• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flat Earth "The truth is more important than my life."

Shifty

This thread is some kino, bravo Weilthain Weilthain :messenger_ok:

If gravity is a hoax, does flat earth have an explanation for why people don't keep flying upward after they jump?

What does a spacewalk look like to you? They do them fairly regularly and I see no difference between that video and these videos below.

Man, that's really something. Beautiful on many levels, profoundly existentially terrifying on others.

You gotta have nerves of steel to willingly float around in the endless void like that :messenger_fearful:

Last edited:
Man, that's really something. Beautiful on many levels, profoundly existentially terrifying on others.

You gotta have nerves of steel to willingly float around in the endless void like that :messenger_fearful:
I know!! I really hope to see something like that before I doze off into the ether.

Weilthain

Banned
If gravity is a hoax, does flat earth have an explanation for why people don't keep flying upward after they jump?

Floaty Space maths don’t apply to flat earth.

But a flatearther would probably just say it’s mass, weight buoyancy or something like that space is bollocks you don’t start floating when you get higher.

It’s all filmed underwater. One has a cartoon video playing in the background.

That flag wouldn't wave around like that in the water. It's too floppy.

Open your mind.

some basic bitches round these parts geez

I don't think it's us that need to open our mind, clearly we are open to concepts that seem extraordinary, especially when the proof has been presented.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
That flag wouldn't wave around like that in the water. It's too floppy.

I don't think it's us that need to open our mind, clearly we are open to concepts that seem extraordinary, especially when the proof has been presented.
Your proof is mathematical equations about space balls and dodgy fake videos filmed in swimming pools.

Your proof is mathematical equations about space balls and dodgy fake videos filmed in swimming pools.
Please explain how the woman with the space balls was underwater and visually following the same rules and queues that were presented in the space walk videos. The physics in both videos was the same. This is very clearly far beyond your scope of comprehension. I feel like your education was very expensive, but in the same way as a kid with downs.

Last edited:

Shifty

Floaty Space maths don’t apply to flat earth.

But a flatearther would probably just say it’s mass, weight buoyancy or something like that space is bollocks you don’t start floating when you get higher.
I see, I'm coming at it from the wrong direction- the lack of gravity (and also gravity itself) is not a given in this model of thinking.

Weilthain

Banned
Please explain how the woman with the space balls was underwater and visually following the same rules and queues that were presented in the space walk videos. The physics in both videos was the same. This is very clearly far beyond your scope of comprehension. I feel like your education was very expensive, but in the same way as a kid with downs.

It’s a mix of cgi, wires, zero g planes and acting.

Some people suggest it’s augmented reality vr as well

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Please explain how the woman with the space balls was underwater and visually following the same rules and queues that were presented in the space walk videos. The physics in both videos was the same.
Don't bother.

Weilthain is literally "just asking questions" one or two sentences at a time. Whether they're baiting to troll or because they believe in flat earth is meaningless.

The phenomenon is much like rainbow-haired gender-benders who are only doing it for the attention. Weilthain cannot get the satisfaction they know they deserve so they resort to absurd theories to make themselves feel special, like an elite member of a persecuted class of truth-seekers who really know what is going on.

Don't bother.

Weilthain is literally "just asking questions" one or two sentences at a time. Whether they're baiting to troll or because they believe in flat earth is meaningless.

The phenomenon is much like rainbow-haired gender-benders who are only doing it for the attention. Weilthain cannot get the satisfaction they know they deserve so they resort to absurd theories to make themselves feel special, like an elite member of a persecuted class of truth-seekers who really know what is going on.
I've read most conspiracy theorists are considered to have mental health issues for the reasons I've bolded.

It’s a mix of cgi, wires, zero g planes and acting.

Some people suggest it’s augmented reality vr as well

Please, tell me who these people are.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
Don't bother.

Don’t need to make it personal.

This is fun to talk about.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I've read most conspiracy theorists are considered to have mental health issues for the reasons I've bolded.

Please, tell me who these people are.
I think it goes beyond mere mental illness and into full-blown social cult territory. I find myself referring back to Hoffer's True Believer over and over these past few months to explain behavior I see online (on GAF and elsewhere) and the behavior I see among news anchors, celebrities, and so forth.

The desire for persecution as a pretense for behaving like a fanatic is... unfortunately not a new phenomenon.

