssringo

fdMFu0W.jpg

5ufcg0N.jpg

5l0JzHi.jpg

I was hesitant about buying this, but just look at those glowing recommendations from so many renowned, trustworthy sites! Mobile Syrup thought it was "An Absolute Blast". Distractifiy thought it was "Beautiful". And if Playstation Lifestyle thinks the game is "Endearing", who am I to argue with that qualifcation? The world of gaming needs more endearment if you ask me.

The full quotes are

"The paycheck we received to review the game was beautiful. Seriously, we were about to close shop!"
"The characters are not endearing. At all"
"Fun is nowhere to be found."
"The way they managed to fuck this up is absolutely magical."
"Blast this shit into the sun."
"There's so much to do in the game. And it all sucks."

Not really but figured I'd join in

Hugare

Blame Square. We should buy any shitty new ip to support singleplayer games?

They are so confident about their game, that they arent even sending review codes to "big" sites like VGC

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/squa...apparently-no-pc-review-codes-either.1650337/

If even the publisher has no confidence about their game, dont blame us for expecting a shitty product

And you can enjoy a bad game. Doesnt mean theres some agenda, its being unfairly reviewed and etc.

I recognize Deadly Premonition as a 5/10 game, but its one of my favorite games of all time

Last edited:
Blame Square. We should buy any shitty new ip to support singleplayer games?

They are so confident about their game, that they arent even sending review codes to "big" sites like VGC

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/squa...apparently-no-pc-review-codes-either.1650337/

If even the publisher has no confidence about their game, dont blame us for expecting a shitty product

And you can enjoy a bad game. Doesnt mean theres some agenda, its being unfairly reviewed and etc.

I recognize Deadly Premonition as a 5/10 game, but its one of my favorite games of all time

Square does what square wants. Then blame it on the user for not meeting sales expactations.

https://www.vg247.com/kingdom-hearts-3-review

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
30 fps mode has too much input lag making the combat feel bad to play though and the 60 fps mode which feels fine to play looks like shit. The devs also downgraded the shit out of the game even in the high res fidelity mode. Performance mode, the only one that will feel decent to play, looks like an early ps4 game compared to how it was supposed to look.

If the message we give them is negative then it's their own fault in this case.
There is 40fps mode

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Dude if you get it, then I will too. You don’t have to be alone in this :p we can both lose money
Bro I did it! 😂 and I'm really liking this game so far. There's a couple of things I didn't expect

The lighting is much better than I thought, at least in the 1st area

I'm actually enjoying the dialogue 😲

The combat feels really good

I'm intrigued by the story so far

This is the total opposite of my impressions from the demo

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Bro I did it! 😂 and I'm really liking this game so far. There's a couple of things I didn't expect

The lighting is much better than I thought, at least in the 1st area

I'm actually enjoying the dialogue 😲

The combat feels really good

I'm intrigued by the story so far

This is the total opposite of my impressions from the demo
haha exactly the same here!
I even got the steelbook lol

Hobbygaming

I am not really sure why everyone is trashing the game so much. To me it seems... kinda fun and good ?

Man gamers really really hate original off-kilter concepts don't they ? such a pity.
I think a lot of it is that demo. Most people probably didn't stick around long enough to learn the combat controls and if they did they probably still disliked the demo like me lol

I've only been playing for 2 hours but I'm digging it, it's not bad at all

I think a lot of it is that demo. Most people probably didn't stick around long enough to learn the combat controls and if they did they probably still disliked the demo like me lol

I've only been playing for 2 hours but I'm digging it, it's not bad at all

I really did not like the demo. It unsold me hard on the game but a couple of people i trust said some thing i wanted to hear and i took another chance on it. I’m glad i did, its really fun

Hobbygaming

I really did not like the demo. It unsold me hard on the game but a couple of people i trust said some thing i wanted to hear and i took another chance on it. I’m glad i did, its really fun
This is the same thing that happened to me. I think the very 1st time I tried the demo I cut it off after like 5 minutes lol

Callisto Protocol helped make my decision to buy this game too. I went against the reviews and loved it

SkylineRKR

I am not really sure why everyone is trashing the game so much. To me it seems... kinda fun and good ?

Man gamers really really hate original off-kilter concepts don't they ? such a pity.

Yeah its good. At least after 4 or so hours it is. Its a new IP with a big open world and its own lore. Personally I like reading all the archive stuff you find along the way. Its pretty well written. The parkour feels good, the music is great, the overall atmosphere is very good. There is a clear hierarchy in this world. I like the design of the Tantas (which are kind of the supreme leaders, and powerful spellcasters). Frey is a very strong character, snarky, brash and full of sarcasm. Ofcourse, the typical banter with the bracelet sidekick is nothing new (we've seen it in many games, God of War for example with the head), but in this game you can even change the frequency of banter. In fact, you can customize a ton.

So for me its good gameplay, combat, music, characters just with performance that is kind of a letdown (though on 120hz TV its a ton better), and sort of bad IQ (its nearly all lighting related; the game does look good.. I am sure PC mods will prove this). You can dance around casting magic on fools, it looks great in motion. I don't know what the fuzz really is, the game did have a bad rep when announced (also by me). And yeah its from the FFXV team and trust me I fucking loathe FFXV.

I like it. I think I would've regret buying Dead Space, not to shit on that game, but I played it a lot on PS3 way back. I think its exactly the same game. And like most of you, I hated the first few minutes with the demo of Forspoken.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Yeah its good. At least after 4 or so hours it is. Its a new IP with a big open world and its own lore. Personally I like reading all the archive stuff you find along the way. Its pretty well written. The parkour feels good, the music is great, the overall atmosphere is very good. There is a clear hierarchy in this world. I like the design of the Tantas (which are kind of the supreme leaders, and powerful spellcasters). Frey is a very strong character, snarky, brash and full of sarcasm. Ofcourse, the typical banter with the bracelet sidekick is nothing new (we've seen it in many games, God of War for example with the head), but in this game you can even change the frequency of banter. In fact, you can customize a ton.

So for me its good gameplay, combat, music, characters just with performance that is kind of a letdown (though on 120hz TV its a ton better), and sort of bad IQ (its nearly all lighting related; the game does look good.. I am sure PC mods will prove this). You can dance around casting magic on fools, it looks great in motion. I don't know what the fuzz really is, the game did have a bad rep when announced (also by me). And yeah its from the FFXV team and trust me I fucking loathe FFXV.

I like it. I think I would've regret buying Dead Space, not to shit on that game, but I played it a lot on PS3 way back. I think its exactly the same game. And like most of you, I hated the first few minutes with the demo of Forspoken.
Maybe soon it will be time to try ff xv again. I tried once before but only in 2021 did the game really clicked with me.
If you play on pc, disable shadowlibs since it’s destroying performance when you move camera closer to character. Or it’s just 60 on ps5 in bc.

Top Bottom