• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 Primetime Emmys Nominations

Donos

Michael McKean (Chuck McGill - Better Calll Saul) deserved a nom for this season.Oh, there is no supporting category? Scratch that.
Atlanta was weird and i like it. Hope it wins.

stranger-things-eleven-gif-20321-20896-hd-wallpapers.jpg

Stranger Things' Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven) got robbed, you guys! She deserved a nom!

btrboyev

How is GoT not nominated after last year?

I'm glad the crown got a nomination though because it felt like that show didn't get as much love as should.

Also giving the two American leads noms without the show is weird as they pretty much are the show.

Season 6 had nominations last year. This years show hasn't started yet as it was delayed by 3 months.

Plum

Can someone call the police? I think there's been a robbery and Micheal McKean's nomination was stolen.

Michael McKean (Chuck McGill - Better Calll Saul) deserved a nom for this season.Oh, there is no supporting category? Scratch that.
SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA
Jonathan Banks, Better Call Saul
John Lithgow, The Crown
Mandy Patinkin, Homeland
Michael Kelly, House of Cards
David Harbour, Stranger Things
Ron Cephas Jones, This Is Us
Jeffrey Wright, Westworld

7 nominees. Somehow none of them are Michael McKean.

Can someone call the police? I think there's been a robbery and Micheal McKean's Emmy was stolen.
fixed it

DOWN

Banned
I can’t see any reason for The Handmaid’s Tale not to take the win. It’s the most fresh and exceptional TV drama this year.

Sadly, my guess is that being on Hulu will make it tough. Less exposure than the other networks there.

jett

D-Member
John Lithgow, The Crown
Mandy Patinkin, Homeland

fixed it

Jonathan Banks over Michael McKean.

This doesn't make any sense at all.

The Good Place should have gotten the nom instead of Modern Family or Silicon Valley, both shows had pretty mediocre seasons. Americans as well was not a very good season and does not belong on any list.

If The Good Place season 2 is as good or better than season 1, hopefully it gets a few nods next year.

I have no idea how Jonathan Banks can get the nom for Supporting Actor on the same show and Michael McKeen doesn't. Banks was solid but McKeen blew him away this season.

Plum

John Lithgow, The Crown
Mandy Patinkin, Homeland

fixed it

Jonathan Banks was great but Season 2, especially that one episode that focused on him, was his "Emmy moment". Pretty much the entirety of Season 3 was McKean's "Emmy moment."

rekameohs

Banned
How does McKean not get a nom? Are they just throwing out a nom to Jonathan Banks because they always do? Because McKean was clearly the star this season.

Edit: yup, not the only one

ezekial45

Banned
I don't understand how Micheal McKean came up with nothing. He was phenomenal this season. Probably the best acting of his damn career.

I'm happy Atlanta got those noms, though.

-griffy-

Banned
San Junipero got in for TV Movie:

Television Movie
Black Mirror: San Junipero
Dolly Parton’s Christmas Of Many Colors: Circle Of Love
The Immortal Life Of Henrietta Lacks
Sherlock: The Lying Detective (Masterpiece)
The Wizard Of Lies

Man, feels weird seeing no Game of Thrones, Mad Men, or Breaking Bad in the Drama categories. Those 3 have dominated the awards for so long.

This past Americans season was okay compared to the stellar fourth season but Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys continue to fucking kill it on that show.

And while I'll get behind my boy Rhys, Sterling K. Brown is the heart of This Is Us 100%. That show gets a bit manipulative and saccharine but I also really enjoyed it and the "Nashville" episode should totally get a Best Writing for a Drama Series nod.

Also cool to see The Crown recognized. It wasn't a show many people talked about but it was a lot better than I had anticipated.

Only comedies I watched were Atlanta which was fantastic, Veep (this season was ok), and (not nominated) The Good Place, which I really liked.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Stranger Things and This Is Us really over The Americans?

At least Better Call Saul will win easily now.

jfkgoblue

Better Call Saul should win best drama, but sadly Westworld probably will because HBO.(and yes, I watched both shows this year, and BCS was so much better)

Also lol at Stranger Things overhype carrying it all the way to an Emmy nomination.

The Emmys are just tossing Better Call Saul obligatory noms at this point.

I love Banks but they didn't give him as much to do this season; this was clearly McKean's year.

Donos

John Lithgow, The Crown
Mandy Patinkin, Homeland

fixed it

Thanks. Mike / Banks is cool and all, but it really was Chucks/McKeans time to shine.

No Michael McKean Nom? At all? For this entire season?!
giphy.gif

Damn not even the Kim's actress got one, specially after those last couple of episodes of S3.

Top Bottom