Don’t need to make it personal.

This is fun to talk about.
The "fun" for you appears to be pedantically dismissing any and all contribution to the conversation and stringing everyone along.

If you feel it's a personal attack, maybe it is because I've correctly identified something that you might not be admitting to yourself.

Shifty

3d1bca.jpg

Weilthain

Banned
I think it goes beyond mere mental illness and into full-blown social cult territory. I find myself referring back to Hoffer's True Believer over and over these past few months to explain behavior I see online (on GAF and elsewhere) and the behavior I see among news anchors, celebrities, and so forth.

The desire for persecution as a pretense for behaving like a fanatic is... unfortunately not a new phenomenon.

The "fun" for you appears to be pedantically dismissing any and all contribution to the conversation and stringing everyone along.

If you feel it's a personal attack, maybe it is because I've correctly identified something that you might not be admitting to yourself.
You’re trying to close down the topic with your weasel powers. I told you already that doesn’t work on me.

You are essentially calling me mentally retarded as well because I don’t share the same belief as you, but that’s fine we can still be friends.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
You’re trying to close down the topic with your weasel powers. I told you already that doesn’t work on me.

You are essentially calling me mentally retarded as well because I don’t share the same belief as you, but that’s fine we can still be friends.
I'm not trying to close down the topic. I'm trying to get more than two sentences out of you in response to what has been posted in the topic. Thanks for proving my point. The people replying to you are the ones adding substance to the conversation. You're the brat in the corner saying "nope, that's fake. Next please" because this isn't about truth, it's about your ego.

I am not calling you mentally retarded. Quite the opposite, I said that your beliefs go beyond mental illness and are actually more in line with the behavior of a cultist. Your problem is emotional, not mental. You are letting your insecurities push you into fantastical beliefs because your emotions want your brain to tell you that you are special.

Weilthain

Banned
I'm not trying to close down the topic. I'm trying to get more than two sentences out of you in response to what has been posted in the topic. Thanks for proving my point. The people replying to you are the ones adding substance to the conversation. You're the brat in the corner saying "nope, that's fake. Next please" because this isn't about truth, it's about your ego.

I am not calling you mentally retarded. Quite the opposite, I said that your beliefs go beyond mental illness and are actually more in line with the behavior of a cultist. Your problem is emotional, not mental. You are letting your insecurities push you into fantastical beliefs because your emotions want your brain to tell you that you are special.
Your weasel powers involve trying to make the conversation personal.

8LQ7Bxw.png

do you even know what you are even arguing against?

Most people who are condescending about this topic don’t even know the oppositions arguments, at all.
You said some people suggest it's augmented reality and what not. Please provide us some of your real research into this subject matter. Clearly, you aren't taking anything we are talking about seriously, like everyone else is crazy. What real research have you done? What are your sources?

I truely don't think he's capable of providing more than 2 short sentences.

Last edited:
> I want videographic evidence of Earth being round
> provides satellite images
> I want a continuous video
> provides video
> I want to see the whole planet
> provides another video
> this is fake
> provides mathematical evidence
> SPACE MATHS IS FAKE
> provides empirical evidence
> THIS IS STAGED
> provides scientific evidence that flat-earthers are retarded
> THESE ARE FAKE FLAT EARTHERS
> provides physical evidence
> THIS IS A CONSPIRACY BY THE FREEMASONS AND THE FRIKKIN' FABIANS YOU SHEEPLE
> provides evidence established by the ancient greeks
> YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FLAT EARTHERS

This is Weilthain Weilthain in a nutshell. Seriously, why do you still keep entertaining this cretin?
He knows nothing, explains nothing and can't even be arsed to provide any kind of argument as to why we should take him seriously.

Razorback

There's no other direction for the discussion to go. You do not engage with any of the points, you only deny like a cultist zealot.

8LQ7Bxw.png

I get the impression that when you hear something logical your brain recognizes the feeling as some foreign threat (jedi mind trick) and does everything it can to suppress it.

Weilthain

Banned
There's no other direction for the discussion to go. You do not engage with any of the points, you only deny like a cultist zealot.

I get the impression that when you hear something logical your brain recognizes the feeling as some foreign threat (jedi mind trick) and does everything it can to suppress it.

