• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at Liam Hemsworth as Geralt of Rivia

Draugoth

Gold Member
Geralt of Rivia is sporting a new look these days — and a new actor.

After paparazzi photos leaked from the set of The Witcher season 4, which is currently in production in the U.K., Entertainment Weekly can exclusively debut the official first-look photo and footage (watch above) of Liam Hemsworth as the White Wolf of the Continent.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
he looks alright but still worse then the superman guy.

nonetheless, the series script is botched anyway.

hopefully this will be the last season.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
He doesn't look too bad in the trailer. I lost interest in the show after watching the first season. Not a very good adaptation. Like a WB+Marvel wannabe crossover.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

stn

Is the writing still going to suck? That's the big question. Liam looks fine as Geralt, as I imagined he would.

Sacred

Hire new writers that know the lore and respect the original vision. Recast Triss, Frangilla, and Phillippa, then we can talk about getting your audience back. Several other actors need to go, but let's start here.

Sacred

Is the writing still going to suck? That's the big question. Liam looks fine as Geralt, as I imagined he would.
Almost guaranteed, it needs a full reboot. They have skipped several books and rewritten and bastardized multiple important storylines, but that won't happen.

stickkidsam

Gold Member
The dude looks the part well enough. Let’s see his voice.

I need to know how disappointed I’d have been if the show was good lol

Show has always sucked.

First season was nice. Relied heavily on the books as well. Watched it twice, reminded me of those 'ol Hercules and Xena TV shows i used to watch as a kid. Made me replay The Witcher 3.

Second season was a laughable downgrade, characters made no sense, heavy DEI infestation with heavy focus on boring as fuck characters. I didn't even know how much it relied on the books until after watching it, and behold, writers decided to can the books and make up their own story; 99% of its writing had nothing to do with the books.

The horrible writing and complete deviation from the books are the issues here.

Mortisfacio

Banned
Actually looks decent, but still won't watch it. This shows writing is terrible. I only suffered through the prior 3 seasons due to Henry.

Diddy X

Question: isn't the witcher supossed to look kinda repulsive, yet they put good looking men to play him?

kubricks

Geralt of Rivia is sporting a new look these days — and a new actor.

After paparazzi photos leaked from the set of The Witcher season 4, which is currently in production in the U.K., Entertainment Weekly can exclusively debut the official first-look photo and footage (watch above) of Liam Hemsworth as the White Wolf of the Continent.

Liam deserves a chance (to act as Geralt), the same cannot be said about writer of the nextflix show, she can fuck right off.
Too bad the series is dead after the 1st season. I will just continue on the book series which I haven't finsihed.

Braag

Even if they were to get Henry back, the show is dead to me. The writing was just so, so bad compared to the books or even TW3.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
'Feast' your eyes xDDDDDDDDDDD
7o4l7Q6.png

Don't get me started on Fringilla Vigo.

aj8Yd1R_700b.jpg

Question: isn't the witcher supossed to look kinda repulsive, yet they put good looking men to play him?

Not really. Geralt refers to himself as having a "hideous smile, a hideous face" but that's mainly just his self-deprecating personality speaking. His feline eyes and pale skin/white hair might make the average person feel uneasy, like there's something clearly unnatural about him, but otherwise he's very much an object of desire for many women - see the banquet at Thanedd, Coral, Fringilla, Shani, Yennefer, Triss, probably some others I've forgotten.

Top Bottom