• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First teaser trailer for HBO's 'Westworld' (coming Fall 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn00zer

Loved the original when I was younger, dad showed it to me in highschool. Very cool concept that could use a better movie.

Akahige

Looks very good.

Ed Harris in the Yul Brynner role will be great, the man has a look of a person who spent a 1,000 years starring in the sun.

I'll have to show my Dad this sometime, I remember when I watched the movie with him.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
that's one big ass amusement park. premise is cool, movie was good, hopefully this follows suit

border

Is it possible to enjoy the original film, if I were to watch it for the first time today? I am generally pretty skeptical about 70's science fiction aside from Star Wars/Trek. I saw Logan's Run and thought it was a bit too campy and self-serious.

Ashok

Banned
I've never considered myself in w/e demographic HBO targets and watch literally nothing on their network, but I'd considering buying HBO for this. That was one intriguing trailer.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Is it possible to enjoy the original film, if I were to watch it for the first time today? I am generally pretty skeptical about 70's science fiction aside from Star Wars/Trek. I saw Logan's Run and thought it was a bit too campy and self-serious.

there's very few sci-fi in Westworld (probably due to the budget being not very high), it's really just a western with a damn intriguing premise and solid execution. Soundtrack is a bit dated, but who cares

ElRenoRaven

Without a doubt. It's a great movie that even holds up today.

ryseing

This shot is beautiful.

f6ejuQR.png

Ex Machina all over again.

All my worries about HBO's drama slate are significantly lessened.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Jonathan Nolan is all I need.

But seriously, this looks killer, I can't imagine a better cast for this.

Wow, ok, was checking out some screenshots of the original movie

This
is way more terrifying than this

There's something really creepy and unnerving about the faceless robot compared to the Terminator-style skull. Something very body horror about seeing wires and circuits where a face should be compared to the typical look for androids

Does the movie hold up? Never saw it

That icy-as-fuck stare got me intrigued.

If you like or enjoy Westerns then it does, specifically because the concept is very unique and there is nothing like it out there in terms of how it blends smart/grounded in reality scifi and western. I don't recommend you watching the trailer because it spoils alot, just go with the synopsis at IDMB.

" A robot malfunction creates havoc and terror for unsuspecting vacationers at a futuristic, adult-themed amusement park. "

Aww yis, mother fuckin Westworld, one of my favourite sci-fi Films.

If you haven't watched it before, do it asap. Plus, its got Yul as the bad guy, thats a big plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom