• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken - Cinematic Trailer

GHG

Honestly the only person crying here is you about my reply. So tell you what, cry me a river . Glad it's pissing you off.
It seems your brain doesn't know how to read because I clearly explained in a previous post on how my post was sarcastic on how sony is approaching exclusives right now. Not about me wanting to play. But your brain doesn't function in reading and understanding what people type here so why should I bother trying to explain it again. . Not gonna bother replying to you on this subject again.

Oh even if I to own a PlayStation. I will Still buy it on PC. I can wait 6 months or so for a better performance. No problem in waiting 6 months. But .. you will comeback and reply about someone crying about exclusive game etc lol 😂😂😂

Nah, you've done more than enough crying for the both of us. Keep at it if that's what makes you happy.

And by the way, the game releases on the same day on PC so at least you can take comfort in the fact that some of your crying has been unnecessary.

GHG

Gaf has a hatred for this game that I've never really seen replicated outside of this forum.

Overall they've really shit the bed with the marketing and as a whole the game doesn't look that great. If the combat system delivers on the promise that it has (in terms of depth) then it might surprise but overall this has metacritic 70's written all over it.

Fbh

Timed exclusives suck.
Also whatever they paid to have YEARS worth of console exclusivity on this probably wasn't worth it. This thing will probably be forgotten by mid February.

Never cared much for the world and characters but the gameplay always looked fun. Then I played the demo and didn't like the gameplay either.

This game is hitting at just the right time.

It feels like a low 70s Metacritic game, but it falls just right on the calendar for me - I should be finished with my Witcher 3 PS5 playthrough by the time it drops, and it should give me enough time to beat this before Dead Space Remake and the onslaught of other Q1 games.

Going in with moderate expectations, can't lose.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Easy money for Squeenix.
Got a two year exclusivity deal for a B-tier game that probably had a very big budget.

Hope Sony paid a high price. Game looks good but probably not my cup of tea. Plus, would be nice if they (developers) would at least get back to offering a male protag option since damn near everything shown lately is showcasing female protags.
This.
Funny that now we have an absurd amount of female protagonists, yet some people claim that it's still not enough or "problematic".

Hot5pur

$60 on keysite...ahaha...
Seems there is no interest on Steam.
Hogwarts Legacy on the other hand, phew...
Unless it's a 8+ metacritic banger with at least 20 hrs of gameplay, will wait for a deep sale, like $30.
Sony can't always moneyhat the winners, but I'm pretty sure FFXVI was a good pic (and they kept it off PC too, amazing).

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been pretty interested in this game from the jump, but everything they've released for it has made me want to play it less and less. This new cinematic trailer is no exception.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The characters seriously need to STFU.

Grimoire Weiss didn't die for this.
I'm sorry they are as cringe as the average youtuber and current generation. But there is an option to make them talk less, you can turn the sound off or wait for the modding community to do you a great service. ^_^

And I'm so used to cliche bad voices it doesn't even phase me.

Game seems fun to play and that's all I require.

Last edited:

Fredrik

hopefully, all SE games will be exclusive on Playstation in the future.....permanently.

Rubbing Hands Disagree GIF
Why would you hope for that?
For me personally it’s just about which controller I need to use but there is always someone among my friends who won’t be able to play a game I start talking about these days. Might be because it’s on Playstation or Xbox or Switch or Quest or PC.
So, yeah, I hate exclusives. I don’t like seeing friends sad. 🙁

Tams

Meh, looks rather generic.

And they're really sticking with that music that doesn't match the game in the slightest?

fart town usa

Gold Member
Something about this game makes me feel bad considering it may be a massive flop.

Seems like a lot of work went into it but yea, I dunno. Then again, it has zoomer written all over it so maybe the kids will go ape shit for it.

Neolombax

Happy for those who are hyped for this game. Prior to the demo, I was still on the fence. Magic system looked like it had a lot of potential, still does to be honest. But after the demo, I cannot get over the performance and look of the game. Also, not a fan of the protagonist. Found her insufferable, same like Aloy. Maybe I'll get it at a deep discount, maybe it will come to PS Plus sometime later.

Not available on other consoles till 2025 outside the PC.

why not just say "Xbox owners ain't getting shit till 2025" and be done with it. it's not like there is any other console that can run this.

