• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 Primetime Emmys Nominations

Thanks. Mike / Banks is cool and all, but it really was Chucks/McKeans time to shine.
Absolutely, and really if they didn't give Banks an Emmy for Five-0 then they're never gonna give him one. Just feels like a wasted nomination at this point.

hydruxo

Better Call Saul should win best drama, but sadly Westworld probably will because HBO.(and yes, I watched both shows this year, and BCS was so much better)

Also lol at Stranger Things overhype carrying it all the way to an Emmy nomination.

Get that bs out of here. Easily one of the best shows of 2016.

No McKean has really got me fucked up. I don’t understand at all.
season 1 was Bank's best shot
McKean was absolutely stellar in s3 and had more screen time (i think) and much more defining moments.
Mike wasn’t even in the damn finale for god's sake

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i watched the first episode of westworld on a plane some time ago. didn't seem very good so never had any interest in watching the rest. hbo hype getting all the noms.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Isn't the Emmy voting still all f'd up now that they opened it up to like everyone in the industry so networks just get every employee they can on as a voter?

Is the nomination still limited to groups or did that expand as well?

I know the FYC mailers situation is worse than ever, though I don't think Netflix sent out 20 pounds worth of it this year.

Desus & Mero didn't get a nom?!

giphy.gif

This is the only thing that matters

Joeku

For how much people were open-mouth agape at the pilot when it came out, I'm surprised Legion's snub isn't getting more talk.

jfkgoblue

For how much people were open-mouth agape at the pilot when it came out, I'm surprised Legion's snub isn't getting more talk.
Legion would have been the best show on TV most years, but Better Call Saul was just so good, that I kinda forgot about legion tbh.

No 13RW nods :/

Glad to see Master of None getting nods especially Angela Bassett for Guest Comedy Actress. She was amazing in that episode. Also happy to see Atlanta nominated.

Funny seeing the ERB guys getting an Emmy nod but deservedly so.

They made sure not to nominate Trump by snubbing The Apprentice lol 😂

Best Comedy is so fucking stacked. Anyone could legitimately win.

They also picked the right episode of Black Mirror to be nominated

Michael McKean (Chuck McGill - Better Calll Saul) deserved a nom for this season.Oh, there is no supporting category? Scratch that.
Atlanta was weird and i like it. Hope it wins.

Michael McKean(Squiggy forever) and Mandy Moore were the robberies this year. Mandy Moore carried This is Us at times.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So Uzo Aduba got nominated for OITNB, but the series didn't get nominated for anything? Which Season was she nominated for, because the series didn't premier till mid-June.

Also OP House of Cards got nominated for Best Drama as well.

Joeku

Legion would have been the best show on TV most years, but Better Call Saul was just so good, that I kinda forgot about legion tbh.

TBH I feel like the last couple episodes really didn't deliver, but certain parts of the season (namely direction, Jemaine Clement, and Aubrey Plaza) were fucking outstanding.

jfkgoblue

TBH I feel like the last couple episodes really didn't deliver, but certain parts of the season (namely direction, Jemaine Clement, and Aubrey Plaza) were fucking outstanding.
Aubrey Plaza was absolutely fantastic in
it, she really stole the spotlight.

J_Viper

Is this the first time Colbert's been nominated since the Report? It's well earned.

His new show started off as a dumpster fire, but in the recent months it's been solid.

Isn't the Emmy voting still all f'd up now that they opened it up to like everyone in the industry so networks just get every employee they can on as a voter?

Is the nomination still limited to groups or did that expand as well?

I know the FYC mailers situation is worse than ever, though I don't think Netflix sent out 20 pounds worth of it this year.

Judging from my Living room it's about 30. And as far as I know, it's still hard to get into the academy. Someone has to get you in.

Top Bottom