• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mandalorian nominated for 15 Emmy awards

GreyHorace

Disney+’s flagship streaming series wowed this morning, with a surprise best drama Primetime Emmy nomination this morning out of a stellar 15, technically repping the first Emmy nominations for a Star Wars live-action IP since the 1985 ABC movie Ewoks: The Battle for Endor which was then nominated for three Emmys –Outstanding Children’s Programming, Sound Mixing for a miniseries or a special, outstanding special VFX; the latter.

The Mandalorian scored noms for Best Drama, Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance, Production Design for Narrative Program (half-hour), Cinematography for Single Camera (half hour), Fantasy/sci-fi costumes, 3 single-camera Picture editing for a drama series, Prosthetic make-up, music composition, a guest actor in a drama series nod for Giancarlo Esposito, 2 sound-editing in a comedy/drama half hour series, outstanding special vfx, and stunt coordination for a drama series, limited series or movie.

THIS IS THE WAY.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Love The Mandalorian, it's really good but it's not 15 Emmy nominations good.
These award shows became a shit show long ago.

At least these sound mostly technical, which, it does deserve praise there. Feeling like Star Wars, on TV, live action, and over ten episodes or whatever, is pretty special.

Mediocre show with highlights though. People love it because it's not awful, and might actually be a shot at new Star Wars content that recaptures some of the feeling of the original.

Put more simply, a person that's been wondering through the desert for days, is going to have an entirely different opinion on a slightly stale bottle of water, than a normal person.

Tesseract

Banned
i had fun with the first season, seems like the only quality thing going for disney+ unless wandavision and the rest are up to par

speaking of, why the hell aren't those out yet?

GreyHorace

At least these sound mostly technical, which, it does deserve praise there. Feeling like Star Wars, on TV, live action, and over ten episodes or whatever, is pretty special.

Mediocre show with highlights though. People love it because it's not awful, and might actually be a shot at new Star Wars content that recaptures some of the feeling of the original.

Put more simply, a person that's been wondering through the desert for days, is going to have an entirely different opinion on a slightly stale bottle of water, than a normal person.

I don't need a Star Wars tv show to feel like it's The Sopranos or of Breaking Bad quality. I just need it feel like Star Wars. This is an element that the Sequel trilogy failed to do but where The Mandalorian succeeds at.

Hell, look at what happened with Star Trek Picard. It's an utter disaster that completely shits on the legacy of The Next Generation. All because Alex Kurtzmann wanted to inject elements of sex and violence into it like Game of Thrones.

Personally I don't care much for the Emmys. But it's nice the show gets the recognition it deserves.

Last edited:

Ionian

i had fun with the first season, seems like the only quality thing going for disney+ unless wandavision and the rest are up to par

speaking of, why the hell aren't those out yet?

Was wondering that myself, thought those had been wrapped up ages ago.

Grinchy

Banned
Pretty extreme. All I remember of it now are some nice visual pieces and how it turns everyone into a complete moron every time an episode needs to stretch to fill its running time. Oh, and that horrific village episode.

Also, enjoy the show!

YK8wwil.jpg

manfestival

Interesting, like others have echoed in here. It was definitely a fun and enjoyable show but Emmy worthy? I guess their standards have lowered and I never noticed.

Kadayi

Banned
Baby Yoda was dope, but seriously, 15 Emmys?

giphy.gif

Some decent episodes, but at best a straight 6/10 show that didn't entirely suck ass like the new trilogy (although that finale episode was some extremely poorly paced A Team level shit and not in a good way) and had some good memes come out of it.

I enjoyed it - never thought it was Emmy-worthy but it's the best live action SW content since the OT in my opinion. I'm definitely more forgiving of first seasons for shows in general though, and I'm a big SW fan anyway. I expect a lot more from Season 2 and hope it delivers.

Fbh

Seems to be mostly technical stuff so it makes sense.
Best Drama seems out of place, though when the same category also includes Stranger Things it's not that surprising.

Do the Emmys only include English spoken shows? Otherwise I definitely think Dark should have some nominations.

I've always thought of the whole starwars thing as kinda meh.

Though I liked that movie where they infiltrate that building.

Will I like this series?

Top Bottom