Also, 2 years exclusive? new low for Sony marketing. it seems 6 months and 1 year is no longer enough!

At this rate the next exclusive will say " You might get a remaster on your next-gen Xbox. so do not get your hopes up for a port "

Edit: Also just to stay OT. nice CG trailer even though the game looks amazing as it's and they could have got an awesome trailer using in-game graphics.

What?!?

Why did you think a Sony-sponsored trailer will actively promote when the game will be available on Xbox?

WTF?!

R u high?

GenericUser

The demo was horredous. The bitch is talking shit nonstop. The framerate was atrocious, the UI is a mess, the combat and traversal is confusing and floaty. Nah thanks. Square should just abandon the luminous engine and roll with unreal, like every other normal AAA dev. Big pass.

SkylineRKR

The demo was horredous. The bitch is talking shit nonstop. The framerate was atrocious, the UI is a mess, the combat and traversal is confusing and floaty. Nah thanks. Square should just abandon the luminous engine and roll with unreal, like every other normal AAA dev. Big pass.

I found 120hz mode + quality to be passable. The traversal looks good in other gameplay I have seen, and I like how you can nuke the field. I think its a fun romp if bought at a discount which can happen quickly with Square games. MC and sidekick should shut up.

Fabieter

Not available on other consoles till 2025 outside the PC.

why not just say "Xbox owners ain't getting shit till 2025" and be done with it. it's not like there is any other console that can run this.

Also, 2 years exclusive? new low for Sony marketing. it seems 6 months and 1 year is no longer enough!

The next exclusive will say " You might get a remaster on your next-gen Xbox. so do not get your hopes up for a port " lol

Edit: Also just to stay OT. nice CG trailer even though the game looks amazing as it's and they could have got an awesome trailer using in-game graphics.

At least they are giving you a timeframe that cant be said about every gaming company ;). Anyway cant wait.

KiteGr

This game looks like the worst parts of current phase marvel movies and series.
Story, world and Character seem to have been designed by an AI under the command "Make Woke Fantasy".

It might have been recieved better if the whole Woke movement wasn't imploding right now and it was made 10 years ago.

GymWolf

I've only played 2hrs of ghost and it was ok (im sure it gets better later in) but I personally would like a new infamous over ghost 2.
Same, i really don't give a damn about a sequel for sushima.

If i have to endure another 40 hours of adult warriors speaking about fucking honor without cringing to death and acting like retarded during a fucking war, i'm gonna smash the damn disc...

Last edited:

jm89

Gameplay and story seem interesting, but can't get over the dead ass open world, i can't give my time to another boring open world. Maybe it's the limited demo and i'm speaking to soon, but will wait for more impressions.

EekTheKat

Went back and watched a few trailers.

The trailers are trying super hard to get you to like Frey, so much so that it's borderline laughable. The story trailer was basically telling you how awesome their main character is and how relatable she is because she suffers from the same problems you do in the real world. Tied together with the most generic NPC and villain dialogue possible as an attempt to flesh out the world a bit more.

What they need is a deep dive into the world they're trying to push, as well as a good look at the villains of the game. Not more and more trailers about how awesome Frey is and how she can do amazing things in game.

Also I suspect this game may be a take on
The Wizard of Oz
. Only updated for modern audiences with modern sensibilities.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Generic world, meh spell effects, idk if my standard has gotten high but nothing on this gameplay looks good, everything looks generic that even indie developers can make heck even better.
Standards might be too high considering Dragon's Dogma is worse then this yet universally loved. Truly a mystery.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Dragon's Dogma is worse then this
Explain why, becuase I don't agree at all.

Forspoken:
Constant bad dialog with swearing and shit.
Lots of stuff going on screen like particles that obscure the view. Devs care more about looks than gameplay.
Damage numbers. More shit on screen yay.
Floaty melee combat with next to no feedback.
Shit enemy design.

Dragon's Dogma:
Useful tips from your pawns written in a way that match the setting.
Not more shit ons creen than what's really needed, less is more. Also gameplay related visual cues like how you can clearly assert if an enemy is wet or affected by any other thing.
No damage numbers.
Non-floaty melee combat with excellent feedback.
Classy enemy design based on D&D.

Last edited:
Top Bottom