Tbh it’s many of you that simply don’t listen to me when I say I’m open to these ideas. Some of you are acting like I’m trying to educate or convince anyone of anything. Look into it if you want.

I’m open to eveything, I like to think about everything from different points of view and it’s fascinating to me especially the way I am talked to.

Basic bitches

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Tbh it’s many of you that simply don’t listen to me when I say I’m open to these ideas. Some of you are acting like I’m trying to educate or convince anyone of anything. Look into it if you want.

I’m open to eveything, I like to think about everything from different points of view and it’s fascinating to me especially the way I am talked to.

Basic bitches
Resorting to whining and calling people bitches when we won't listen to your tantrums anymore, yet again? Maybe follow your own advice:

Give me a break.

I get called names and talked down to for even bringing this stuff up, I can point out when someone is butt hurt it’s fine.

This is always the result of conversing with a cult member. A predictable breakdown in logic and emotion until you start contradicting things you said just a few hours ago.

Weilthain

Banned
Resorting to whining and calling people bitches when we won't listen to your tantrums anymore, yet again? Maybe follow your own advice:

This is always the result of conversing with a cult member. A predictable breakdown in logic and emotion until you start contradicting things you said just a few hours ago.
Begone weasel.

You are invited to play pool with me though. I’m normally able to love everyone you may take a little more work.

Weilthain

Banned
Why would a gold member who's been on GAF for about 6 years be cruising for a ban this hard?
I’m trying to lighten the mood because I’m being taunted hard right now.

I’m sure I will be taunted a second time but it’s ok I will make friends hopefully.

Geki-D

Banned
I’m trying to lighten the mood because I’m being taunted hard right now.

I’m sure I will be taunted a second time but it’s ok I will make friends hopefully.
Actually you were asked questions and either gave passive aggressive non-responses or just didn't respond then went into the person insults. AngularSaxophone got several short time bans for the very same things.

Don't worry though, I won't ask what your stance on the holocaust is.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
Actually you were asked questions and either gave passive aggressive non-responses or just didn't respond then went into the person insults. AngularSaxophone got several short time bans for the very same things.

Don't worry though, I won't ask what your stance is on the holocaust.
I don’t have to explain anything.

It’s a flat earth thread and I’m like “that’s bollocks, this is bollocks, that is definitely bollocks etc”.

It’s a belief that maybe what we think of as fact maybe isn’t actually reality and there may be different ways to explain what we perceive.
That’s my belief. Maybe Earth is flat, maybe it’s a ball. Etc

Now there is talk of banning me for what I’ve said or didn’t say because I’ve triggered some people.

Now it’s holocaust etc

Last edited:
> I want videographic evidence of Earth being round
> provides satellite images
> I want a continuous video
> provides video
> I want to see the whole planet
> provides another video
> this is fake
> provides mathematical evidence
> SPACE MATHS IS FAKE
> provides empirical evidence
> THIS IS STAGED
> provides scientific evidence that flat-earthers are retarded
> THESE ARE FAKE FLAT EARTHERS
> provides physical evidence
> THIS IS A CONSPIRACY BY THE FREEMASONS AND THE FRIKKIN' FABIANS YOU SHEEPLE
> provides evidence established by the ancient greeks
> YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FLAT EARTHERS

This is Weilthain Weilthain in a nutshell. Seriously, why do you still keep entertaining this cretin?
He knows nothing, explains nothing and can't even be arsed to provide any kind of argument as to why we should take him seriously.
We get upset because maybe deep down we care about this cretin and want him to understand he's wrong. Correcting someone isn't necessarily because we don't like him, we want him to adjust and understand that we are trying to push him to rational thought. It's mind boggling to think he's this uneducated and for him to think that Science is just a belief is simply not right.

Razorback

I don’t have to explain anything.

It’s a flat earth thread and I’m like “that’s bollocks, this is bollocks, that is definitely bollocks etc”.

It’s a belief that maybe what we think of as fact maybe isn’t actually reality and there may be different ways to explain what we perceive.
That’s my belief. Maybe Earth is flat, maybe it’s a ball. Etc

Now there is talk of banning me for what I’ve said or didn’t say because I’ve triggered some people.

Now it’s holocaust etc

Do you believe there is such a thing as objective truth? Or is truth relative?

Top Bottom